• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 MsHotShot

MsHotShot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

IMO the rewards for valor points are not worth the trouble to do union quests. The rewards are either not worth buying or over priced for one. Before Union Points were worth about 200k each point (Union bind = about 4 mil and 20 points to get). The price of valor points for white hearts are 30 points and ATM they are only worth around 1 mil meaning aprox. 33k each point. So IDK about you guys but to me union questing got super lame now.

#2 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:22 PM

IMO the rewards for valor points are not worth the trouble to do union quests. The rewards are either not worth buying or over priced for one. Before Union Points were worth about 200k each point (Union bind = about 4 mil and 20 points to get). The price of valor points for white hearts are 30 points and ATM they are only worth around 1 mil meaning aprox. 33k each point. So IDK about you guys but to me union questing got super lame now.

I don't know why they would put materials as rewards when they're already dropped by mobs. I think valor points should of been the ticket that can be traded/ also be turned in and converted to union points. Why call it union quest when the rewards are no where near union related.

#3 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

Did they increase the rewards from union quests?

#4 iBryan

iBryan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 810 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

They no longer give union points ( warpoints) it's valor points now, they have a list of rewards u can choose from mostly are mats that drop in zant or any other mob makes no sense at all.

#5 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Yes, a number of the quests had their reward yield and/or monster proof probability increased, aswell as having their Union restrictions removed. We would like to hear the community's feedback on this so that we can make further adjustments to the quests as nessecary.

Try the quests out and discuss your findings here.

Edited by Genesis, 13 October 2011 - 08:30 PM.

#6 MsHotShot

MsHotShot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

Even though the rewards for valor points arent that great, i really enjoy the fact that we are able to do union quest from different unions <_<

#7 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

So far I've done the Sikuku spearman and Warbiz quest in Xita in the Junon order union. The quests net me 3 and 5 points.

The sikuku spearman quest will reward me enough points to buy 1 thick iron piece.

If I do it 10 times I can afford 1 heart.
If I do it 300 times I can afford 1 meister cart schematic.

Doesn't seem too thrilling.

I think its a good idea to have mats sellable through this but the current rate.... not sure about.

Edited by Phish, 13 October 2011 - 10:19 PM.

#8 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

Cart schematics are massivly expensive. note that while i can obtain the schematic, i cant obtain orihalcon, adamantium, etc.
if want to make a cart i can spend a year in forest of wandering / obliv temple b4, or hope someone who wants to sell the mats is willing to farm those locations. (ya, right). Also the cost of carts is going to skyrocket. possible that people will just buy what will become a much cheaper prospect - mall flame frames. or was that the goal of such uber pricing on the cart schematics???

I DO think its awsome i can obtain lusian and other certian crafting mats **(joygasm over paper wing peices, frozen scales and such!!!!!)** In case of lusian just not enough comes from disasemble to be cost effective for the offhand i need it for.

I would LOVE it if i knew how much i was getting for the valor quests, to see if its worth it to even do them, however, cant open my char info tab to get at that info!!!

i can forsee, tho, that the mobs for the valor quests are going to be lacking (grunter warriors all ready have tough competiton tonight in draco. with most of the players working on halloween event). I can imagine leonis! And it is just going to get worse lol.

Just like when these quests first came out ( i can remember doing these quests to farm glue!) what counts, aside from the exp and what ever reward comes with it (hp + 500 or glue, essences - how about hermes / hime / entheric instead!!! that would REALLY make the quest worthy of our time) Is if the time to do the quest is going to be worth the points or effort that goes into it. What will be the % to get the item (quest proof, material ) off the mob you are fighting. Can remember fighting nepths with my cleric and getting about a 5% success rate on that mob, then deciding that it simply wasnt worth my time to do the quest. Hope it has been drastically improved over that.

I did go around to all the faction quest npcs and get a quest off each for more or less the same thing, and when i went to do those quests (3 at grunter warriors) i noted that, for 2 of the quests requiring iron i got the iron for both quests at the same time, so when one quest was complete, went to look and so was the other. now that helps me time wise, so i was happy there. then just had to get my grunter gloves and i was done. In that manner it was faster and easier, and as well the proofs came bout 1/3 faster than before.

