#1 SilverSolon

SilverSolon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

1. Can Steal/Gank steal cards? Impossible or not, that's all I'm asking.

2. For a Gank Rogue, should I have above avarage DEX and LUK for stealing chances?

3. What's impossible to steal?

4. Recommended places to farm for good loot using Steal/Gank?

I'm just going to use my rogue to farm extra loot and stuff, and would appreciate some help on it. No, I'm not going to bot. I will do it myself.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:44 PM

Steal/Gank as I'm aware is not able to steal cards from monsters. The same goes for any drop that goes for card-drop rate. Meaning anything that drops at around 0.02% more or less.

Dex and the level of Steal is what affects Steal's success rate. Luck stat has nothing to do with it.

#3 SilverSolon

SilverSolon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

Oh. Lol I thought LUK was important too. Never mind that then, haha. So all DEX. Alright, thank you very much.

#4 Noumi

Noumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

My friend made an interesting observation involving ganking. Asides from the fact that gank probably doesn't work on MVP/boss class monsters, it appears that whenever a steal is successful, it will do a roll like how item items would normally drop. However gank does not allow you to get more than 1 item, even if the roll gets you more than 1 item. The AI decides which item to pick by the one that has the highest NPC sell value.

Disclaimer: This is based on observation. There is no proof that gank really works like this.

He based it on the observation that he seems to steal more cyfars then the other rubbish the raggler drops, which has quite high drop rates too. That being the case, even if a card was rolled successfully, any other common item that was rolled successfully would likely have a higher NPC value than the card, and that item gets selected instead of the card. Therefore the only way to steal a card is to not only roll it successfully, but also to have every items with higher NPC value rolled unsuccessful, making it almost impossible to gank a card.

Edited by Noumi, 10 September 2011 - 09:29 PM.

#5 SilverSolon

SilverSolon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:24 AM

So it MAY be possible, even if extremely freaking unlikely?

Well, that sounds good to me.

#6 azmandual

azmandual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

1,2,3 answered

4. - if u are not patient go to harpy/goats/grand peco. their loots are good for OC.
- if u are patient. blacksmith can make even more zeny. go to poison spores map, mob them then use greed to loot. poison spore sells for 1,5k each in ymir, not to mention blue herb and karvo. though for this one, u'll have to vend to get real zeny ^^.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users