Shadow Chasers Reproduce Balance Change - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

Shadow Chasers Reproduce Balance Change

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#26 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

chaser with fire trap is extremely easy to use and efficient. if you misplace a trap because of pos lag or w/e else excuse, just backslide. it should only take a second or so to reposition if you know how to backslide

just the ability to backslide makes chaser superior to a ranger in mobbing w/o eddgas. the damage difference is hardly going to mean one more fire trap used

Edited by Andini, 13 September 2011 - 09:29 PM.

#27 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:55 PM

Also, Flying Side Kick is good for repositioning in mobs.

#28 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

@GuardianTK : Who said anything about damage? They simply use firing trap better than rangers due to the myriad of skills they possess to mob/position etc. It's not like firing trap does amazing damage anyway.

#29 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

It's not like firing trap does amazing damage anyway.

Say that to my Ranger doing 11k Trap damage. You will always outdamage DB RKs and SR Maestros with Fire Trap because you can always plant another one each time one explodes. It's almost like Ctrl+clicking except your trap does splash damage. <_<

#30 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

Say that to my Ranger doing 11k Trap damage. You will always outdamage DB RKs and SR Maestros with Fire Trap because you can always plant another one each time one explodes. It's almost like Ctrl+clicking except your trap does splash damage. <_<

Not everyone has your ammount of slaves to beef up the damage. =P

#31 Kysiar

Kysiar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIn a house
  • Server:All of them

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

of course with a nerf like this you'll find a new way to kill off people xD plus the ability to cancel SF with Ruwach is great since you can use that opportunity to use a skill, if it ever does come to light you just have to throw the nerf back at itself! <_<

If not then just pain train people in pvp since thats been there since pre renewal xD

#32 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

Why are ppl so intent about killing people with SC? And the problem with SF isn't that Sight and Ruwarch removes it but ANY detection skill which includes the new 15x15 AoE ones!

#33 Kysiar

Kysiar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIn a house

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

re sf again cause those wide area detects dont last long lol

#34 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:30 PM

And nothing stops them from reusing the detection skills either. SF costs more SP and prevents you from using items while the detection skills costs almost no SO at all.

#35 Kysiar

Kysiar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIn a house

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:34 PM

well of course a smart person wouldn't keep doing that until they run out of sp, you just do that to either escape or buy time to think of a plan xD

#36 Kysiar

Kysiar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIn a house

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

lol would you rather have the masks like pre renewal full divest? xD

#37 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:31 AM

In order for complete balance to take place Chasers need to be nerfed as the current state of some of their skills are way to overpowered. QQ all you want about not wanting to be nerfed, but the nerf is coming so deal with it. I'm in total agreement that the SP cost should be doubled.

#38 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:42 AM

In order for complete balance to take place Chasers need to be nerfed as the current state of some of their skills are way to overpowered. QQ all you want about not wanting to be nerfed, but the nerf is coming so deal with it. I'm in total agreement that the SP cost should be doubled.

You're making a point,
however I dont see how it relates to Reproduce SP being doubled.
"We need balance, therefore unnecessary changes that do nothing about balance but piss off are needed"

#39 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:03 AM

All classes(except shura and genetic) are getting nerfed. So you people shouldnt be left out.

Next to Arc Bishops, GX becomes a great buff with this patch, not a nerf.

#40 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:09 AM

You're making a point,
however I dont see how it relates to Reproduce SP being doubled.
"We need balance, therefore unnecessary changes that do nothing about balance but piss off are needed"

Actually it does bring in balance as it forces shadow chasers wanting to do particular builds to get Int to supply the SP needed for them to use reproduced skills. Reproduced skills shouldn't be able to be spammed as they are presently the player should actually have to work for the build instead of being given the ability to SPAM SPAM SPAM skills.

#41 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:18 AM

Actually it does bring in balance as it forces shadow chasers wanting to do particular builds to get Int to supply the SP needed for them to use reproduced skills. Reproduced skills shouldn't be able to be spammed as they are presently the player should actually have to work for the build instead of being given the ability to SPAM SPAM SPAM skills.

What skills are you talking about? Severe Rainstorm?

And people, stop bringing up Fire Trap, when it's getting nerfed with the same patch that this is all about.

#42 Crabtipus

Crabtipus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:32 AM

What skills are you talking about? Severe Rainstorm?

