Returning Player here - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning Player here

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Firewing

Firewing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hey guys =) I used to play Ragnarok like 7 years ago... when it was introduced in India ... I'm thinking of starting to play again so before i download the file i wanted to know a few things.

1)Is Ragnarok Online still F2P?
2)I saw some server thats F2P or it said it was.... is there a month trial on that server or something? or forever F2P?
3)Is this the same RO i used to play with the hunter class, crusader class , pink bubble like mobs south of the main city? with an island with the skull under which there were these jelly fishes type mobs?
4)Which class should i start with just to know and explore the game? (ill make more with time) (ive played knight , assassin and hunter so im good at those)
5)Is there a bittorrent link to download the client? the one on the site doesnt open for me.
6) Would there be anyone willing to help me in the game? (not with gold and stuff... just knowledge)

Thanks!
~Firewing

#2 FrostYaLikeACake

FrostYaLikeACake

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

3)Is this the same RO i used to play with the hunter class, crusader class , pink bubble like mobs south of the main city? with an island with the skull under which there were these jelly fishes type mobs?

Thanks!
~Firewing

a simpler question would have been.
3) Is this the same RO i used to play? Does the game suck?
which the answer would have been Yes
:blink:

#3 Firewing

Firewing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

a simpler question would have been.
3) Is this the same RO i used to play? Does the game suck?
which the answer would have been Yes
:blink:

If this was like the original RO then I dont think it really sucks... I liked it alot in the old days

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:41 PM

Yeah, best NOT to listen to trolls whose main goal is to mindlessly bash games they don't want people playing. :blink:

1)Is Ragnarok Online still F2P?

RO has pay-to-play servers (Ymir, Sakray, Yggdrasil) and one free-to-play server (Valkyrie). When downloading the client, the installation WILL NOT make a shortcut to Valkyrie so you'll have to do it yourself. The file you're looking for is either Valkyrie.exe or RagnarokFree.exe (either one will work).

2)I saw some server thats F2P or it said it was.... is there a month trial on that server or something? or forever F2P?

Valkyrie server is permanently free-to-play. Free trials were abolished when Valkyrie opened in 2008.

Bayalan Island and several other dungeons have different spawns from the beta days. Some have had high-level aggro monster added to them to combat botting. South Prontera is still dead-branched from time to time, although it's a LOT more frequent on Valkyrie. We're going to get Renewal implemented on the servers within the year so you might not want to get too comfortable with characters you create now. You can use the forum search to look up Renewal threads for more information.

4)Which class should i start with just to know and explore the game? (ill make more with time) (ive played knight , assassin and hunter so im good at those)

Assassin would be good since you can use Cloak to explore places a lot more easily. Just note that you can only create 9 characters per server so choose wisely.

5)Is there a bittorrent link to download the client? the one on the site doesnt open for me.

The only torrent currently available is via the iRO site. The iRO Wiki does mirror the client and patches if you need help.

http://irowiki.org/w...nts_and_Patches

Also, highly recommend using Download Manager if you can't download all in one sitting.

6) Would there be anyone willing to help me in the game? (not with gold and stuff... just knowledge)

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/1696-official-welcoming-committee/

You can also check out the various sections in Class Discussion for tips on character building.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 29 August 2010 - 08:42 PM.

#5 Firewing

Firewing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:16 AM

We're going to get Renewal implemented on the servers within the year so you might not want to get too comfortable with characters you create now. You can use the forum search to look up Renewal threads for more information.

Can you link me to a specific post that says wht is it? Tried searching it and to me it sounds that the server will be started once again from afresh?

and Thanks alot for the answers to the other questions =)

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 30 August 2010 - 07:31 AM

Can you link me to a specific post that says wht is it? Tried searching it and to me it sounds that the server will be started once again from afresh?

and Thanks alot for the answers to the other questions =)

Renewal is basically a rehash of Ragnarok Online in terms of game mechanics. (Basically a reworking of RO as a whole.) Lots of things are going to change, such as being able to get into the game with the 1st class character of your choice (no more job change quests for 1st classes), better quests that reward decent gear, not just EXP, and the implementation of 3rd class jobs.

Here are the bigger threads on the subject:

http://forums.warppo...tes-talks-here/
http://forums.warppo...enewal-and-you/
http://forums.warppo...hts-on-renewal/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users