Battle artisan (union war and class balancing) - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Battle artisan (union war and class balancing)

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#26 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

What is 'important stuff' may not be the same for everyone; some people want content, some people balancing, some people want costumes to dress up your character in. Classes are not balanced, and saying one issue is unimportant because you personally don't care for it doesn't mean it should be ignored in the first place.

What tactics exist are limited by the linearity of some classes and 'overpowered' traits of others.

If thats not the case, use your tactics to beat:

An Artisan with a mage
A Champ with a Scout
A Knight with a Bourg
A Raider with a Cleric

etc. in 1v1.

#27 kaminichuan

kaminichuan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:leonis

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

Well since this is a Battle Arti bashing thread , I'll add my 2 cents.
All I read here is : " OMFG nerf battle artis cos they pwn everything and that they are too OP."

The fact is that all classes have their inherent strengths and weaknesses. If you can't beat
a battle arti 1v1 then apparently you haven't found the right tactic/strategy to exploit their
weaknesses. I play a raider and battle artis are as squisy as flies if I go 1v1 with them even
with their stuns and nades. Their stuns are not 100%. This is all I will say.

So instead of posting rants here why not do more research and test play before ranting like a
kid that battle artis are too OP and wanting the developers to do something about it as they have more
important stuff like new game content and tons of obvious bugs to fix.

Do you think arti's in union war are willing to stay still and let you kill them like flies? good luck getting into a 1v1 situation anyway.

My arti is nowhere near max mspeed and I can escape with ease from hordes of enemies chasing me - with just a single sleep skill.

#28 littlekami

littlekami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

the sleep thingi is rly hard to beat... 4 secs sleep vs. battlearti thats nearly enough to die :P

like... sleep enemy..pew pew pew pew pew....stune..pew pew pew....run...sleep...pew pew pew....DEAD

thats are the 10 sec against battle arti :)

Edited by littlekami, 05 September 2011 - 06:07 PM.

#29 PigGoesQuack

PigGoesQuack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 749 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

What is 'important stuff' may not be the same for everyone; some people want content, some people balancing, some people want costumes to dress up your character in.

An Artisan with a mage
A Champ with a Scout
A Knight with a Bourg
A Raider with a Cleric

etc. in 1v1.

#30 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draco

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

the dev team hate scouts and love artis

More like knights, scouts are nearly op as it is, scouts pawn everything...

#31 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

What tactics exist are limited by the linearity of some classes and 'overpowered' traits of others.

An Artisan with a mage
A Champ with a Scout
A Knight with a Bourg
A Raider with a Cleric

etc. in 1v1.

Knight with a scout, scouts can kill champs O:

#32 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

A champion can barely beat a champion, how can a scout beat a champ in a similar case? :P

http://forums.warppo...ps-vol2-part-1/

#33 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

A champion can barely beat a champion, how can a scout beat a champ in a similar case? :P

http://forums.warppo...ps-vol2-part-1/

I beat most champs with my scout :)

#34 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

I beat most champs with my scout :P

Nerf Tyson then.

#35 Soaked

Soaked

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationNYC or Amsterdam
  • Server:Bf3 LMAO!

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:17 PM

What is 'important stuff' may not be the same for everyone; some people want content, some people balancing, some people want costumes to dress up your character in. Classes are not balanced, and saying one issue is unimportant because you personally don't care for it doesn't mean it should be ignored in the first place.

An Artisan with a mage
A Champ with a Scout
A Knight with a Bourg
A Raider with a Cleric

etc. in 1v1.

Only scout vs champ worked, But kinda hard :P There are always a few classes like this in every game.

#36 RagingHormones

RagingHormones

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

More like knights, scouts are nearly op as it is, scouts pawn everything...

no wonder piercing archs with 100 dura cost 2-3 bil for a clean one and sundering forces with an average of 60 dura only cost 300 mil. been trying to figure out why there is such a big difference in price for these two weapons.

wait i think i got something wrong here...

#37 Soaked

Soaked

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationNYC or Amsterdam
  • Server:Bf3 LMAO!

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:07 AM

no wonder piercing archs with 100 dura cost 2-3 bil for a clean one and sundering forces with an average of 60 dura only cost 300 mil. been trying to figure out why there is such a big difference in price for these two weapons.

wait i think i got something wrong here...

Lol. Last class that's op is the scout class.

#38 teddy77

teddy77

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationBali, Indonesia
  • Server:EARTH

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:52 AM

lets party hard guys :P

#39 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:53 AM

I want arua's easier to get from IM then having to use PlaySpan that site never works, for anyone(me&3+ friends)... ever. (always gives bad credit card errors and crap)

T.T - My aura supply is starting to run low :P

Edited by CaNehDa, 06 September 2011 - 08:22 AM.