I'll have to wait till you all fix this access to char info tab to be able to analyze further, but im actually looking forward to this aspect of the new system.

Edit: hmm going rate for points at 200k would be insane costs for many crafting mats. ouch.

Edited by TangoBaby86, 14 October 2011 - 12:29 AM.

#9 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Server:Forums

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:43 AM

So far I've done the Sikuku spearman and Warbiz quest in Xita in the Junon order union. The quests net me 3 and 5 points.

Funny thing. One of the RC quests in Junon (the one to collect gloves from Grunter Warriors) gives 12 points.

#10 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:39 AM

The sikuku spearman quest will reward me enough points to buy 1 thick iron piece.

If I do it 10 times I can afford 1 heart.
If I do it 300 times I can afford 1 meister cart schematic.

Doesn't seem too thrilling.

I think its a good idea to have mats sellable through this but the current rate.... not sure about.

Funny thing. One of the RC quests in Junon (the one to collect gloves from Grunter Warriors) gives 12 points.

All Union quests have level ranges in which a higher number of points will be rewarded, then if you level outside of that range. It is likely that Phish is completing Level 120 Union quests on a 200+ character, with no Union Reward Skill Bonus, while PickUp might be completing the Grunter Warrior gloves quest at the appropriate level range, with a Union Reward Bonus Skill. This may help explain the difference in point values being given. (This is a system feature that has not changed since 2008).

With all Union quests now being available, we're hopeful players will learn to use this to their benefit, by completing various quests from different Unions that ask for the same monster/area to be hunted. This should provide an increase to their points per outing.

On a side note, we will be reviewing the point yields for all Union quests, and work to ensure they all provide a rewarding (pun intended) experience!

#11 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:19 AM

All Union quests have level ranges in which a higher number of points will be rewarded, then if you level outside of that range. It is likely that Phish is completing Level 120 Union quests on a 200+ character, with no Union Reward Skill Bonus, while PickUp might be completing the Grunter Warrior gloves quest at the appropriate level range, with a Union Reward Bonus Skill. This may help explain the difference in point values being given. (This is a system feature that has not changed since 2008).

With all Union quests now being available, we're hopeful players will learn to use this to their benefit, by completing various quests from different Unions that ask for the same monster/area to be hunted. This should provide an increase to their points per outing.

On a side note, we will be reviewing the point yields for all Union quests, and work to ensure they all provide a rewarding (pun intended) experience!

I completed the quest on a level 220 character. Strange.

#12 Zeppelin

Zeppelin

Esteemed Member

• Members
  • 1341 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:21 AM

I completed the quest on a level 220 character. Strange.

That is very odd. Even with the Reward Bonus skill, you should have only received 5 points. I will look into this issue.

#13 Okibi

Okibi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • LocationGeorgia - United States
  • Server:Dracon

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:39 AM

They no longer give union points ( warpoints) it's valor points now, they have a list of rewards u can choose from mostly are mats that drop in zant or any other mob makes no sense at all.

If that is the case (and I haven't had the opportunity to play the game recently so I cannot verify anything) this seems like an interesting and neat way to facilitate the need to farm certain drops from lower level mobs at a higher level without having to use a medal in order to be able to do so. It isn't as EASY as if one were to purchase a IM Medal that allows greys to drop items (and for the record; it shouldn't be as easy); however, at the same time I agree that as a non-payment-related alternative it is a step in the right direction.

Are Valor quests located in Orlo now? That would help make our newest planet a little more active I feel, higher level characters may have needs for the materials and Valor points as well.

#14 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:36 AM

I did complete it with a 220 character but are there even any union/valor quests for a character that level?

#15 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

I did complete it with a 220 character but are there even any union/valor quests for a character that level?

Sikuku Ruins quests.

