#126 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Pegasus is available for everyone that wants to take part in it.

As it should be. If only the senate had access, it would defeat the purpose of having a test server since it would be too few people testing and very litte data and feedback from the testing.

#127 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

I'm hoping the silence since the latest durability changes means it's better appreciated.

As for Pegasus, it isn't decided what access limitations, if any, are going to be put in place. But I do know, any testing will be made focal and will be guided by someone to ensure what we are testing is specifically tested and given feed back on. Once a long time ago, I personally oversaw a test period on Pegasus and the results were favorable, but when we left it open for anyone to test on at their own free will, there was poor feedback overall.

For now, let's keep it to the durability update in this thread, more will be announced about Pegasus in the future once it starts becoming available.

Thank you everyone for giving your feedback and helping make this update work for both our needs. -_-

#128 pokkaking

pokkaking

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for responding Leonis,

So I guess I am wrong with regards to how the dura system is working currently.
Will anyone please help point out how the dura system is currently working now.
Information is still all over the place and I would appreciate an example
to illustrate so that I can go do some testing as well.
Thanks

#129 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

Thanks for responding Leonis,

So I guess I am wrong with regards to how the dura system is working currently.
Will anyone please help point out how the dura system is currently working now.
Information is still all over the place and I would appreciate an example
to illustrate so that I can go do some testing as well.
Thanks

In short, the durability design was altered so that equipment and weapons wear down at a more noticeable rate. However, initially it was too fast and we've been since trying to slow it down till it reaches a rate that's both acceptable to the community and our intention towards game play. Since it is a little difficult to judge average game play experiences, we had to release it live, knowing that we would need to adjust it further based on feedback and our own review of data.

I would put it to you to play normally and see how it feels. The last few adjustments have been more directly towards weapons and shields, as armors seem to be about at the rate we were intending.

Information that's helpful for us to be aware of would include, item(s) durability, the general style of play you had (party, solo, AoE based, etc.) how long it took before you felt the need to repair, feelings towards costs and length of time spent in the field and such experiences.

#130 TangoBaby86

TangoBaby86

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • LocationArumic Vally
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

@ naughty, thanks for summing up the last years updates so nicely for us farmers. bout covers it. tho, @ leo, if you cant actually restore farming drops, then that farming frrustration will never diminish.

re dura, i can say that yesterday i spent an hour or so at hooks. on a 155 arti (ranged), amd my 215 cleric (int ledgendary 200 gears). While my arti lost absolutely no dura on any item, my cleric lost about 4 dura on every peice except wand and eyeglasses..... with HIGH DODGE and sitting in a fire.

#131 unikuchi

unikuchi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

Repair Hammers were hardly used, plain and simple. You may have used them, however your use of them wasn't an intended design to help you generate more money.

Hi,

I taking a break from ROSE for a month and I notice all my hammers are gone.
Repair hammer actually can make a lot of profits for zulie making and I am the one who do it.
It sells at NPC for only $300 and I bought a lot of them like 20k and sell it in Prison for 100k.
You know what? People buy it! And whats more is i earned more than 300M just for selling repair hammers in Prison!
And now its finally GONE! Do you know how hard it was to walk from Xita city to Prison?
20k hammer gives more than 110% weight which you can't even run!
Can you explain about this?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Question:
Is our dura going to drop if we repair it at crune?

Cheers.
Eg. FV +15 with dura 100, repaired tons of times, will it drop to 99?

#132 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

I taking a break from ROSE for a month and I notice all my hammers are gone.
Repair hammer actually can make a lot of profits for zulie making and I am the one who do it.
It sells at NPC for only $300 and I bought a lot of them like 20k and sell it in Prison for 100k.
You know what? People buy it! And whats more is i earned more than 300M just for selling repair hammers in Prison!
And now its finally GONE! Do you know how hard it was to walk from Xita city to Prison?
20k hammer gives more than 110% weight which you can't even run!
Can you explain about this?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Question:
Is our dura going to drop if we repair it at crune?

Cheers.
Eg. FV +15 with dura 100, repaired tons of times, will it drop to 99?

All hammers were refunded, so there is no loss of zulie to you from purchasing them. As for your use of the hammers, please re-read what you quoted me saying. The hammers were not intended to be a means to generate zulie and the use of them was low.

To your questions, repairing at any NPC will not reduce durability, as normal. We did not like the idea of items losing durability simply for being repaired.

It is possible for a new repair hammer to be reintroduced in the future, but for now it was decided to have them removed entirely because they were not beneficial to game play, just zulie generation. This went against the purpose of making a change to the durability and repair update designs.

#133 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

Gold Bars are "not beneficial to game play, just zulie generation". And "This [goes] against the purpose of making a change to the durability and repair update designs" since Gold Bars also make the inflation worse

Yet you added Gold Bars in IM boxes

Double standards much?

