PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

I like the idea of a weapon that grows with the character. I am also curious as to whether these are able to be upgraded. Also, not happy about them being character-bound. Account-bound would be fine, but 400 pts. for a character-bound item that's only good through level 100ish is a bit much. I'd be more inclined to purchase if they were 200-300 pts each or (preferably) account-bound so multiple characters could use them. That would be ideal! Thanks Cal <_<

#27 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Server:Draco

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

I am also curious as to whether these are able to be upgraded

They told me the following. No it can't be refined, upgraded, hardened, or darkened. They are equal to refined level 10 weapons that is for the level of your character would use at the time.

Sounds good to me. Personally, I buy level 20 then, 50 then level 80, then go to luna and get level 100+. Each time spending 15m-20m to refine each to level 10+. So, I end up spending a lot just to refine the weapons. *but* the bad thing is we can level to 100 in 1 or 2 days if you have a support cleric or a champ that can use a AOE.

Edited by onicdesigns, 13 October 2011 - 06:07 PM.

#28 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

not giftable btw <_<

#29 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:25 PM

They told me the following. No it can't be refined, upgraded, hardened, or darkened. They are equal to refined level 10 weapons that is for the level of your character would use at the time.

Sounds good to me. Personally, I buy level 20 then, 50 then level 80, then go to luna and get level 100+. Each time spending 15m-20m to refine each to level 10+. So, I end up spending a lot just to refine the weapons. *but* the bad thing is we can level to 100 in 1 or 2 days if you have a support cleric or a champ that can use a AOE.

Thanks for information! I like the idea of a weapon that levels with the character, but I have a weapon crafter/hardener and usually use the most powerful unique weapons up to just past 100, when the hardened weapons refined to (9) or so have more AP than the unique at (10) or so. I reuse these same weapons on different characters for farming (usually a mage or a gun bourg, so I have all the gear and weapons ready to go), and it works out nicely. I also have an armor crafter/reinforcer so I have the sets starting at about level 70 for both offensive muse and offensive dealer, and have made a set for pretty much every other available set (high refine & good stats so I use over and over) through the level 200 gear. I like being able to reuse my weapons and gear, and as you mentioned, it's quite easy to get to 100, so I'm not really sure I'll want to get any of these as long as they remain character-bound or 400 pts each--my current system is much more cost effective!

#30 JordanX

JordanX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

Negatives:
Weaker then Uniques

Positives:
No Stat requirement.
Easy to get.
Stats of a Refine 10 weapon for that level + Refineable - so even better AP
No need to spend hours on farming it.
Not as expensive as Uniques.
Everyone who starts ROSE can get it, even someone who has started playing that very same day.

#31 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

Negatives:
Weaker then Uniques

Positives:
No Stat requirement.
Easy to get.
No need to spend hours on farming it.
Not as expensive as Uniques.
Everyone who starts ROSE can get it, even someone who has started playing that very same day.

I was thinking about these weapons earlier, and realized that although I don't really have a use for them, they would really help a new player, and I'm all for that!! :wacko:

#32 trupein

trupein

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Only problem i see is they are character bound so a 400pt price tag is kinda high considering once you surpass it your going to disassemble it and get about 15 saturunes 250pts or maybe even 300pts sounds better or acct. bound.

#33 Lucis

Lucis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationLit Lamp Wick

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

--Will the progressive stats stack?
Can these weapons be drilled + gemmed?
We do not need to refine them, but can we?

#34 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:52 AM

Can you put them in storage?

#35 trupein

trupein

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:59 AM

character bound means it can not leave your character so no storage.

#36 kaminichuan

kaminichuan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:leonis

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:43 AM

No it can't be refined, upgraded, hardened, or darkened.

has anyone tested refining these weapons?
I'm not really willing to spend 400 points if I won't be able to refine it or throw it back into storage..

#37 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:26 AM

(If you can refine them,) refining them will only increase their base AP (displayed in white), not the set bonuses
And the base AP is very low on these weapons so it won't make a big change anyway (refine (15) = +45 AP and +145 % of the base AP)

And as already said, character bound = not possible to put it in storage
(If it was possible to put it in storage, they would have said "account bound")

(IMO these weapons should stay like that, character bound)

Edited by Niluje, 15 October 2011 - 09:28 AM.

#38 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:45 PM

These weapons suck, from the stats to the looks. Could have designed something like the old IM weapons instead of recoloring the lv90ish ones. The stats are just bad to anyone who plays the game a little bit. I can only see these being useful to a brand new player who doesn't know much.

