Old player - Coming back, few questions - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Old player - Coming back, few questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Scatterbrain

Scatterbrain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:26 AM

So I use to play this game... back when baphomet was the size of your screen, and just raped everyone. Tried it a few times on and off since then, but not since there have been these third classes? Anyways, I'll have to read all the renewal changes, but had a few questions regarding vip status and servers. Soo as far as I've seen, Valk is out, cause its just riddled with bots. As far as I've read... ygg is a dead server? So ymir should be a good choice? I couldnt find any recent topics regarding this, so forgive me if the info is out there somewhere. I dont mind paying a little to start off on ymir.... but does everyone continue to pay for vip status? If someone could just clarify some of the server differences, I'd appreciate it. Also does anyone have a rough population number for each server?

I was also wondering whats its like starting new again. I dont have anyone who wants to start playing, so I would have to solo early on, and I know from pservers that it can be impossible to make money and gear up early, as everything is horribly inflated, and the market is so old. I'll figure out all the new class info myself, but if someone could possibly suggest a diverse class they enjoy playing, that could help too. I love all aspects of the game, and would like to participate in everything, whether or not I'll be good at it... its all about enjoying playing right? I mean yea I could just combo and gfist everything....but I mean I could also beat myself with a lead pipe repeatedly... both seem about equally entertaining... (personal opinion, dont cry children)

Either way, havent played iRO since lutie pvp was tested, so happy to be back... maybe, and look foward to playing with some mature people, hopefully its still not just a bunch of little kids demanding healz plz! (this was sort of rant too I guess.... apologies)

#2 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:33 AM

Welcome back. =)

You can see the population when you log on and go to choose a server. You just have to remember 50% of Valk and Ygg are bots. =/

You only have to pay one time for Ymir, after that it's your choice to keep paying or not. It is a lot easier to start new these days with Eden Group and such. Good starting gear, quests to help you level quickly, etc., so you'll be fine.

#3 Scatterbrain

Scatterbrain

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:37 AM

hrmm eden group.... havent heard much about it.. seems like a questing zone though.. Worth taking a look at though.

#4 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

There is also Overlook Dungeon as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users