MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 September 2011 - 11:39 PM

Hi, I'm turning Warlock soon and I have some questions about their equipment! This is what I plan to use:

Headgear: +9 COD[1] (Will card it with a KK Card once I save enough zeny.)
Headgear: Well-chewed Pencil
Armor: +7 Orlean's Gown[+3DEX] (Question: Is a +3INT one better? I think a +3DEX one would be more versatile, no? Is it worth making to +7?)
Garment: +7 Strange Flame Manteau of Naght Sieger
Shield: +9 Valk Shield of Resistance (Question: Is Flame Skull Card better?)
Weapon: +8/+10 Kronos
Footgear: Variant Shoes
Accessory: Heal Bradium Earring
Accessory: Glorious Ring

Another thing, is +9 Skull Cap (with Thorn Staff Combo) better than +9 COD?

Please let me know about what you think of my gears and if there's anything I can do to improve it! Thank you in advance!

Edited by MotherOneDog, 17 September 2011 - 12:06 AM.

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:31 AM

Headgear: +9 Skull Cap of Caster (Kathryne Keyron)
Headger: Aria Elven Ears (Isilla)
Headgear: Ninja Scroll
Armor: +7 Panic Diabolus Robe [INT +3] (Agav)
Garment: +7 Immune Diabolus Manteau (Raydric)
Shield: +9 Orlean's Server of Anathema (Flame Skull)
Weapon: +10 Thorn Staff of Darkness
Footgear: +9 Superior Diabolus Boots (Firelock Soldier)
Accessory: Diabolus Ring Under a Cast (Phen)
Accessory: Nimble Orlean's Gloves

Without using MvP/God items, this one's the best for PvM because it utilizes a lot of set combos. :smooch:

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 17 September 2011 - 02:33 AM.

#3 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

Hey, Cerulean! Thanks for the quick response! I think I can see where you're coming from. If I use the Skull/Thorn Combo, I'm only losing out -10% Cast Time Reduction but with an Orlean's Set I can make up for that, right? Also, it gives me much more DEF rate (since I can equip shields). I have two questions about your suggestion, though.

1) Why do I need both a Phen and a Gown at the same time?

2) Why a Diabolus Ring? For that extra 100 HP/SP, I'd rather not trouble myself to find one, lol. I can understand the 15% Freeze Resistance but from what I know, I won't exactly get frozen a lot (at least during PvM, right?) And as for the +5% Heal Strength, if I don't have a Vitata Card, it'd be quite pointless, no? Unless you''re saying I should hotkey my Heal Clip, then okay, understood. Even so, to me the only positive I can see in a D.Ring is the Freeze Resistance (which I likely will not need). Wouldn't a Bradium Earring do better, since there's so much emphasis on a Warlock's MATK?

P.S. I'm kinda new to the Mage/Wiz scene so I might not know what I'm talking about! Forgive me for any mistakes in my thinking!

Edited by MotherOneDog, 17 September 2011 - 10:43 AM.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:50 PM

Hey, Cerulean! Thanks for the quick response! I think I can see where you're coming from. If I use the Skull/Thorn Combo, I'm only losing out -10% Cast Time Reduction but with an Orlean's Set I can make up for that, right? Also, it gives me much more DEF rate (since I can equip shields). I have two questions about your suggestion, though.

1) Why do I need both a Phen and a Gown at the same time?

2) Why a Diabolus Ring? For that extra 100 HP/SP, I'd rather not trouble myself to find one, lol. I can understand the 15% Freeze Resistance but from what I know, I won't exactly get frozen a lot (at least during PvM, right?) And as for the +5% Heal Strength, if I don't have a Vitata Card, it'd be quite pointless, no? Unless you''re saying I should hotkey my Heal Clip, then okay, understood. Even so, to me the only positive I can see in a D.Ring is the Freeze Resistance (which I likely will not need). Wouldn't a Bradium Earring do better, since there's so much emphasis on a Warlock's MATK?

P.S. I'm kinda new to the Mage/Wiz scene so I might not know what I'm talking about! Forgive me for any mistakes in my thinking!

1. You don't. It's one or the other. If you're willing to sacrifice 40 or so defense you get from Diabolus Robe or Valk Armor, go with Orleans if you want only 15% increase in variable casting time. Otherwise, having a Phen is better because that 25% increased variable casting in comparison to 15% from Orleans is not too significant, maybe quarter of a second or so depending on your DEX. You can wear better DEF armor if you use a Phen which helps in your survivability.

2. Set Bonus with Diabolus Robe, +3% MATK and you can use this with almost any caster character you are planning to make in the future. This setup works great with a Sorcerer as well.

Lastly, you want the most MATK as possible with a Warlock that's why you try to get as much as you can. Bradium Earring only gives 2% MATK. I'll take the 100 HP/SP on Diabolus Ring over the +1 INT and +1 DEX from Bradium Earring.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 17 September 2011 - 08:55 PM.

#5 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hi, I'm turning Warlock soon and I have some questions about their equipment! This is what I plan to use:

Headgear: +9 COD[1] (Will card it with a KK Card once I save enough zeny.)
Headgear: Well-chewed Pencil
Armor: +7 Orlean's Gown[+3DEX] (Question: Is a +3INT one better? I think a +3DEX one would be more versatile, no? Is it worth making to +7?)
Garment: +7 Strange Flame Manteau of Naght Sieger
Shield: +9 Valk Shield of Resistance (Question: Is Flame Skull Card better?)
Weapon: +8/+10 Kronos
Footgear: Variant Shoes
Accessory: Heal Bradium Earring
Accessory: Glorious Ring

Another thing, is +9 Skull Cap (with Thorn Staff Combo) better than +9 COD?

Please let me know about what you think of my gears and if there's anything I can do to improve it! Thank you in advance!

For 2 handed kronos is good if you need to amp and don't want to switch. Otherwise skull cap/thorny combo is superior.

Correct racial shield is better than a hodremlin shield. Flame Skull card is something i would put on if i had no suitable reduction shield. I'd prefer valk shield due to elemental resistances and it is more versatile for other classes. But that and price is something you need to decide for yourself.

Medal of honour is a good accessory too. Bradium earrings are good for tele/heal clip.

I personally prefer orleans gown as there is less cast time penalty but if you want less cooldown then use diab robes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users