Can't start the game! Help please! - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't start the game! Help please!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 darkdemon2

darkdemon2

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

As I stated, I can't make it work. After correctly patching the game in the launcher screen and trying to start the game, I get an error window saying "Cannot init d3d OR grf file has problem"!

Can anyone give me some hint about this?

Thanks a lot =D

Gonza.

#2 darkdemon2

darkdemon2

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

Please, no one?

#3 darkdemon2

darkdemon2

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

I've tried the guide, but still doesn't work!

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

Please try the things described here, and if they don't work, tell us where you're having problems:

http://forums.warppo...raphics-issues/

Most important thing - is there an option available in both of the top two menus in the RO setup program?

#5 darkdemon2

darkdemon2

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:27 AM

Please try the things described here, and if they don't work, tell us where you're having problems:

http://forums.warppo...raphics-issues/

Most important thing - is there an option available in both of the top two menus in the RO setup program?

I've tried everything in there, the two primal options in setup are not displaying obviously. I followed the ATI stuff you posted also, but my model is ATI Radeon HD 5450 and can't seem to find the Crossfire to cancel it. I believe it doesnt have one.
I have also direct x 11 installed and running ok.

#6 darkdemon2

darkdemon2

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:31 AM

Btw, I've reinstaled latest drivers yesterday and still won't work. Not even running in other compatibility modes. Those two damn options just keep showing blank spaces XD

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

Have you checked that there really aren't any options on those menus? If you fix the problem, and then run setup, it will still have a blank option selected, until you click the menu to see the list of options.

I'd say, Uninstall and reinstall both directx and graphics drivers... If there's no option there, RO is being told by your computer that there aren't any available rendering modes. There is no reason that card shouldn't work, and even if crossfire is enabled, it will give options on those first two menus (RO won't work right, but it'll show you the options). So we're down to shotgun debugging your graphics setup, leading me to recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the related components. Also, try using both the drivers from ATI themselves, and the drivers from the manufacturer of your graphics card (ATI and NVidia manufacture graphics chipsets, but they don't actually manufacture many of the cards - other companies do that, and some of them have their own customized drivers).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users