Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:19 AM

In a particular other game that shall not be named, a recent update added something called "Void Storage" in which you are able to store items or gear that you don't want, but don't necessarily want to throw away. It's essentially another storage bank. Is this maybe something we could implement as a VIP service, or maybe something we can purchase? I have a lot of items and gear in my storage that I'd rather not get rid of, and I don't really want to put it on alt merchants or anything. Both of my accounts have their storages at 600/600 and I have two carts full of 100/100.

I suggest the ability to rent a safe at the Kafra Headquarters building in Aldebaran. We would be able to go there and store items that we simply do not have the room for, unclogging our 300/300 or 600/600 storages without causing excessive littering on Prontera streets.

#2 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

Technically we already have "void storage" as we can put something in our storage one one character and pull it out with another. Can't do that in "the game that shall not be named" unless you make your own personal guild and use a guild bank - which would require all your characters to be part of that guild...

Yeah, RO pretty much had them beat long ago on that. And, to top it off, you don't get 300 slots of storage in that other game, either.

#3 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:26 AM

Pretty sure they don't care if you say WoW. Tons of online games borrow ideas from Blizzard, but I don't really think they would implement this.

#4 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:47 AM

Is there a guild bank on iRO? I'm almost certain not, but something like that would be adequate for storing a bunch of stuff across all storages on all accounts owned by one person.

#5 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:55 PM

Actually, the guild storage yes, is shared among all the members of a guild. Unfortunately, the only [known] way to use it is by the WOE castle kafras.

So it means you need to conquer a castle in your main to be able to use guild storage in all the alts. For one week.

And in all the cases, you can always create a cart merchant for those needs. Only go until pushcart 1, then you get 100 extra item slots on the minecart. [I am not even counting the 100 slots the merchant can carry naturally, so it makes 200]

Edited by asayuu, 02 October 2011 - 05:57 PM.

#6 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:12 AM

Actually, the guild storage yes, is shared among all the members of a guild. Unfortunately, the only [known] way to use it is by the WOE castle kafras.

So it means you need to conquer a castle in your main to be able to use guild storage in all the alts. For one week.

And in all the cases, you can always create a cart merchant for those needs. Only go until pushcart 1, then you get 100 extra item slots on the minecart. [I am not even counting the 100 slots the merchant can carry naturally, so it makes 200]

I'm pretty sure with renewal the guild storage got taken out as my mains guild has had a kafra in castle before and guild storage was not accessible from the kafra.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

Wish we have banks in RO ran by Kafra. Imagine how much zeny will be disposed of if they charged 0.5%-1% for every deposit.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 03 October 2011 - 02:47 AM.

#8 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

BANK$. . .

#9 Gabe22400

Gabe22400

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

You also realize that void storage does not store all types of items. It cost a huge amount (of gold) just to open a void storage, and it also cost a fair bit of gold to deposit/withdraw from the storage. Lastly void storage was never meant to be a second bank. :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users