Super Novices beyond with no new gear - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Super Novices beyond with no new gear

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

I know its been a few since super novices had the ability to go beyond, but I couldn't help wondering to myself why no new gear was implemented for them. With every class that was new, new gear was implemented for them. Each 3rd class got a new headgear along with many obtainable class specific items. The 2-2 classes as well obtained new items for their classes. Monks got fists, sages books, etc. Gunslingers got pistols and other guns and ninjas got daggers, huuma shurikens, and kunais. I am just curious why RO broke this trend of having gear for new classes, and didn't even think twice about new novice gears for this "super" update. I know Super novices arn't nearly as popular as they used to be, mainly in part because of the matk and cast time changes, but the fact remains that it still is a new class. Would it be that hard to implement a few items for this new class? Just a thought. I'm hoping some new items will be implemented, but from the looks of it, it doesn't look like it'll be within the next year or so. Imagine having a monk for the first time, and having all of these skills that can use fist weapons, and but not getting any fists to go with that. Its similar to that in a way. Kind of makes me sad. :P

#2 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

they can use all weapons level 4 when are linked.....

#3 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 06 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

they can use all level 4 1h swoed, 1h axe, 1h staff, dagger and mace when are linked.....

Fixed.

#4 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

Seems kind of lame that all their "new" gear has to be acquired through a temporary link that you need a second account to make and only stays on for 1 map.

#5 darkagentx

darkagentx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

Hey, that'd be a great bonus for going over 100 with a supernovice; not needing a link anymore to equip all headgears and those level 4 weapons!
I mean, once you go over 100 you're going to need that gear more than ever; so it'd be only fair not to NEED a linker, which most importantly of all is still stuck at 99.

#6 Skyven

Skyven

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:09 AM

supernovies definitely need some new gear, my +7 hypno staff and angelic gears are getting rusty there so old!

#7 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:20 AM

They should be able to equip gear a trans novice can wear, unfortunately I'm not sure what if anything a trans novice can use thats different to a regular novice. Might be a couple of weapons maybe but most trans armors specify classes.

#8 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:24 AM

Hey, that'd be a great bonus for going over 100 with a supernovice; not needing a link anymore to equip all headgears and those level 4 weapons!
I mean, once you go over 100 you're going to need that gear more than ever; so it'd be only fair not to NEED a linker, which most importantly of all is still stuck at 99.

That sounds like one hell of a good idea. I mean, it could be years before the upgraded class for soul linker comes out on iRO, and meanwhile, you're supposed to drag this loser 99 linker everywhere you go with you for god knows how long?

Edited by Kuropi, 07 September 2011 - 02:44 AM.

#9 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 07 September 2011 - 02:43 AM

now that u say that
i think the new gs and nin arent gonna have new gears also
hmm they sould make a super super novice gear yes yea??

#10 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:34 AM

Im kinda optimistic that there will be something in some distant future, but Id also want the class to actually be more than just SN with Gloria and some wiz skills.

http://forums.warppo...post__p__554522

#11 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

It's because it was a thoughtless, tacked on development.

Though you are able to use Staff of Destruction with a link, what spell would you possibly use to level with? Heaven's Drive?

Edited by Brindizer, 07 September 2011 - 06:40 AM.

#12 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:22 PM

Linked Super Novices will at least be able to make good use of the new staff that's coming out. 270matk, 30% jupital thunder damage and weapon lvl4. But, I think lvl 100+ super novices definitely should have access to more gears, without the need of a soul link from a underplayed class being left behind for god knows how long. They should have access to more gears without the need of a link!

#13 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

technically, it's an expansion of the super novice and not a new class. If it was a new class they'd get better treatment, like new sprites :P

#14 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:23 AM

Should have just boosted the levels to job 150 and tacked the skills in there rather than job 50, at least then you could take advantage of stuff that relied on job level.

I hope they do at LEAST revamp the 100+ novice job later on and give it proper treatment, I mean not even a sprite >.>

Edited by Hrothmund, 08 September 2011 - 01:25 AM.

#15 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 08 September 2011 - 03:20 AM

I agree, if SNs will go 100+ they shud have new gears coz goin to 150, thatll be surely hard with the super low hp mod so i wud suggest hp boosting gears if this gona happen /no1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users