#40 oKinGo

oKinGo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

I sure miss those days when they didn't nerd the dark gears and my Bourg having 280% Aspd~, and just melt champs down. :P

#41 oKinGo

oKinGo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:23 AM

try me :)

#42 Jingle9

Jingle9

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:46 AM

try me :P

Don't get your head too big playing an op class with barely any weaknesses (High ap, High def, stuns, slows, debuffs, jedi powers, etc). It is not normal for a class to have one "potential" enemy (scouts in this case). Having all those strengths makes about as much sense as creating a bourg with 10k def, 7k ap, 5k acc, 1.5k crit and stun/slow/defdown and some jedi powers. I know champs are going to get denfesive and say artis have stun lock etc etc, yes they do, that should be balanced too, but you cannot critique artisans and look over the fact that champs need a massive remodeling, I personally don't see how one with insanely high def, high ap, should have such high mspeed. You want high ap and def? make them slow or something, I've never seen a tank go as fast as a jet, have you?

Anyhow, anyone who plays and has played this game for a while will understand that the class system needs some tweaking and adjusting, I'm not asking for a total remodeling of the system (as it has been done in the past, if they are going to do that, might aswell delete our chars and make us start from scratch), all I think many want is more balance, so everyone can play the class they like to play, and have a chance against others with that particular class, I personnaly love playing gun bourg and I won't even play it now because, appart from stockpile, it has no benefits at all.

I'm not a developper, I don't pretend to know so much about the game, idk what is possible or not, but I sure know there is something to do about all this, and sure hope that the senators will vehicule our thoughts to the dev team and that they will "consider" our ideas, because after all, who better than the players to see what is wrong with the game they play (I still think every game should have their own dev team, dedicated to one single game in addition to GMs that PLAY the game as do normal players to find the flaws and bugs).

Edited by Jingle9, 06 September 2011 - 10:47 AM.

#43 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • LocationDepends on the day

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

If you are bringing this to their attention, you should take in consideration that the only thing making Artisans "overpowered" is their ability to stun lock, make them able to use only 1 nade or make the cooldown longer on both nades and you have a char that is not so overpowered (how many good artis have you seen around? I haven't seen many).

And while you're at it, bring to their attention that every other class needs to be balanced, champs need some work (cause they are a little op atm, and alot easier than artis to master). If you're going to make artis a crafting only class, you might want to ask the devs to make gun bourgs useful once again, I've been a gun bourg for ever, since the game started, and the only reason I lately made an arti is because the bourgs are ridiculously weak, against every other class, they will most likely lose everytime due to the lack of passives and effective skills.

So yes, the stun lock is annoying and as an arti, I do agree that sleep+2 nades is OP. On the other side of things, balance those 3 things, and you've got a regular char; have you ever seen a raider or champ pvp an arti that wasn't using those 3 things? If so, you will understand that the arti isn't op at that point and a simple cooldown change could be the solution.

As for gun bourgs becoming useless, I would be the first one to support a certain arti nerf to make bourgs a battle class once again, I do agree that it makes no sense that a "crafting class" is better than a supposed battle class (bourgs) and if they do nerf artis, in my opinion, they need to make bourgs alot better, to once again be part of the top pvp/war classes.

I kinda like what you said for the most part...

But Arti is the easiest class to master. Poisen, Sleep, normal attack, nade(s)... Repeat.

#44 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:20 AM

It's true and I agree with Jingle. What I was trying to point out with the stats is that Bourgs just get trumphed in every possible means, even with IM Passives.

And it is true, it isn't the stats that makes an Arti OP. It's the concussion grenades/explosives and AoE sleep all wrapped into one very short cooldown package that becomes the ultimate problem.

Any weakness in your Arti's stats or build can easily be supplimented by any of those 3 means of disabling your opponent indefinitely.

At the same time, I rather they find a way to make these stuns more balanced, don't touch the Arti's main stats and skills, and find a means to buff up the Bourg Job Class instead making them more viable for actual combat.

#45 oKinGo

oKinGo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:45 AM

Don't get your head too big playing an op class with barely any weaknesses (High ap, High def, stuns, slows, debuffs, jedi powers, etc). It is not normal for a class to have one "potential" enemy (scouts in this case). Having all those strengths makes about as much sense as creating a bourg with 10k def, 7k ap, 5k acc, 1.5k crit and stun/slow/defdown and some jedi powers. I know champs are going to get denfesive and say artis have stun lock etc etc, yes they do, that should be balanced too, but you cannot critique artisans and look over the fact that champs need a massive remodeling, I personally don't see how one with insanely high def, high ap, should have such high mspeed. You want high ap and def? make them slow or something, I've never seen a tank go as fast as a jet, have you?

