15 replies to this topic

#1 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

Taken from the Twin Fighters forum section and wanted to put this here as well.

This class would be more enjoyable if it wasn't so buggy it kicks you out of the game. I made a compilation video of the past two days of pvp'ing and using these skills and I haven't gone one match without crashing. I wouldn't suggest anyone who wants to pvp to spend money on a Twin Fighter yet since our moves are not fully translated and kicks us out of the pvp arena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiW1d_wRBy4

#2 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

Are we certain this is an issue with the class and not just a few players' clients being bugged or corrupt? I only ask because I've seen PvP videos of Twin Fighters/Jumeaux from our server where they don't seem to encounter this issue.

#3 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

I was thinking maybe I was "special" so I downloaded the new client and installed it. Again this happened so I went to my school's campus and downloaded it again and installed it and still I get the same result. If it's something that only happens to a handful of people (i've encountered a few that also experienced this), then I hope Warpportal knows what we're doing wrong and can show us the right way to rectify this problem. It's such a fun class too that I hope I don't have to quit using Posted Image

I don't think a few players (espeically rebellion) want me to go back to my Dragoon =P

Edited by necoconeco, 22 September 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

the two other Fighters I've pvped didn't have problems with crashing when they pvped me.

#5 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

Are they using skills from the controllable Twin? The people who also have this problem noticed it comes from using skills from the main twin and my video shows it's consistent with the following skills:

Ghost Fighter
Roar of Lion
Power Fist
Bunker Buster

#6 manifuelt

manifuelt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:06 PM

i dont have a ghost fighter skill, but i have those other 3, does the skill have to be used in a particular order? because i never experienced this.

#7 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:12 PM

IIrc ody you used ghost fighter on me a couple times and didn't crash

#8 wizard898

wizard898

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

It happens to me all the time...

#9 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

Okay, after playing quite a few matches with Ody/neco, it's obvious that there's some kind of issue here. About once every other match, everyone who was on her twin fighter's team -- and I do mean everyone -- would DC/crash at the same time. I don't know if this is related to a particular skill or not, but something strange is going on with this class in PvP.

Also, I was mistaken, those earlier videos I saw were some Ody/neco had posted of another 1v1 match, not some other twin fighter. I hadn't checked it closely enough to realize, my bad.

#10 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Here are some observations off the top of my head. This has happened since a patch or two ago. While not 100%, this happens pretty frequently in pvp when the main twin skills are being used, not the twin skill. I already sent in a ticket but I would like to say that some of the skills coming from the main twin are detrimental to the way it can be played in pvp. I have never encountered this kind of error from using any other class skills in pvp so this may have to do with controlling two characters as one in pvp?

#11 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:41 AM

Okay, after playing quite a few matches with Ody/neco, it's obvious that there's some kind of issue here. About once every other match, everyone who was on her twin fighter's team -- and I do mean everyone -- would DC/crash at the same time. I don't know if this is related to a particular skill or not, but something strange is going on with this class in PvP.

I can vouch for that as well

#12 Junoya

Junoya

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:47 AM

So I made a fighter and decided to start pvping with it and first match I get abnormal client status. So I'm like ok cool I'll just try again. Next day I pvp I get it three more times. Now I've never experienced this on any other of my classes, just this new one. So what's really up?

#13 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

Here are some observations off the top of my head. This has happened since a patch or two ago. While not 100%, this happens pretty frequently in pvp when the main twin skills are being used, not the twin skill. I already sent in a ticket but I would like to say that some of the skills coming from the main twin are detrimental to the way it can be played in pvp. I have never encountered this kind of error from using any other class skills in pvp so this may have to do with controlling two characters as one in pvp?

I was thinking... Maybe it's related to the buff skills Fighters can use that affect party members? Would need to test this further. I'm thinking that maybe it's related to the revive buff skill and having that buff active at the end of a round.

Also, here's another observation: Most times I crashed, it wouldn't do it during a round or in the middle of a round, for the most part. Most times, it happened just as the next round was beginning (during the countdown before the match begins) -- my client would just freeze up and I'd have to close the game and restart it. Which is also why I'm thinking maybe the revive buff (or some other fighter buff) is causing a crash when the buff doesn't expire before the end of the round.

Just a theory, of course.

#14 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

I uploaded a new video that happened just this morning and here's what to look for when I use the main twin skill, Power Fist. Power Fist misses, nothing happens. The moment Power Fist connects the game crashes. This happens only on the main twin attack skills and not the assist twin skill as my various other videos shows me using only those skills to attack. Also, I can use the main twin skills in pve to my heart's content without crashing. This happens only in pvp.

As for the group crashes....that could be it as reviving in pvp has never been done before....I'll conduct more tests on that.

Edited by necoconeco, 26 September 2011 - 10:16 AM.

#15 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:31 PM

Added this issue to the New Origin bug list.

#16 Nolanvoid

Nolanvoid

Nolan Smash!

• Retired
  • 2024 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

It's been reported. Thank you for the information. If you get a chance, let me know when we can do a few run throughs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users