• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KuroDomj

KuroDomj

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:11 AM

I'm confused between the two. Krishna has 2 slots but less atk while Durga has 1 slot and 190 Atk. Which should I go? Also I need opinion about my build. Currently my SinX is a double-atk katar (w/ Chick hat). Should I change to Crit Sin? Not many guide online says about double-atk katar SinX. Actually my SinX's dps is ok since I had no difficulty in killing normal monster < lv110 within 5-6 secs (I'm lv 91), with not many crit atk (my crit rate is only 8(x2?). Is that true that double atk comes first before crit atk?

#2 syxzero

syxzero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:41 AM

The durga will outdamage the krishna regardless of what cards you put into it. I'd get the durga if given the choice.

i do recommend you go crit though, even with low luck you can use kobold-soldierskeleton-mobster cards or rogue treasures. whatever your budget can afford. crits ignore flee! chick hats are good for ALL sin types crit or not. it increases DPS nicely with no drawback. Double attack does override crits but that's not a problem as long as DA damage > crit

an easy example is if you have 100% crit and 100% hit on a target then you will do all crits WITHOUT chick hat. WITH chick hat half your hits will be crits and half will be double attacks (0% chance of normal non-DA hits). the problem is if you have less than 20% hit on a target then you'll just get mostly crits.

i have a full crit GX and i use chick hat for the great dps increase. and no, chick hat won't make you miss more as some may think. good luck with your sin!

Edited by syxzero, 11 September 2011 - 03:42 AM.

#3 KuroDomj

KuroDomj

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:40 AM

Thanks alot. I was thinking that DA overrides Crit, then Crit rate will be reduce. Now it's clearer for me. Thanks alot :)

#4 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

Durga > Krishna

#5 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:37 PM

The problem with coupling Double Attack with Crit builds is the fact that Double Attack overrides Crits. If you don't have enough Hit for a regular non-crit attack, you're gonna miss and waste the proc chance of that DA as well as a potential extra attack that could have otherwise been a Crit. Either you're a Crit build or a non-Crit build. You can't choose both unless you're at least lv135+, where stat allocation towards specific builds becomes less important.

Edited by GuardianTK, 11 September 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#6 Zephyrys

Zephyrys

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

I think people here are missing a key fact: Double Attack does not work conventionally with Katars. Rather, it increases the damage done by the katars on the off-hand. You can be both Double-Attack and Crit Assassin with no problems if you're using Katars for your weapon, and in fact, it's going to raise your off-hand damage by 21% if you max it (Source). If you're dual-wielding, however, it's a waste to try to do both.

As for the original question, it actually depends on your build, and what level you're currently at. Durgas have a Level 100 equip requirement for one thing, while the Krishna's is much lower. And for another, if you depend on cards to increase your crit rate (so you don't have to sink so many points into a high Luck), one card slot may not cut it for you. The chance to perform an attack that does over 5000-6000 damage with a chance for stunning for no SP cost (and it happens fairly frequently, I've found) is a nice thing even if it might have a somewhat lower overall damage.

So again, your mileage may vary on this front. I found myself going with the Krishna because I needed two card slots to boost my crit % a tad. I'd rather be able to put more points in Strength and boost my damage output that way than having to dump so much in Luck to achieve it naturally (especially since a Gullotine Cross has a lower Luck Bonus compared to Assassin Cross). But that's just me.

Edited by Zephyrys, 11 September 2011 - 05:08 PM.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:34 PM

Durga wins although I'm more of a fan of Specialty Jur due to the 4 slots. Glorious still tops all of these though especially when it's +9... Max ASPD ftw. :)

#8 syxzero

syxzero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:54 AM

The problem with coupling Double Attack with Crit builds is the fact that Double Attack overrides Crits. If you don't have enough Hit for a regular non-crit attack, you're gonna miss and waste the proc chance of that DA as well as a potential extra attack that could have otherwise been a Crit. Either you're a Crit build or a non-Crit build. You can't choose both unless you're at least lv135+, where stat allocation towards specific builds becomes less important.

this, sir or madam, is very wrong. please don't misinform our new or returning players. it ends up hurting them in the end and i'm sure you don't mean it. a DA proc chance will not stop a crit and then make it a miss if DA doesn't proc. to put it simply: crits override "normal hits" and "miss" at your crit rate but can't override double attacks. double attack overriding crits is wrong. crits are the ones that do the overriding.

another example: let's say i have 50% hit and 80% crit on a monster.
that means 50% of my hits will be normal hits and 50% will be misses, that will make 25% normal 25% double attacks and 50% miss. now crits can kick in. crits will affect the 25% normals and 50% miss but can't change the 25% DAs. 80% of 50% miss will be 40% crit 10% miss. 80% of 25% normal will be 20% crits and 5% normal hits.
in this scenario it all adds up to 25% DA, 60% crits, 5% normal hits with 10% miss = 100% of all hits.
without the chick hat you would have straight up 80% crits 10% normals and 10% miss. as you can see the "miss" rate with and without the chick hat is exactly the same. i did extensive testing with various crit and non-crit katars to confirm this weeks ago when i bought a chick hat. hope you understand it now.

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:26 AM

double attack overriding crits is wrong. crits are the ones that do the overriding.

I wonder who's spreading the false rumors? I recall Oda or some GM/Forum mod saying Double Attack HAS PRIORITY OVER criticals. Gotta find that response somewhere. :)

#10 syxzero

syxzero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:13 PM

whoever said that is correct, the higher priority on double attack means crits can't override it. just like double attack can't override raging trifecta because that has higher priority. that doesn't mean that the trifectas lower the double attack chance. it can get confusing that's why some people misinterpret it.

raging trifecta > double attack > crits > normaldamage/miss

the dice will roll for all of them, but higher priority will win.

#11 KuroDomj

KuroDomj

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

So basically it means that whenever I attack, there is 50% of DA, other 50% will be crit or miss. If I have 100+ crit rate (include crit reduction from the enemy, I will do crit instead of miss, so in the end high level GltXs don't even need DEX at all? except for using skills of course.

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:29 AM

so in the end high level GltXs don't even need DEX at all? except for using skills of course.

Wait till you get hit by Masquerade Unlucky or fighting someone with 80-100 Luck and you have only 1 Base Dex... :)

#13 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

Get krishna and link up see what happens

#14 azmandual

azmandual

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:54 AM

i was just about to try it. but i think it'll work. dex build, use chick hat/snake hat and/with vanberk card. when the bonus activated, u will perfectly hit with double attack and critical. you can also switch to DD, and with ice pick your crit will bypass def and definitely deal more damage ^^. i think dex build is better and faster pvm. if u want to go crit for pvp, u can do ~100% crit with only 1 luk with abrasive and two rts ^^. btw imo durga is the best neutral non-humanoid katar /no1.

Edited by azmandual, 26 September 2011 - 10:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users