DJIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationAustralia, GC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

Well, i bought a +9 (1) CoD today thinking it would reduce my Maestro's Casting!! at least abit i had hoped, and its after cast delay. Though it seems to do the same speed and After cast even without me wearing the CoD. So my question would be Does the +9 CoD reduce Maestro's casting skills and aftercast delay? The skills in question are obviously these one :3

* SR- Severe Rainstorm

* AV Arrow Vulcan

* MS Music Strike

* TC Tarrot Card.

I have tested them all completely with and without my +9CoD and it seems to make no difference, Wondering if there is a Fixed Cast speed/after cast delay for these skills that perhaps i have already reached with my stats?

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

There are 6 types of delays;

Cast Delay: This is the green bar over your head. This is usually referred to as [Cast Time] or [Cast Speed]. Crown of Deceit mainly reduces this.
Aftercast Delay: This is the period after using a skill in which you cannot use any skills at all. This is usually referred by players or in-game items to as [Cast delay], [global delay], or [aftercast delay]. CoD has a small impact on this (I believe 5%).
Skill-Specific Delay: This was implemented on most 3rd job skills with renewal. Unlike aftercast delay, this delay only applies to the skill you just cast. Other skills can be activated during this period. This is usually referred to as [cooldown]. There is no way to reduce/eliminate this type of delay.

Motion Delay Type I: This one is pretty rare. Skills like 'Occult impaction' have this. basically its an alternative animation when you use the skill that is longer than normal. This animation can be canceled by walking. You cannot use another skill until this special animation is finished, so taking a step after using the skill allows you to cheat and cast faster. There is no way to reduce/eliminate this type of delay.
Motion Delay Type II: This one is pretty rare also. Sonic Blow and Arrow Vulcan have this. Basically its a string of attack animations, which effectively stop you from doing anything, just like the previous mo0tion delay type. This type, however, makes you immobile, thus you cannot cancel it with moving. There is no way to reduce/eliminate this type of delay.
Aspd delay: This is never referenced in-game. Basically after using a skill, there is a certain # of milliseconds of delay-- during this time, you can't use additional skills. this delay is influenced by your attack speed in game. If you have 187+ attack speed, you can send commands to the server every 250 milliseconds or so and they'll work. Otherwise, you might get throttled based on your character's speed limitation. Characters with their cast bar removed (-100% cast time) with 0 aftercast delay on skills will find they can either cast 2 times/sec at 150 aspd, or 4 time/sec at 187+ aspd (and in between accordingly). This is one of the more complex delays in the game and you'll often find people discussing AGI in their build or aspd buffs like impressive riff on wizard-classes for this reason.

Severe Rainstorm has both a 5 second cooldown and an aftercast delay. Because of the cooldown, reducing the aftercast delay does nothing to help you cast this skill any more often. CoD will lower the length of time the cast bar charges up some. Sacrament will as well.
* The majority of this skill's re-usability is throttled by the skill-specific cooldown.
* This skill forces you to do a non-displayed (wtf?) attack motion every time you damage one or more enemies in your AoE. Because of this, walking while damaging enemies with Severe Rainstorm is virtually impossible. Its not quite a motion delay though, as you can use skills during this time.

Arrow Vulcan has the type II motion delay (approx 2.8 seconds in length), so crown of deceit will not help you re-use this skill any faster than 2.8 seconds between uses. The CoD will lower your cast time which will help you a little. Sacrament will also lower your cast time a little.
* The majority of this skill's re-usability is throttled by the motion delay. Cast time used to be a major factor but iRO Gravity significantly reduced the cast time on this after we complained.

Melody Strike: CoD will reduce the cast time on this, but there is an unreasonably large amount of fixed cast time as well (can be reduced by sacrament). The delay for this skill is aspd-based. Getting more attack speed (aspd headgears, glorious ring accessories, etc., impressive riff, swing dance, aspd potions, and of course AGI) will allow you to use this skill more rapidly.
* The majority of this skill's re-usability is throttled by aspd delay and your green cast bar time. With Sacrament and high DEX, this should be quick to cast
** This skill is basically useless. With the fixed cast time it is VERY impractical to use. You're not going to have a bishop slave you sacrament just so you can do pathetic 250% damage hits when double strafe has 0 cast time and hits 380% damage. Do not put skill points in this beyond prerequisites.

Tarrot Card of Fate has an aftercast delay of 3 seconds. The CoD reduces this by, I think, 5% at +9. thats hardly noticible. Try expert rings (-5% delay) and the Battlegrounds armor set (-25% delay), or magic strings (bard skill) to reduce this noticibly. With magic strings from a high-int bard and a good amount of aspd, you can spam this skill pretty rapidly.
* The majority of this skill's re-usability is throttled by the global after-cast delay.

I hope this information helps you.

Edited by Jaye, 23 September 2011 - 06:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users