• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mohgeroth

mohgeroth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

So I've got a +10 Thorn staff of Darkness with a +7 Skull Cap combo. Also, I have a +10 Staff of Destruction with a +9 Crown of Deceit.

The SoD and CoD perform WELL beyond the skull cap combo (Lv. 2 Crimson rock almost 3-4k more consistantly).

I use this in a PvE environment and am looking for PvE performance. The benefit to the Skull Cap combo is that I can use a hodremlin Immune or Valk shield for more resistance. For pure damage output however, SoD and CoD are just way more powerful not to mention its quicker to get mystic amp up. Thoughts anyone?

I was under the impression that Skull Cap was very superior but apparently, this is not the case. Cast times are negligible and I don't notice any difference as well as cooldowns.

#2 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:35 AM

Its up for what your hunting and your output dmg. If you can 1 shot with sod+cod and not with the other set, go with it, if both are 2 shots, thorn staff lets you wear a shield, plus doesnt break amp through auto-jt of sod if your mobbing or being hit... Its up for what your hunting and what else do you have. I was able to 1 shot all venatus with amped cr and piercing staff (old but that was just when renewal came, and sod broke my amp before can get a cast off), thats just an example, in that case, better to use shield and lose some extra dmg that doesnt matter since you 1 shot anyways. Take in consideration that cr has a bit reuse delay and you cant cast one just after an other, you have time to cast amp (without sod) and still have to wait about 1-2 secs before can cast it again.

My advice, just go whenever you wanna lvl and test it.

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

Thorn Staff lets you use a shield. End of story. Skull Cap + TSoD combo wins by a mile.

#4 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:43 AM

In Overall damage, Skull Cap/TSoD is weaker than SoD/CoD combo...

Around 7%matk difference or so... and depending how good your stats are, it can be a huge difference to actually 1 shot your targets or not.

If you are worried about the receiving damage, there are ways to get around it... SW, Quag, JF, Frost Nova... you name it... but it will depend mostly on how good and you are used to switch and keep yourself alive in those situations...

PS: Keep in mind that Energy Coat reduces 30% from damage (I think that includes PvM?) therefore the damage you will receive w/o shield is the same damage other classes will receive with shield on... or at least depending the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users