suggestion: how to report spammers - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

suggestion: how to report spammers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

***. Hire a new employee just to be online to deal with spammers

or

***. currently the spam filter is monitored client-side. if you say to many sentences in quick succession you get muted for a few seconds. Change this to server side so bots using 3rd party software to access the game can't get around it!!!!

or

***. add an additional feature to the context menu that appears when you right click on someone <report spam>
_______~if 10 people report someone have a notification go to the person working at the time that they need to be checked out
_______~if 25 people report someone a line of code server side samples the next 50 chat inputs(over 5 min) the reported individual logs, if there are 5 inputs are identical, auto mute them for 30 sec
_______~if after being un-muted in their next 50 inputs(over 5 min) they have 5 that are identical, they are muted for 5 minutes. (repeat)

***. if the individual continues to spam (muted several times) temp ban (1 day for non vip) (3 hours for vip) and an e-mail sent stating how spamming is wrong

***. if a single IP Address is guilty of being the source of multiple spammers !!!BLOCK IP ADDRESS!!!

Edited by Helios0, 14 October 2011 - 10:27 AM.

#2 NoxiousOrchid

NoxiousOrchid

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 755 posts
  • LocationLA, CA
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

I hate to pick this apart but...

They tried the server-side filter, it caused more lag in the long run than the spam bots, because of the amount of words put on it due to spam bots.

Addition features such as that have to go through kRO.

I doubt they check their emails, they have literally hundreds of them from their bot farmers and spam bots.

IP bans wont work, because it has become far to easy to change your IP address. In the end you would hurt legitimate players who have the same IP.

As for the employee thing, I can't counter that one. They do lack manpower though.

Keep in mind that the GMs have a proposal for kRO that will deal with the spam bots. It will make it so we won't see the spam in towns anymore.

#3 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

One thing that needs to be put in perspective as well that each report DOES have to be investigated and realistically if you slam the support staff with a bazillion spammer reports it slows down the turn around for ALL tickets even ones that aren't anything bad. Its really a rock and a hard place type of situation. Orchid has hit all the obvious points as well that I would have said. As for the solution in the pipe line it will deal with the issue, trust me.

Edited by Inubashiri, 14 October 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#4 soef

soef

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

One thing that needs to be put in perspective as well that each report DOES have to be investigated and realistically if you slam the support staff with a bazillion spammer reports it slows down the turn around for ALL tickets even ones that aren't anything bad. Its really a rock and a hard place type of situation. Orchid has hit all the obvious points as well that I would have said. As for the solution in the pipe line it will deal with the issue, trust me.

Any progress in the hunt for spammers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users