• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 pedobait

pedobait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

The upcoming update got me a little interested so I reinstalled the game. I'm also rethinking the way I will be playing my Druid so I could use some opinions from other Druids, all 5 of you guys lol.

What my build may look like is:
1st Job:
Stuns to 5
Hydrochloric to 5 (for contribution)
AE and RS to 1 (spammy goodness)
Wave of Healing max
Purification to 1

2nd job (xeno form):
Bugs to 5
Approach max
Armor Mastery and Promise to 1
Telekinesis and Robbing max (for harder hitting spam skills)
Cry of Will max

Inferno (decided to skip tanking):
Inferno, Double, Swift Arm, Advance maxed
Strom Slash to 5

(The skill calculators are gone so I may be +/- some points)

My play style is Inferno for grinding and Xeno form for pvp, I almost never pop Inferno for pvp.

I'm a little iffy about maxing telekinesis and double slash but since I'm skipping doomguard I have points to spend somehwere else. Some People have advised I take wastewater or vines but I've never tried those skills before, they don't seem too worth it to me but I could be wrong. Someone also said I should put more points into the defense skills.

For DNA I'm leaning towards maxed Approach and Cry of Will, all the defense stuff to 6 and left overs I havent decided on yet.

If any of you big brother or sister Druid players run across this post please feel free to drop your 2 cents.

#2 Denes

Denes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:46 PM

i would made a DRUID too now at lvl 50 whith BM, and i need help

PLS some1 post an ordanari guild to made a druid!

#3 INeedANewName

INeedANewName

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:43 AM

i would put more in stuns and as much as you need in def buffs to get 2.7k def+ 750for pvp if possible

damn, looks like kruxena.com is down, so no skill calc

oh and screw telekinesis, leave it on 1

Edited by INeedANewName, 05 October 2011 - 02:44 AM.

#4 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:15 AM

Yes what INeedANewName said LOL
and make stuns 10 make armor mastery 10 storm slash 8
etc blah blah doomguard stun is good

no I'm not making a guide, if you want one then use XRay's old guide on the Error06(.com) forums

Edited by Syre, 05 October 2011 - 03:17 AM.

#5 INeedANewName

INeedANewName

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:22 AM

agreed with syre. also in doom you can just run through 1+ Terms of Service, smile and smack the defi in the face with stun XDD
they rly like when u do that.

#6 Shottator

Shottator

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:39 AM

Doomguard 1 point and 1 point on doom self heAL

#7 pedobait

pedobait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:14 AM

Hmmm, I recall my stuns being fairly reliable at 5. But then again that was mostly from playing on my elem. If my stuns failed on my Druid I would usually just scoot my ass to safety lol. But I'll drop telekinesis to 1 and spread the points across the stuns.

I kind of like double slash though for when I'm grinding. If I were to increase my def I would have to pull points from here. I'll have to think about that for awhile. I'll just play for a bit to get the hang of the game again.

Putting a point in Doom makes sense but the heal I don't understand, its so low. I don't really see how that would be very useful. I probly won't be taking the doom stun though, will need to see how I handle myself and tweak my build later maybe.

And yes Xray's old guide was great, read it like 10 times while leveling my Druid. I'm not sure where it is now but you should find it.

#8 INeedANewName

INeedANewName

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

doom heal is bull-_-, but i use double slash and bleeding both lvl1 in pvp to skip the stupid AA begin lag or however its called.

#9 codoncio

codoncio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

u like skill spammer so better ask annoyer ditto or severed, mi build is AA so is a BIT different my playing mode, and better wait since they will change some skills, the builds will change a bit or a lot xD

#10 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

What my build may look like is:
1st Job:
Stuns to 5[Max them.]
Hydrochloric to 5 (for contribution)[You can max cont easily without needing these DoTs]
AE and RS to 1 (spammy goodness)
Wave of Healing max[No, the heal doesn't change much]
Purification to 1
2nd job (xeno form):
Bugs to 5 [Useful, but I don't run it anymore, but good for taking range extension off Rangers and SRs]
Approach max
Armor Mastery and Promise to 1 [Try to put more points into Armor Mastery if you can, PoT 1 is fine]
Telekinesis and Robbing max (for harder hitting spam skills)[RT is fine at one.]
Cry of Will max[Your choice, I personally don't like it because I maxed my Doomguard stuns, now with a level one doomguard and 5 into taunt and HP buff.]

Inferno (decided to skip tanking):
Inferno, Double, Swift Arm, Advance maxed [Inferno maxed yes, Double and Bleeding at one, Swift can be left at 4 depending on weapon if I recall, and advanced is an obvious max.]
Strom Slash to 5[Max this.]