And don't come and tell me this is off topic cause you can't expect anyone to accept the dura/repair changes when at the same time you dare to put this kind of item in the IM

Edited by Niluje, 16 November 2011 - 04:09 PM.

#134 unikuchi

unikuchi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for reply Leonis.

I sorta understand about dura system a bit now.
Anyway, im looking forward for the new repair hammer.
Don't make it too long. xD.

Cheers.

#135 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

Gold Bars are "not beneficial to game play, just zulie generation". And "This [goes] against the purpose of making a change to the durability and repair update designs" since Gold Bars also make the inflation worse

Yet you added Gold Bars in IM boxes

Double standards much?

And don't come and tell me this is off topic cause you can't expect anyone to accept the dura/repair changes when at the same time you dare to put this kind of item in the IM

No, it is not a double standard, you are confusing the issue. Gold bars are designed to be for zulie. Repair hammers are not. The gold bars have been around for a while, they were not implemented at the same time.

#136 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:11 PM

No, it is not a double standard, you are confusing the issue. Gold bars are designed to be for zulie. Repair hammers are not. The gold bars have been around for a while, they were not implemented at the same time.

Yes, perfect to throw more zulie into the flooded market.

OnTopic; For me the durability is now working well and I like the cost it takes for repairing. But there must be something of a balance betweem what you can pick up and sell to npc and how much it costs to repair (an issue some people brought up earlier).

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 18 November 2011 - 12:12 PM.

#137 Niluje

Niluje

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:56 PM

And you are confusing what I said (purposely?)

"Gold bars are designed to be for zulie. Repair hammers are not."
I said "the dura/repair changes" (ie. increasing the repair prices and the speed of items wearing out), not "repair hammers".
These changes were made to decrease the inflation, and adding gold bars into the IM goes exactly in the opposite direction.

"The gold bars have been around for a while, they were not implemented at the same time."
I said "add them into IM boxes / put them into the IM", not "implement them into the game", I know they were implemented ages ago.
Why put them back now with the crazy inflation we have? Why add them now when you claim you try to fight the inflation with the dura/repairing changes?
Double standards.

Edited by Niluje, 18 November 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#138 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

And you are confusing what I said (purposely?)

"Gold bars are designed to be for zulie. Repair hammers are not."
I said "the dura/repair changes" (ie. increasing the repair prices and the speed of items wearing out), not "repair hammers".
These changes were made to decrease the inflation, and adding gold bars into the IM goes exactly in the opposite direction.

"The gold bars have been around for a while, they were not implemented at the same time."
I said "add them into IM boxes / put them into the IM", not "implement them into the game", I know they were implemented ages ago.
Why put them back now with the crazy inflation we have? Why add them now when you claim you try to fight the inflation with the dura/repairing changes?
Double standards.

I don't see it as a double standard.

The reasons for the durability and repair cost changes were stated.
  • The entire system designed for durability was hardly functioning as it was intended. The need for change was felt it needed to be more noticeable.
    • Initial impressions was too severe, so we worked with the community to pull it back until there was an acceptable compromise on the wear and tear rate.
  • New repair costs were established, based on factors known to be of value.
    • The costs were again, severe and we pulled that back as well.
To me, you are pointing out something (Gold Bars) that was implemented within the Item Mall, which is an element that purposefully exists outside of normal game play. The Gold Bars, are intended to be used for zulie, that is the simple fact. They are an item that has been used in the past because of their seen value. Also, they are not a direct purchase. Many items are put in to special boxes through the course of a year, the Gold Bar is one of them. You mistakenly think that because of the recent system updates intended to drain money from the economy, that we intentionally put the Gold Bars back in to an obtainable Item Mall means, we have a double standard. The durability and repair costs, had only normal game play in mind and was part of the development team's projected plans. The Item Mall is a completely separate consideration, based on what would be enjoyed as a purchase and goes through a different process entirely.

So, I still don't see it as a double standard. Now, if you would like to offer something in regards to either the durability rate of loss or repair cost changes that has affected you and your disklike about it, please share that and any suggestions you may have regarding it and it will be considered. As you have seen, there have been several attempts to adjust the effects of the update to be more friendly, while still keeping the essence of change in tact. We are still open to the community's voice and ideas.

OnTopic; For me the durability is now working well and I like the cost it takes for repairing. But there must be something of a balance between what you can pick up and sell to npc and how much it costs to repair (an issue some people brought up earlier).

Any point of reference you can offer, in regards to where it is unbalanced or suggestions on what could be looked in to or do to help make it feel more balanced?

