Monkey D. Luffy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

Just wondering what are the best support skills for soul linkers besides kaahi and kaizel, since i made one and dont have any idea what skills changed (nerf or buff) in renewal.

1.Any spirit links that are still viable (besides soul linker spirit)?
2.Also i read kaupe is useless now since it activates 1 time only per cast (useless for agi characters) and kaite got nerf in renewal (Its not viable anymore for leveing/buffing other characters)?

Thanks for the advance replies/help and comments :mellow:

Edited by Monkey D. Luffy, 30 August 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#2 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:54 PM

kahii its the only good one for 2 classes: sorcerer and royal fridge

yay... i just my comment to give a answer to this post... and face it stupid maggots all the soul links are OUTDATED, they need a renewal....

Edited by Mefistofeles, 30 August 2011 - 10:11 PM.

#3 RubberDucky

RubberDucky

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

Kaahi is very useful for other classes as well as the ones mentioned above, as long as you can keep up with the SP consumption... Namely Warlock with Soul Drain and Rangers or Chasers with SP recovery gear. The links still do things they did pre-renewal, for example, Sage Link still gives max level bolts or spells with hindsight, but I don't think Links were changed to give any new bonus or buffs for third classes.

#4 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

kahii its the only good one for 2 classes: sorcerer and royal fridge

I dunno bout THAT, I mean, the Bard/dancer link STILL kicks ass. Most of the rest are only really good for fooling around these days tho. Little practical value, specially since almost nobody brings a linker in any kind of party anymore.

#5 Serimorphan

Serimorphan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:09 PM

My guess would be thats because once you hit 99/70 you have no where to go. You get left 60 levels behind everyone else. Soon as the update lands that gives the other extended classes a boost you will see more of them I bet. I know i'll be leveling a linker then since I think they are a great class but just a shame they get stuck.

Edited by Serimorphan, 30 August 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#6 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

Sage spirit is still really nice for hindsight sage classes, although the caster build seems to be significantly more popular these days (moreso when you look at sorcs in job3, where the AoE spells way outshine the two melee-exclusive skills).

Alchemist spirit is still nice for those SLs who know or have an en-masse brewer.

Bard and Dancer spirits would be nicer if party play didn't consist of end-game dungeons (well past a SL's max level of 99) and nogg2 (where the performer basically stands still and doesn't do anything but keep up one song).

Soul Linker spirit of course is still nice.

Those four are the spirit spells I focused on for my SL. For my own purposes, I also maxed Super Novice, 1st Trans (because I have a lot of characters), and Blacksmith spirits. Also planning to reset Eska (which as far as I can tell does nothing) out for points into TKM, Monk, or Wizard spirits (undecided on distribution at this point).

Kaupe I thought was more for dodging one big hit that you may be anticipating (not sure if it works on these skills but a SLed SL or espoused SL might Kaupe support characters when you're fighting MVPs with Earthquake or Hell's Judgement). I heard it also worked on some of the nastier skills in PvP like GFist, although I can't say for sure myself whether that's true.

There was a topic not too long ago with info on changes to soul links on the kRO test server, but in the updated topic it looks like none of them made it onto the official main server, so we may not have to worry about those...

<edit>Same as above poster with regards to the whole stuck at 99 thing... but max job level for a SL is 50. Dx

Edited by Anchors, 30 August 2011 - 10:11 PM.

#7 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:14 PM

Id be happy to get my soul linker to 150 now, and catch up job levels when their expansion comes out later.

#8 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:28 AM

seems no one answered OP's question about Kaite.

When a character is Kaite'd they now have a penalty and take 400% physical damage.
So you can't really tank with it if you are expecting to take some serious DPS from
an MVP for example. If you have max kaahi it's not much of an issue with low base atk monsters. but the days of 2 linkers tanking everything RO has to offer are gone.

Edited by TheSquishy, 31 August 2011 - 12:29 AM.

#9 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:40 AM

The links are still fun, but you can just make a link linker if you needed a specific one.
Like Hunter link for Beast Strafing fun or something :DD

Also, actually I thought Kaupe was nice for agi chars. Since it doesnt wear off until you actually get hit, which is then dodged.
So if you are like, totally dodging everything, but occasionally do get hit (and harder since youre not defensive but flee), that first one time you do, its avoided.

#10 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

seems no one answered OP's question about Kaite.

When a character is Kaite'd they now have a penalty and take 400% physical damage.
So you can't really tank with it if you are expecting to take some serious DPS from
an MVP for example. If you have max kaahi it's not much of an issue with low base atk monsters. but the days of 2 linkers tanking everything RO has to offer are gone.

Which is why you would potentially get linked and run around kaite-ing all the enemy guild characters in WoE, breaking there kyrie/assump and giving them a huge physical weakness... except there stuck at 99/70

What sucks more is the extended class workings are only for super novice, gunslinger and ninja and they have made no announcement on SL/TKM which really sucks hard. Or at least I haven't heard anything of them adding a 3rd class for them.

Renewal was actually pretty weird with SL. Battle linkers now have better ASPD (-3 penalty I believe?) with staffs, but a bigger penalty with daggers. Which kind of makes it so you hit faster with a mighty staff than with dagger of counter, which I feel is more a nerf because everyone just uses daggers anyway. MATK formula went to hell Esma kinda got hit bad, especially because outside soul/wizard staff the best MATK weapon they get is eden staff II...

Links that are still any good: Rogue, Bard/Dancer, Soul linker, Super novice and Blacksmith. Most of the other links are redundant now.

Edited by Tirasu, 31 August 2011 - 05:13 AM.

#11 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:23 AM

Kaite doesn't overwrite KE,only assu. But yus, kaite from a linker would be one of the worst debuffs if only linkers could survive. Any third job can oneshot a soul linker...

#12 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

What sucks more is the extended class workings are only for super novice, gunslinger and ninja and they have made no announcement on SL/TKM which really sucks hard. Or at least I haven't heard anything of them adding a 3rd class for them.

Renewal was actually pretty weird with SL. Battle linkers now have better ASPD (-3 penalty I believe?) with staffs, but a bigger penalty with daggers. Which kind of makes it so you hit faster with a mighty staff than with dagger of counter, which I feel is more a nerf because everyone just uses daggers anyway. MATK formula went to hell Esma kinda got hit bad, especially because outside soul/wizard staff the best MATK weapon they get is eden staff II...

Links that are still any good: Rogue, Bard/Dancer, Soul linker, Super novice and Blacksmith. Most of the other links are redundant now.

On the other hand, the fact that they were working on job3 variants for the other extended classes at all is a good sign that we'll be getting something comparable for SLs (someday /swt ). Despite the wait that will invariably be involved, I'm looking forward to hearing about that.

Regarding the dagger versus staff thing, that explains why my melee linker is so slow >.> If only Esma weren't so point-intensive in a class that maxed out at job 50...

Out of curiosity, though, what kept Alchemist spirit off your list? I realize that it seems its main purpose is for mass brewing, but berserk toss?

#13 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

No linker should ever get oneshot.

#14 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:46 AM

hopefully the negative feedback for super novice 3rd job will cause them to do the other expanded jobs properly, even if it does take a while.

#15 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

I don't even think concepts for the other expanded classes are even on the table yet. I saw some art, but nothing skill related.

#16 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

hopefully the negative feedback for super novice 3rd job will cause them to do the other expanded jobs properly, even if it does take a while.

Speaking to that, I'm kinda hoping for more skills to become available for super nubs considering that they snuck a trans job2 skill in there... Kinda a longshot, I know, but one can dream... @_@

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users