renzallen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

So this Is my GX, Please suggest something about the Build and gears. Am lvl 100 please suggest some leveling spots as well. Thanks

Posted Image

#2 renzallen

renzallen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

And how can I add more ASPD?? How to make it 190?

#3 Renairain999

Renairain999

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

actually dex and berserk pots increases attack speed too and why do you only have 3 dex? and my friend who is lvl 102 atm and is a GX too is currently lvling in magmarings(cause I'm giving endows to him =/)

#4 renzallen

renzallen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:18 PM

actually dex and berserk pots increases attack speed too and why do you only have 3 dex? and my friend who is lvl 102 atm and is a GX too is currently lvling in magmarings(cause I'm giving endows to him =/)

Actually I'm starting to put points on my DEX, but I'd rather ask someone else about my build instead of doin it on my own. So should I add about 30 DEX?

#5 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

Dex for attack speed?
I wouldn't bother if that's the only reason for it, with 100 agi you probably wouldn't see even one point of aspd increase even with 100 dex, though unless you plan to ctrl+click your entire life it would be good to have for attack skills.

Also, unless I'm mistaken gx's can only use up to awakening potions.
There's also celermine juice which stacks with other aspd potions, though its a tad expensive for its duration.
If you can find a friendly bard subclass to follow you with impressive riff you should be able to get a pretty impressive aspd.
Other than that... if you've got the patience for it, maybe a pair of glorious rings. +5% aspd each, among other effects.

Edited by Krispin, 03 September 2011 - 08:55 PM.

#6 renzallen

renzallen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:01 PM

Dex for attack speed?
I wouldn't bother if that's the only reason for it, with 100 agi you probably wouldn't see even one point of aspd increase even with 100 dex.

But if I want to hit with CI? How much DEX do I need?

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:04 PM

Try getting these weapons:
Slicing (The Paper card) Durga = For general use.
Glorious Jamadhar = For PvP.
Quadruple Malicious Specialty Jur = Rolling Cutter + EDP PvM end game leveling.

Armors and stuff:
Ring of Flame Lord = Auto Zen, Fury, Gloria Domini are nice to have.
Rogue Treasure = Another 1 of these won't hurt.
Diabolus Armor of Wild Cat (Porcellio card) with +3 AGI = I consider this better than Dragon Vest because of higher defense, HP, and bonus STR.
+9 High Level (Orc Baby card) Valkyrian Manteau = It's better than Raydric because you get a +15 Flee bonus along with the -15% against neutral.
Variant Shoes = More HP/SP than Superior (Firelock Soldier card) Diabolus Boots.

Leveling a GX is pretty costly and requires a lot of EDPs. I would check which dungeons are available during the weekly turn-ins and train there because the spawn is better. If not, you'll just have to level at Magma Dungeon 2 till you're 119 and go to Scarabas level 1 and 2 respectively once you meet the appropriate levels.

#8 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:07 PM

Well now, I don't have a gx (yet), so I can't give a number that you can quote me on.
However I think 70 is considered the minimum to consistently hit things, not including other thief characters in WoE and enemies that just have a high flee.

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

Flee is reduced to half (or 2/3?) in WoE. Even non-trans characters can still hit you if they start to gang up on you. 30 is OK since each every base level you get more hit. At level 150, you get +149 Hit from levels alone. If you are having a hard time hitting, you need to get VIP for the +7 to all stat buff and have buff scrolls from Kafra shop if you're soloing.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 03 September 2011 - 09:36 PM.

#10 Neba

Neba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:06 AM

renzallen, you have lots of room for improvement. some easier than others.

first off, you are not benefitting having the Rogue Treasure without 90 str... If you had 90 str, you would have your hit and flee bonuses. I notice you are paticularly concerned with hitting while using skills. As I mentioned to you in your other post, 30 Dex does failry well from lvl 100-150 as a GX, that was also with 2 Rogue Treasures and 90 str/agi bonuses. At lvl 140-150 with 30 total dex I never missed with Rolling Cutter in Bio2, which I think is an important goal to meet when trying to solo. I guess what you will have to decide is, which to get first 90 str, or 30 dex....If you already have Rolling Cutter or Counter Slash to max level, then I would get dex first imo.

