Preserve bug. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Preserve bug.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jessarug

Jessarug

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:renewal - chaos

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

Whenever I use Preserve on my Stalker, it changes the floor to white and I can hardly see the portals. The only way to fix this is by logging off, changing maps does not help. Is there any way to fix this?

i just want to note: This is a brand new laptop, completely updated.

Edited by Jessarug, 21 September 2011 - 08:45 PM.

#2 DieNasty

DieNasty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1395 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:22 AM

Does it happen on every map? Try patching your game client and let us know how that goes.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

This is the lightmap bug. A fair number of people are having this problem whenever they do skills that make their char flash different colors. It's an interaction between the poorly written graphics engine RO is built on, and the shoddy implementations of directx 7 common on modern graphics cards (they're on to DX 11 now, so DX 7 is just an afterthought.

/lightmap will fix it until you get to restart client, but at the cost of making the graphics much uglier.

You can try shotgun debugging graphics settings (particularly first menu of RO setup) and/or upgrading/downgrading graphics drivers. Let us know if you make it stop, and what you did to make it stop, so I can tell other people with this problem.

#4 Jessarug

Jessarug

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:renewal - chaos

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:30 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. What I did was Right Click BOTH the Setup and the Ragnarok Online .exe and run them under compatibility mode Windows XP. The reason for doing it to the Setup was because if it wasn't under the same as the Ragnarok Online client, the settings from that would not apply to the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users