#39 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

has anyone tested refining these weapons?
I'm not really willing to spend 400 points if I won't be able to refine it or throw it back into storage..

(If you can refine them,) refining them will only increase their base AP (displayed in white), not the set bonuses
And the base AP is very low on these weapons so it won't make a big change anyway (refine (15) = +45 AP and +145 % of the base AP)

And as already said, character bound = not possible to put it in storage
(If it was possible to put it in storage, they would have said "account bound")

(IMO these weapons should stay like that, character bound)

no it cant be refined i did just check, and its not giftable or able to be put in storage

Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:11 PM

Can you drill and equip gem?

#41 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

Can you drill and equip gem?

yes

#42 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

Can the first post be updated with this information. These questions might be FAQ over this item mall weapons.

No Refine.
No Hardened/Darkened
Yes drill/gem'd
No storage.

----Some other FAQ--
Can it be disassembled for runes (after hitting top level)?
Can it be sold to NPC?

#43 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:32 PM

Can the first post be updated with this information. These questions might be FAQ over this item mall weapons.

No Refine.
No Hardened/Darkened
Yes drill/gem'd
No storage.

----Some other FAQ--
Can it be disassembled for runes (after hitting top level)?
Can it be sold to NPC?

yes

id check for disassembled but i cant open the disassemble window (for the last few months~)

#44 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

conveniently the first post is updated~ now lets see who actually goes and reads it!

#45 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:06 PM

When dissembling the runes gained are Saturunes like how every other Item Mall is when disassembled.

Regarding what level the character disassembling the weapon in question bears no relevance to the amount you receive.
The amount is always random within a set amount; I can't remember how much it was though, probably 10-20 Saturunes?

#46 onicdesigns

onicdesigns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:32 PM

The weapon was meant for 1-100 level people. I did not know if they nulled the weapon after hitting level 100. That is why I asked about dissembling it after level 100. Gravity could do something like that. Now the going rate is about 2.5m-3m a rune. So, in turn dissembling it and then selling the runes for IM pts could be seen as a plus to someone. Where the 60m zulie for 100 IM pt is the rate for IM pts. If you get 18 runes then you have a chance to get 100 pts back from the purchase. So, in turn it makes it into a 300 IM pt weapon with a chance to get 100 pts worth of IM stuff. la la la. Sorry, this is just figures I know.

#47 Cristal

Cristal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

Again IM stuff killing the artisan job.

#48 Mullemaus

Mullemaus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSore wa himitsu desu ^^

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

Same procedure as always.

They really seem to hate Artisans.

#49 Mosz

Mosz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:59 AM

hahaha nice to see old ROSE weapons recolored

#50 CaNehDa

CaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3009 posts
  • LocationInside of every dimension like a virus.
  • Server:SpaceFabric

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:06 AM

Are you kidding me? This stuff is a joke, no one in their right mind would waste 400 points on these items that could hardly pass off as eye candy, as all it does have a slightly "unique" look to it.

Are these weps really that much better then a regular IM wep (15) w/ d7
O_o

I'd be more inclined to get these weps if they took you to lvl 175, the last wep before 200 weps.

Otherwise, I can just bat my way 1-120 using a regular IM 'ect' wep, (15) is easy enough to hit w/ the refine now anyway.

Guess its nice though you can get a wep for any job class... But, Unique's win because they're tradeable, and storageable.

These weps are 240m a pop, half of what it costs to get a unique, uniques are re-usable, and more upgradeable.

You're paying 400 IM points for yea, it does progress, but how hard is it to sit there, harden all weps to lvl 20-120, refine them all (10)? - I've done it out of pure boredom, and at least then it can all be sold or re-used, or even gifted after.

For me, there needs to be more of a desire for this item, maybe if the bases where of a (15) refine, or even (13), (10) isn't even a respectable refine anymore.

You're paying 240m for something that would cost you like 100m to do have weapons of = power (mind you the fact you can slot and d7 means you don't need another d7 for every level.... But yea, Uniques?)

I would never pay 400 IM points, for a 1 time use weapon, that I can never use again on another char, even by means of storage trade. While these weapons might look slick, The fact you cannot even transfer it to yourself is a huge turn off for me.

I'll stick to questing for a unique wep, then busting what little efort it takes now to make it (15)....

/end of huge rant.

Edited by CaNehDa, 18 October 2011 - 07:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users