Also as your job levels increase, a Cold Heart will probably suit you better than the apple acessory, atleast until you can get another Rogue Treasure. It will incrase your dmg to mediuem and your aspd a little.

I would also find a substitute to the Silent Exec, since I hope you wont be getting 120 Agi since that is a complete waste.

As far as ASPD, only real way to get awesome aspd is with KVM katar. Anything else you might aswell just focus on your dmg and getting higher lvl.

#11 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:17 AM

If you have high luk you won't need the triple critical Jur. Since you'll have a decent amount of crit anyways.

Gear wise this is my recommendation:

Armor: Diabolous armor with a porcellio card or something else with a porcellio card, you could totally stick with your dragon vest
shoes: Shackles
2nd accessory slot: Bloody shackle ball (+50 atk with the shackles on)
Garment: Anything works. valk mant, d mant, nyd garb, whatever. Your dragon mant could still work.
Weapon: A +7 or higher Durga for most things unless you can get a KVM katar. A BG Katar or bloody infiltrator also works quite well on demi monsters.

For leveling there are several different spots you could do. On my gx, I did kobolds/magma2 when I was 100-110 using meteor assault (with 1 dex) then moved onto Rachel sanc. Granted, Rachel was NOT easy at 110 but totally doable. Used a combination of Rolling cutter and Meteor Assault (mob, backslide, MA to stun then RC). I stayed there until 118-120. Alternated between Rachel, Geffenia and Al2/AL3 for a change of scenery. Moved onto Bio2 around 122 or so. Scaraba hole is also good around that level as well. However, unless you REALLY want a challenge I would seriously suggest going to the maps I went to 5 levels higher than I was when I went.

FYI: Rolling cutter + EDP helps a lot, although I 150'd mine without ever popping a single bottle of EDP minus the one bottle I used to test out dmg. Never really used Cross Impact either. Just ctrl-clicks, backslide, meteor assualt, rolling cutter and cross ripper slash(it's not super strong but it's fun to screw around with). Got weapon block+counter slash later on when I was like 148 or something and realized I had a bunch of unused skill points.

#12 renzallen

renzallen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 253 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

Gear wise this is my recommendation:

Armor: Diabolous armor with a porcellio card or something else with a porcellio card, you could totally stick with your dragon vest
shoes: Shackles
2nd accessory slot: Bloody shackle ball (+50 atk with the shackles on)
Garment: Anything works. valk mant, d mant, nyd garb, whatever. Your dragon mant could still work.
Weapon: A +7 or higher Durga for most things unless you can get a KVM katar. A BG Katar or bloody infiltrator also works quite well on demi monsters.

My concern now is, I am looking forward to change my set soon. Is it better to stick with my dragon set or get the diabolus? And my other concern is do I have to get the diabolus ring? Since it has an effect with the diabolus armor. Or I'll just forget about the set effect? And don't get the ring cause atm I have 2 rouge's treasure.

#13 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2011 - 12:30 AM

The d armor is better go to with since you will get hit and hit hard. Flee won't help you that much. You don't need the d ring but it's a nice to have.

#14 azmandual

azmandual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

190 aspd? u can get 193 with +9 kvm katar ^^.

- +10 valk maneteau (green maiden) best garment imo ^^. and at the time you get urself a +9 kvm katar itll help to proc the maximum aspd bonus ^^.

- high upgrade durga for general purpose with paper/mobster

- two Rts/RT and RoFL

- iono about the armor. +3 str naga scale with porcellio might be a good choice.

- variant or +9 superior d.boots

- (lower head) four leaf clover +3 luk,and some mdef ^^.

Edited by azmandual, 26 September 2011 - 11:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users