Anyhow, anyone who plays and has played this game for a while will understand that the class system needs some tweaking and adjusting, I'm not asking for a total remodeling of the system (as it has been done in the past, if they are going to do that, might aswell delete our chars and make us start from scratch), all I think many want is more balance, so everyone can play the class they like to play, and have a chance against others with that particular class, I personnaly love playing gun bourg and I won't even play it now because, appart from stockpile, it has no benefits at all.

I'm not a developper, I don't pretend to know so much about the game, idk what is possible or not, but I sure know there is something to do about all this, and sure hope that the senators will vehicule our thoughts to the dev team and that they will "consider" our ideas, because after all, who better than the players to see what is wrong with the game they play (I still think every game should have their own dev team, dedicated to one single game in addition to GMs that PLAY the game as do normal players to find the flaws and bugs).

That was simply a joke. Guess someone is on drug today. Calm down and take a chill pill. I played this game long enough and i know what's up, not just you. And that reply have never been directed to you. tythemus said he beat most champs with scout so I simply just want a taste of it. And those stats you just list out is either you on booster or King suit.

Edited by oKinGo, 06 September 2011 - 11:51 AM.

#46 LadyPsyber

LadyPsyber

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1242 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:24 PM

Time to hear the community thought on this.
Before anyone starts hating, I've played battle arti for a long time myself and mine is still geared so yes I have something to lose too.

Of course the near 100% stunlock is quite amusing - on the giving end.
But I quickly got tired of this because people find arti so annoying, even I feel annoyed at myself for playing it.

The state of the union war is a disaster. One side is always ridiculously overcrowded, and the other side rarely has more than one or two fighting parties.
By itself, one fast battle artisian is extremely difficult to escape from (unless you are a cloaking hawker), and with everyone jumping on the bandwagon, it seriously destroys an already pointless union war.

In my opinion it has always been challenging to fight on the losing side - with proper teamwork, one small party can still have a bit of fun in union war. Now with so many mspeed battle arti's zooming around and stunlock/aoe-sleeping everything that moves I just...bleh.

Is this the 9th or 10th someone has made a thread/posted this information?

The ONLY solution for UW is to randomize teams. Anything else is corruptible. You CANNOT corrupt something you have no control over.

As for stunlock, a couple jobs can get near a stunlock on someone. The problem with an artisan is that if you CANNOT get a stunlock, you're flat. If you remove the chance(its not garanteed and if multiple people go after an artisan, they are DEAD) then the build is back to being garbage. Do not FORGET how much hell it is to play an artisan up to 220 when aoe parties ignore you...they ignore you at 220 as well if you are hunting as you aren't good enough for their parties.

If anything artisans need some sort of bone...crafting is absolute junk, no aoe's, defense is crap. The only thing an artisan DOES have is a chance at stunlock vs 1 toon. WOW, lets destabilize the game some more to stop that!

#47 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:32 PM

Is this the 9th or 10th someone has made a thread/posted this information?

The ONLY solution for UW is to randomize teams. Anything else is corruptible. You CANNOT corrupt something you have no control over.

As for stunlock, a couple jobs can get near a stunlock on someone. The problem with an artisan is that if you CANNOT get a stunlock, you're flat. If you remove the chance(its not garanteed and if multiple people go after an artisan, they are DEAD) then the build is back to being garbage. Do not FORGET how much hell it is to play an artisan up to 220 when aoe parties ignore you...they ignore you at 220 as well if you are hunting as you aren't good enough for their parties.

If anything artisans need some sort of bone...crafting is absolute junk, no aoe's, defense is crap. The only thing an artisan DOES have is a chance at stunlock vs 1 toon. WOW, lets destabilize the game some more to stop that!

aha

and do u think scout is easy to level when party ignores u?

do u think scout has great def?

why a scout has no stune in his arrows....

#48 simshon

simshon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

scout cant win any class then other scout,
if you beat anyone with your scout probably he had (8) set.

#49 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

thats what i mean

scout has nothing....

so why should artisan keep his grenades...

edit: 1 year ago they removes the 60%mspeed buff for scouts and replaced with 50%

i dont know since today why they did that??? WHY!!!!

they made scouts/raiders slower than other classes? WHY in this world they did that?

Edited by TankJr, 06 September 2011 - 12:55 PM.

#50 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

Pvp situation with no pots..yeah...War situation..full buffed..Hell no..i REFUSE to believe that....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users