renzallen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

Well. I'm at job lvl 68 in my SinX and I barely put something in PR skill. Is it necessary? Since my goal is either an MVP or a WOE GX

#2 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

Its considered pretty useless.
It only deals damage to the enemy if they hit you in the first place, and a skill that requires to be hit on a class which specializes in not being hit kind of defeats the point of said skill.
Plus it only deals the 400% damage it lists (this is max level PR of course) if the enemy hits you with a poison attack, of which very few enemies even use a poison attack, will very likely miss when they do use it, and the damage PR deals is poison element which the enemy will probably resist because they're probably poison element for using a poison attack in the first place.
Countering any other types of attack will only result in a lv5 envenom.

If these reasons aren't enough not to take it then also consider how strapped sinX's are for skill points.

Edited by Krispin, 28 August 2011 - 07:39 PM.

#3 Deeper

Deeper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:04 AM

It's really, really bad. Agree with every point Krispin made. However, when an enemy even casts a poison-related skill on you, whether it would work or not, would trigger PR and reflect it for 400% damage. At PR10, it will doe 400%, which is 480% less than Sonic Blow and costs 45 sp instead of 34. PR only deals poison element damage when hit by a normal attack, not when a poison-element attack hits you. In this case, it only triggers 50% of the time and is just an Envenom attack at whatever level you have it at. However, if you get hit by a normal attack by a poison element monster, you WILL use Envenom on it, which usually ends up healing it.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

However, if you get hit by a normal attack by a poison element monster, you WILL use Envenom on it, which usually ends up healing it.

No, the attack will just miss. They never implemented the attacks-of-wrong-element-heal-monster mechanic.

#5 caasi7

caasi7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

you guys got it all wrong!(I think, lol). go to this page (http://:)/index.php?page=skill_db&jid=12) poison react uses envenom only to non poison element monsters(or maybe players) but if the element of the monster is poison it uses boosted(increased damage) normal attack instead(not poison), so you'll miss because of the target's flee or your hit (not because it poisons the poison element enemy monster).

On envenom counters, it takes 1-6 attacks from the enemy before your poison react status is lost but in boosted normal attack, it only takes 1 attack from the enemy and your poison react status is lost regardless of level.

Someone said:
"It only deals damage to the enemy if they hit you in the first place, and a skill that requires to be hit on a class which specializes in not being hit kind of defeats the point of said skill"

That's the point of the skill! to prevent you from being hit, it's like an automatic counter attack. If the enemy misses, it wouldn't activate but if they hit you while in poison react status, the hit will be canceled(your supposed to be hit but the poison react status will cancel it) and you will deal damage to the enemy. Just like the knight skill counter attack/auto counter(even though it's not really auto, lol).

Edited by caasi7, 09 September 2011 - 11:03 AM.

#6 azmandual

azmandual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:42 AM

if i am not mistaken, i think you will still get hit even with poison react. it doesn't block damage. it counters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users