#16 Draquora

Draquora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:29 PM

Two days before this patch I bought 900 Union Quest Tickets so I could do the shining stone quest to get union points to buy chiva armor for my lvl 205 Artisan. With the new system I cant buy these things anymore since I don't do UW. Never have and never will, simply not interested of it. So now Ihave 884 tickets left in storage that are completely useless. In my opinion this patch was to make the game better for those who do UW and worse for those who don't. If they were decent they should compensate me for the 884 tickets and take them out of my storage. I have sent a ticket about 10 hours ago so you don't have to remind me about that. But maybe it is so that all good things come to an end and that this is the end point for me.

#17 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

yep im just a bit confused on the UW Tix / Reuvens, anyhow. The devs orignally said they were changing UW tix into reuvens, but now they are saying they are changing reuvens into RTTs?

And i spent 2 weeks doing shining stone quests, to use mine up, had only like 10-20 left. I figured i wouldnt mind much if those left became reuvens, since i could just do OT raids. but now they are taking that out?? Im confused. And how do we enter Oblivion Temple when its 'that time of the month' with a reuven if those are removed too?

Edited by TangoBaby86, 14 October 2011 - 02:51 PM.

#18 raindeth

raindeth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

There are daily shout quests from each union. For RC that includes gathering 8 grunter gloves. This is worth 8 points + union bonus 4 points = 12 points. The other RC gathering quest is hunting 30 porkie hooligans for 5 points, or 8 points with a union bonus. These daily events are not affected by level. The regular union quests that are repeatable and not shouted daily and worth points depending on level range. I know this, because I've gathered about 5,000 of those +500 HP points doing union quests

#19 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:45 PM

i just got done turning in a round of those quests from each union. interesting to see the huge difference in points for basically the same quest. RC gave me 12 pts for 8 gloves, and FG it was 5 pts for 17 iron. (with bonus) Would be nice if it were more uniform and if the reward was worth the time it took to do the quests. maybe a standard amt of pts. else its going to be insane trying to get cart part schematics, or other items. maybe increase the point rewards and then lower the point cost of items??

I usually do those quests since for me, to go to xita and go out to ruins for a quest level appropriate just takes way too long to be worth my time for the very small amount of points rewarded.

i tend to look at thinks like the new akram king / queen costume as my toons lifetime goal.. something to accomplish during the lifespan of that toon, to work towards etc. However with the cost of schematics at the moment, It would seem that the entire schematic would have to be another toon lifetime goal. (insane amt of points to obtain frame, wheel, engine and seat schematics). But IMHO it should be more easily obtianable, so that i have that cart thru my toons lifespan, NOT acheive it at the very end of its lifespan. (and ya, i take a year or so to build a toon, not 2 weeks).

#20 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

I have loads of Union Quest tickets spread across my accounts too--I hope that is something that will be fixed VERY soon!

#21 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

waves at pepper!:wacko:

i was just glancing thru the compendium at the varuous 'valor' quests. Based on, i think, zepplins quote regarding these quests and that they havent changed on level >=< (greather than, less than, etc) in respect to points awarded since, i think she said 2008. Since then rose has undergone many changes, including nerfing of armors (some nerfed, others increased based on class and level) changes in dodge, and increase in mob strength, therefor appropriate level for fighting mobs.

So, for example, many quests have a point awarded based on level above or below level 140. Lets assume a person has put a union award bonus on a cleric, for what ever reason, and that cleric is a novice player with gears refined to 7. This cleric is not going to run out to xita or ruins and kill mobs or even survive a trip for 'delivery' quest in ruins (2 quests show delivery based on the level 140 point award), untill she/he is at least lvl 155+. Just an example, but you might want to consider revamping the level of the point rewards to be more appropriate to the current mode of play. Not all of us will be doing these quests on our maxed out (in armor ref to 15s) champs.

Also, are there even quests for level 50-140 (Luna), or 200+ (Orlo). If there are they arent yet in the compendium. But it would be nice if there were.
Just my 2 cents.

Edited by TangoBaby86, 14 October 2011 - 10:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users