Corrections are bolded in the brackets.
Anyway, you need to make sure you're at capped def and even higher buffed, but for PvP it's also good to invest as much as you can into the Armor Mastery skill and DNA, which I've talked a lot with Severed about, because you're basically food for CAD users unbuffed if not near 2k defense. No matter what amount of CON/HP you'll get, a great geared sin can finish you off if you don't have much defense unbuffed since CAD is factored by defense. As I said the heal maxed is unnecessary, you'll get around the same from level one because of your lack of magic damage. Doomguard is necessary for PvP, at one at least(Though I ran it at 5 before, but put more points into armor mastery instead). Since you're skill spam you should probably read Severed's guide about knuckles and other weapons, though if you can aim for the 85 CON based ones(which he hasn't covered YET because he's a far more lazier Druid than me); perfect versions of course. As for armor; your options are really only Pride, ugly 79 set CON based, and uglier 85 set CON based. If you have questions about gear just PM me.

Anyway my build looks something like this (I'm not going to WRITE everything out so I'll just list it in terms of points put into them)

1 point - LCT, LCS, DG, WoH, WoP, RS, AE, RT, PoT (and all the obvious fillers and spam skills)
4 points - Swift Arm
6 points - Armor Mastery
7 - Doomguard Stun
Maxed for the level - IA, FCS, Inferno, RW, Storm Slash, DG Taunt and HP

DNA should be obvious, I hope :x

In my opinion as good as RayRay's guide is, it's highly outdated in terms of weapon choices, jewel choices, and armor setups(especially because of my experience of experimenting with armor).
I mean the only really new thing about Druid is saving 2 points for that Lith we get at new cap. (And what ever possible nerfs we may get to our other skills, which I won't go into until it's actually patched in game).

This was way too much typing ._____.

Edited by Viole, 05 October 2011 - 09:03 PM.

#11 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

This was way too much typing ._____.

Yes! You're supposed to be a lazy druid, like all other druids!

#12 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 05 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

Yes! You're supposed to be a lazy druid, like all other druids!

Such strong words of encouragement from the one that makes me to cook for her! .____.
Maybe I won't make anything except rice now!

Edited by Viole, 05 October 2011 - 09:09 PM.

#13 pedobait

pedobait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

Isn't Promise of Trust a higher yield than Armor Mastery? I'm not too sure but I remember it being more def per point.

#14 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:41 AM

It's more yield, but you'll have 5 points into RW, PoT, the thing is, when those buffs are kicked on average with a level 1 armor mastery you'd have say at best 700 defense, or 900 defense, you don't want to compensate with enchanting 10/10s into your armor for lost unbuffed defense.
I can tell you now that the difference between say Sevvy who has a lot of def unbuffed and another who doesn't makes up for a lot when I scud him on my sin, where as the other dies instantly because of the lack of defense, even though they have nice gear. Though, it isn't to say that he does die in scud time, if not HT time too, but that's more of a current CON limitation imposed by his current weapon which I won't get in to.

Your DNA would look like 5 PoT, 5 RW, 5 Dash, the rest into armor mastery for the unbuffed DNA bonus, which over all isn't bad, you should be reaching well over cap defense, and when and if we get the DNA expansions you should have over cap + another 750 to negative -750s quite easily.

#15 otinane

otinane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:14 AM

what excactly will change for dru at the new patch?? sev or ray pm on forum or in game if u got time mb ^^.

#16 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:18 AM

what excactly will change for dru at the new patch?? sev or ray pm on forum or in game if u got time mb ^^.

Look at your Lvl 85 armor. Isn't it cute?

Posted Image

#17 otinane

otinane

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1443 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:18 AM

:waddle: off loy

#18 INeedANewName

INeedANewName

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

why dont you read for yourself soon http://forums.warppo...575#entry591694

#19 pedobait

pedobait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:07 AM

The helm is gross!

#20 INeedANewName

INeedANewName

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:10 AM

The helm is gross!

looks like a traditional korean dickhead costume

#21 pedobait

pedobait

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:04 AM

Damn i just read the update info for druids.

Looks like this post is going out the window and i have to rethink the whole thing all over again lol

#22 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

Sev gets all his information from me :waddle:
Until today he was clueless!

#23 codoncio

codoncio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:22 PM

Go aa build

#24 codoncio

codoncio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

Go aa build

#25 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

autoattack build still sucks
and I like the look of the new armor

Edited by Syre, 07 October 2011 - 01:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users