#1 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

Just a quick question on how gum works: Is the person who hits the monster/MVP last the one who determines the drops or is it the person who does the most damage? I keep getting mixed answers on this, and I'd like to know who to give gum to when I am MVPing. =P

#2 Shane

Shane

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

Last hit.

#3 Venruki

Venruki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

Most damage, and only counts if player is alive.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

Last hit.

This. Just to play it safe, make sure you have a Senser (Warlock/Observer headgear) to check the HP of the MvP and have the main damage dealer Gum before landing the killing blow.

#5 brothersfree

brothersfree

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 482 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

pretty sure its most damage, and if the player is alive.

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=33708

#6 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:07 PM

It's whoever has loot priority.

HOWEVER:

If the player that has loot priority has died or left the map, they MUST hit the monster at least one more time before it dies or the Gum will not proc.

#7 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

also, if you land the last hit with the mvp also landing the last hit on you (eg you fist an mvp and it double ko's you with its skill at the same time), gum won't proc. so its also important you don't die landing the last hit

#8 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

also, if you land the last hit with the mvp also landing the last hit on you (eg you fist an mvp and it double ko's you with its skill at the same time), gum won't proc. so its also important you don't die landing the last hit

This is an odd situation... Sometimes it decides that you win, sometimes it decides you lose. If you get MVP it probably means you still have loot priority and gum will have procced, but if you don't it means you hit the MVP after it killed you and MVP / loot will go to someone else.

#9 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:58 PM

happens occasionally when you go solo and you try to jew ales for healing hp at the last moment. i've never gotten the mvp sign this way - pretty highly sure even if i land the last hit first before dying. so atm id rather pot an ale just to avoid that

#10 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:05 PM

@Ralis about the loot priority part..
lets say you are trying to kill something which has a 20% drop rate of an item. The tanker is not vip and is not on gum and is lexing the mvp, but the killer is vip+ he gum+ double drop. and the mvp is still being tanked while the last hit is being made. how does this work?

Some how i found in most cases the item does not drop

#11 Venruki

Venruki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

@Ralis about the loot priority part..
lets say you are trying to kill something which has a 20% drop rate of an item. The tanker is not vip and is not on gum and is lexing the mvp, but the killer is vip+ he gum+ double drop. and the mvp is still being tanked while the last hit is being made. how does this work?

Some how i found in most cases the item does not drop

What does it matter if someone else is tanking it if the killer didn't die? If the killer died then the tanker would have loot priority and no vip/gum is counted.

Also If you didn't know how HE gum works, it just gives you 2 extra chances for the item to drop. Think of it like trying to get from +6 to +7 equip, with 2 upgrade certificates, so you have 3 chances total. So it's still very possible(with bad luck) for a 50% drop rate to not drop with HE gum.

#12 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:21 PM

Alright, so it is the person who has loot priority. Cool. Thanks a lot. Now I know who to give my gum to. ;P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users