• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 wishbone01

wishbone01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:19 AM

HELLO!!! can anyone tell me which is a better weapon for GX?
S.Jur or Durga??? for WOE and MVP...

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

Wild Beast Claw with Mobster or The Paper for PvM/MvP

Glorious Jamadhar (critical build) or Glorious Bloody Roar (double attack build) for WoE/PvP

#3 wishbone01

wishbone01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:54 AM

does the effect of Wild Beast Claw affect Boss monsters???

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:10 PM

does the effect of Wild Beast Claw affect Boss monsters???

No because Bosses are immune to status effects obviously. It has higher attack than Durga at higher upgrades. The critical wound effect is just a bonus for general PvM use.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 04 October 2011 - 09:43 AM.

#5 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:18 AM

Just what + is Wild Beast Claw have higher attack than Durga? Did you factor str giving 0.5% bonus to weapon?
If anyone bother to refine a lvl 4 weapon to +9, you better just get and default +9 glorious Jamadhar for the aspd and 20% crit.

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

I'm not sure if STR affects weapon attack attained from refinements, so my math could be wrong...

@ +9 refinement counting only the ATK bonus from upgrading:

Wild Beast Claw = 160 + 7 +7 +7 +7 +14 +14 +14 +14 +14 = 258 ATK
Durga = 190 + 5 +5 +5 +5 +5 +8 +8 +8 +8 = 247 ATK

Wild Beast Claw is a good swap weapon to inflict Fatal Wound so people's heals and recov items are 20% less effective. I personally use Glorious Bloody Roar since it will be stronger with the Sabbath set coming out on 14.1

Also, at +9, Wild Beast Claw inflicts level 2 fatal wound which is 40% less healing.

#7 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 10:45 AM

str add only base weapon. and the thing about +9 a lvl 4 weapon is, really expensive.

#8 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

Hmmm, so STR included, if you have 100 STR, u get 50% more attack for a weapon

Durga gets about 95 more while WBC only gets 80. Hmm... at +9, that only makes Durga 4 point ATK greater than WBC

#9 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

yeah and i wouldnt waste my zeny, time and effort to +9 a lvl 4 weapon such as wild beast claw.

#10 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Durga. A Specialty Jur isn't a very strong weapon even if you managed to get it to +20.

#11 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

For WoE I use a Glorious Jamadhar, but recently you don't need to +9 it if you don't wanna blow a ton of KP & money on it. A +7 Drooping Alicel pretty much gives the same effect, assuming your regular aspd is high enough. Mine usually sits at 184, but when the hat procs (and it does, often) it jumps to 193. And it also provides +10% damage vs demihuman, which is a nice bonus on top of that.

Edited by Akami, 06 October 2011 - 08:42 PM.

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:40 PM

For WoE I use a Glorious Jamadhar, but recently you don't need to +9 it if you don't wanna blow a ton of KP & money on it. A +7 Drooping Alicel pretty much gives the same effect, assuming your regular aspd is high enough. Mine usually sits at 184, but when the hat procs (and it does, often) it jumps to 193. And it also provides +10% damage vs demihuman, which is a nice bonus on top of that.

I wouldn't sacrifice LFH +7 for Alicel when killing enemy players though. With Glorious, your criticals are almost double damage with Little Feather Hat +7.

Alicel's mostly for defense imo, but if you have a Cat Beret, stick to that one.

For Emp Breaking, Snake Hat/Chick Hat is obviously the clear winner because of double attack.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 06 October 2011 - 09:41 PM.

#13 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

i would have weapons accordingly to where you hunt. if its edp rolling build, u'd like to have highest atk weapon. so +9 druga with zipper bear or something like that. if you'd like to use counter slash, i'd suggest you to have double sword with proper carding. like if u were to hunt at scaraba. i'd suggest you to have twin sword(fire) with triple caramel carded. and ice pick or double size/double caramel carded MG or something like that. upgraded twin sword would help a lot. if your looking for crit weap, i'd suggest +9 durga with mobster carded, or the paper(preferred). or u can also use +9 kvm katar(crit one) and go bio or something.

#14 stemah

stemah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:00 AM

i agree with durga specialy if its +9, but not with zipper bear card and the paper card, since it eats your sp.. use hillslion card or mobster card for crits, OR if your gonna use the paper card go for the card set, you can also try lower upgraded durga and go save some kvm points. glorious jamadhar for leveling and glo bloody roar for pvp/woe, actually you can also use the glo bloody roar for leveling when you get it to +9 coz of the chance for max atk speed. i havent tried specialty jur yet, maybe if you put on 4 hunter fly cards and then go rolling your way up to lvl 150 like rangers and some scs do lol xD

#15 stemah

stemah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:09 AM

i agree with durga specialy if its +9, but not with zipper bear card and the paper card, since it eats your sp.. use hillslion card or mobster card for crits, OR if your gonna use the paper card go for the card set, you can also try lower upgraded durga and go save some kvm points. glorious jamadhar for leveling and glo bloody roar for pvp/woe, actually you can also use the glo bloody roar for leveling when you get it to +9 coz of the chance for max atk speed. i havent tried specialty jur yet, maybe if you put on 4 hunter fly cards and then go rolling your way up to lvl 150 like rangers and some scs do lol xD

LEMME ADD SOMETHING: little feather hat IS the best hat for CRIT sins in terms of damage(do not forget to equip sharp arrow/s)! trust me i tried bapho horns, +7drooping alicel, +9 mercury riser, etc. nothing beats +7 lil feather hat.. NOTHING!! if its a batman hat that throws bat shuriken at the enemy then YES!

#16 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

Glorious Jamadhar is better than Bloody Roar if you're a pure crit sin. If you're a hybrid double attack, Bloody Roar is better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users