#1 Dl2agon

Dl2agon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 September 2011 - 05:46 PM

Ok so i understand we have the best base aspd in the game. But my problem lies here. is there any way to get to max aspd with out the kvm weapons? I know RG's and Rk's with better aspd then me with just berserk and spear and two handed quicken. I figured that assassins should have the ability to be the fastest attackers no matter what but from what ive seen we have to rely on our kvm to get that aspd while other class dont have to. maybe the aspd formula should be re adjusted?? or gxes should be given better base aspd or have something where there aspd goes up by 1 point auto for every 10 job lvls? Can someone tell the highest aspd they have gotten there gx without kvm? And does anyone have the aspd formula they can post for me too see? Just seems wierd that we are not the fastest attackers.
right now i have:
+9 mercury riser
robo eyes
+6 hybrid durga
+5 immune nid
2 rts
+4 vital tree shoes
lucuis or bone plate of ares.

i have 110+5 agi and in total with awakening potion vip buffs and increase agi i only have 186 aspd

Edited by Dl2agon, 08 September 2011 - 06:23 AM.

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

Not sure why you're using a double attack Durga if you're using Mercury Riser. Double attack takes priority over critical attacks. Focus on 1 style: critical or double attack. Critical is obviously better because you don't need to invest a lot of DEX plus the critical hits sounds better. :P Luck's a better stat to invest in due to additional resistance to status effects, perfect dodge, critical chances, and higher ATK.

I think this one should give you the best ASPD as well as keeping an ideal CRIT build if you are really into that

+9 Mercury Riser with Vanberk Card
Black Frame Glasses with Nightmare Card
Four Leaf Clover (lower)
Dragon Vest with Ancient Mimic Card
Dragon Manteau with Baphomet Jr. Card
+9 Black Leather Boots with Odium of Thanatos Card
2x Rogue Treasure or 2x Bradium Brooches with Kukre Cards
+9 Glorious Jamadhar (if you don't have it, use a +7-+9 Durga with Mobster or The Paper Card)

Having an Alchemist class with Alchemist Spirit Soul Link and throw Berserk Potion at you should give you 5% better ASPD than Awakening Potions as well as Impressive Rift from a Maestro. VIP buffs, Agi Up/Blessing Scrolls, and +20 AGI food should easily boost you to 193 ASPD no problem if you have no access to the previously said suggestions.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 08 September 2011 - 08:51 AM.

#3 Dl2agon

Dl2agon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:03 AM

im working on better katar ;p.

but my question is why does our aspd suck so bad compared to some other classes?

a royal guard with shield and spear with just agi vip buffs berserk and spear quicken has more aspd then me. and he had like 80agi. that Rg was reflect build too ROFL.
RK's have it easy to 190+aspd too. im just wondering why a gx has to sacrifice so much for aspd? I looked up the aspd calculator on wiki:
My gears right now to hit 190 aspd i need 175 agi and for 193 i need 215 agi. with your gear without the slave for impressive rift or throw berserk i get 190 aspd.

heres my thing though why must i put everything in my gear for aspd when other classes dont have too?

idk how much the stats foods are but thats a big investment for 190 aspd. around 160mil. and when I mvp i guess im just suppose to have my kvm no matter what lol. cause i need the resistances to mvp.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:20 AM

Because a GX isn't all about ASPD. There's more to the class than just attacking fast. The class is more critical and flee oriented than attacking as well as utilizing poisons to completely screw over the opposition. Personally, my GX only has 187 ASPD with Awakes, Agi food, VIP buffs (I don't have the gears I recommended because I'm more of a PvP/WoE build), but I hit really hard and can dodge/endure a lot of punishment.

A Bow Ranger has access to Improve Concentration, Falcon Eyes, and Fear Breeze, Swordy classes have quickens, Smith classes have Adrenaline Rush, and many classes such as Rogue have access to Berserk Potions while we can only use Awakes. As you can see, we don't have any skills similar to the classes I mentioned that's why it's very difficult to get 193 ASPD for GX. 120 AGI is almost staple just to hit 188.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 08 September 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#5 Dl2agon

Dl2agon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:58 AM

kkty. so basically if i want to be able to put out good damage and still have resist with max aspd i need kvm. figure but i just wanted to make sure.

#6 caasi7

caasi7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

Because a GX isn't all about ASPD. There's more to the class than just attacking fast.

He's right(maybe), I don't think we actually need to get the highest attack speed. I think if you compare a knight with 180 ASPD to an assassin with 180 ASPD, the assassin will still be faster since it deals two damage every one attack. If we focus more on attack power our DPS will also increase(i think). I don't know here but when i used to play before renewal on pRO, we put more str than agi on our character.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users