And people, stop bringing up Fire Trap, when it's getting nerfed with the same patch that this is all about.

Even if it wasn't Fire Trap costs 10 SP, I'm pretty sure 20 wouldn't be a huge deal like a ~200 SP Severe Rainstorm.

#43 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:35 AM

You have to keep in mind that Fire Trap's damage is also getting nerfed, unless you're a Ranger. If Severe Rainstorm costs 200% more sp for Chasers, it'll simply mean that they'll have no other efficient option for leveling even if they were put into a party. Hell, their leveling speed would end up being as expensive as GX's if they have to resort to using SP items for a skill that deals mediocre damage all the time after the nerf.

#44 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:05 AM

guess SC will need to find a skill other than SR to lvl... since it seems the nerf really affects only SR Chasers....

#45 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:46 AM

Dude SR isn't the only skill whose SP doubles ALL skills get doubled. That means every single skill you copy will have doubled SP cost! SR is being used as an example because it is the most effective leveling tool after the Firing trap nerf. But even Ignition Break will cost 110 SP for <_< damage.

#46 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

i understand all skills are gettind double sp consumption, but the only real nerf would be for SR, since it originally uses 100sp...

in the case of Ignition break, i believe Chasers have a better SP pool than RK so it would be that much of a nerf % wise

#47 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • Server:bot infested

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:55 AM

I'm not happy with the balance patch cos its just nerf for SC.
If u look at this class there is no real skill that u can use to kill. SR requires 120 sp already so u suggest 240 sp for 1 SR.
Does that make any sense????
Also every class has 3 skills to kill atleast what does SC have... sightless mind???
Forget WL n Sorc but look at RG rapid smiting, OB, reflect; RK BB+IB, DB, SB; sura got Rampage, KA, LR....
What i mean to say is u cant use masquerade on MVP, 2x sp consumption so why not give an AoE exclusive to SC then i'd see some balance...
Until then ur just being stupid. Things r going so well with turn in, KP items r selling, ppl buying VIP...
Ragna was fun ppl were trying to lvl n u had to go ahead n screw it all up...well GL u just lost one potenial WPE buyer...soon many more

#48 cRoc

cRoc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:07 AM

not all classes are meant to be killers....

#49 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:10 AM

i understand all skills are gettind double sp consumption, but the only real nerf would be for SR, since it originally uses 100sp...

in the case of Ignition break, i believe Chasers have a better SP pool than RK so it would be that much of a nerf % wise

The Fire Trap formula change effectively nerfs it for Chasers and keeping it intact for Rangers.

#50 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

Severe Rainstorm is surely a bothering. After the SP nerf on Gypsy->Wanderer, we get a skill which blows 120 SP, making this worse. Stalkers also seem to have received a SP nerf.

Now, with a 240 SP Rainstorm, which chaser is sufficiently crazy to get it?

Chaser are better Firetrappers than Rangers AND better Rainstormers than Wanderers [Not better than maestros because of Windmill Rush]. Not. On. Damage.

In Rainstorm case in special. A chaser does not need to "wait" in the AOE until the rainstorm ends, they can just Backslide. [Note: Rainstorm ALWAYS poslag the wanderer, if she tries to move] Hiding / Stealth also seem to be good alternatives to not receive damage. This because I am not even talking of the higher HP pool. That's why a Chaser is better on rainstorms. They have mobility, better chances to evade and better chances to survive.

Double SP is too much for a chaser, but Rainstorm was always sick even for a class supposed to have high int to support [the performer classes]. So instead of nerfing the chaser's 2x SP, the skill Severe Rainstorm should have its SP cost reduced.

Also every class has 3 skills to kill atleast what does SC have... sightless mind???

Well, not "every" class.

A Wanderer has Severe Rainstorm... And... [Metallic Sound, a single-target crappy magic skill] And... [Great Echo, a skill that forces the wanderer to party another wanderer to use, requiring a catalyst] And... [Reverberation, a low damage skill with split damage, making impossible to mob]? The only AOE skill except Rainstorm that is RELIABLE to a Wanderer is Arrow Shower, and Double Strafe also counts. It's the same thing as trying to make a SC kill with ENVENOM.

Also. Why not getting a Ring of Flame Lord, activating Zen and using those Sura skills?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users