I know that some have mentioned the issue of low level players being unable to repair their equipment because of how it seems to wear down faster or because the repair costs are too extreme. I have to ask who these players are, because if you are using refined or gemmed equipment, yes the repair costs will increase. More so, if you have gemmed equipment you've handed down to them. As for the repair costs vs items picked up, that's difficult to judge, because there's no way to guarantee that a player will always pick up the same items as they adventure or choose to fight monsters that should drop items at all.

But we do understand the need to ensure new starting characters and low level game play should be less consideration with equipment repairs and are still looking in to ways to help the experience more enjoyable.

So again, any suggestions, experiences and ideas are welcomed and I encourage you to get anyone else you know who has made mention or commented about the changes to please come to the thread and post, the more voices there are, the more attention I can devote. Once the voices go quiet, it can only be assumed there is nothing wrong and it will remain as it is.

#139 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

I think the point Niluje is trying to make is that removing zulie from the game and then creating it via item mall is corrupt, even if it is not a direct purchase.

Edited by Phish, 21 November 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#140 OooOPS

OooOPS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:51 PM

That isn't true, the ONLY reason for this system was that it wasn't working

Can we know what was not working?

#141 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

you barely had to repair things so they made it so you had to every so often or however long it takes anymore~

#142 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

The short reasons, the rate of durability life loss was so slow, repairs were avoidable until the higher level areas, where you no longer had the need to change equipment because of advancement and the cost of repairs was hardly noticeable.

These two aspects of game play are, by design, to influence return trips to town and have a small impact to the inflow of zulie to the game's economy.
Other minor reasons in addition to previously stated is the mechanics behind how durability life was lost had some faulty mechanics within it that caused damage to not apply in certain circumstances. Repair costs did not include some factors that are seen to increase the value of equipment.

This update was to address a game design we felt was not working as we saw it should be. We knew it wasn't going to be a fun one, but we felt it had to be done at some point and there was no time frame we saw that would make it any less of a ache, once implemented. So it was done sooner, rather than later, so we could tweak it to a comfortable rate with the community and start the community becoming adjusted to it for the long run.

--

I keep checking on this thread to see if anyone has anything further to say. Without any further voiced opinions on it, there's little I can be aware of in regards to it's effect on the game play experience for the community or players. I will continue to check on the thread, but it will be closed eventually if it is felt that there is nothing further to tweak. I encourage feedback in regards to how it is affecting game play experience, if you feel something could be improved upon. Please keep in mind the intended purpose of the mechanic change and what we're looking for is whether certain play styles or level ranges feel too penalizing or harsh somehow, to game play when it comes to durability life loss or repair costs.

#143 Kitt

Kitt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:26 PM

I'm sure I'm in the minority in this, but after the tweaks the change in how durability is handled in the game is survivable, so far. I haven't had much chance to play with my higher level characters (who have higher refined gear and some gems) but for lower to mid level characters, it's do-able.

One effect that might be unintended from this change is that it is not worth it to refine gear that will be out-grown in twenty levels or so. It's costly and frustrating to refine, and refined gear costs more to repair now. The effect of this is to encourage players to race through the levels again, instead of lingering and taking their time along the way. It sort of punishes players to refine gear that isn't the highest level, and play through the lower levels for a while. I think you might find that there will be even more players clustered at the top tier of the game, becoming bored waiting for new content, monsters, gear, planets, quests, and challenges. It's all well and good to redo and reimagine lower level maps and overall game/quest/story flow, but when players realize that it costs too much to refine and upkeep gear while one is leveling, the urge to level higher at a faster rate will speed them through the game up to the level cap again.

Just my concerns on the matter.

#144 siamore

siamore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

I kinda find it amusing how to put it this way, the durability loss:

after all Blue/Pink Moldie Inner Tube got 9 dura -,- have to repair so fast....

Summer backpack with 27 dura - have to repair so fast...

facebook like t-shirt - 40 dura same here have to repair fast...

All i can do is repairing eh? :)

#145 Brandd0n

Brandd0n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

Yea work on nerfing xbow scouts and knights too tyvm.

#146 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

you can buy hammers at NPC and take them with you at least. It seems to be just your weapon and body armor that you have to really worry about.

#147 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Are there any other benefit from high dura item except you need less repairing?

I'm quite new and from reading a bit of this thread i get an impression that it was changed from before where durability has some effect instead of as "max life" of weapon?

Edited by gnxx, 08 October 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#148 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

I think it also increases over all accuracy/dodge rate of items (depending on what type, wings, swords, ect)

#149 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

I think it also increases over all accuracy/dodge rate of items (depending on what type, wings, swords, ect)

yep Zurn is correct the higher the durability the more Acc a weapon has or dodge armour & wings have

#150 gnxx

gnxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

Oh, thank you guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users