#1 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

So I'm working on a Battle Priest and have a dozen questions. I have never made a character past first class so bear with me.I really like the idea of a crit build. The stats would be like AGI>Dex=Luk with low vit medium low int and low str.

1. Why a Battle Priest? Why not a battle High Priest? Why not a battle Arch Bishop?

2.How will this character play? Because I'm think always having Gloria on for the luk bonus, which means a crit bonus, and also using KE or assumptio or safety wall (I would like a recommendation of one of these three along with justification) and probably AGI up.

3. What gear is conducive to the character I'm thinking of? If you bring stats past 100 do they still increase derivative stats such as crit rate and aspd?

4.Since in this build my int is low, I think sp recovery and spiritual thrift would be nice. are there gear/cards that increase sp/hp recovery? is magnificat good for my idea?

5. I like having the skills that remove status effects. I imagine a character that strikes fast and hard because of crit rate and agi, should I just use items for status effects, or does this build support a self cleansing character?

6. What about the skills that add holy property and extra damage to my weapon? are those worth it? I'm working with a few self support spells, when do support spells get in the way of fast combat? I mean you got the shield/barrier type spells, the luk spell, sp recovery spell, i think the fewer the better.

7. I will be healing myself alot but I don't enjoy an expensive character. Is healing more appropriate for healing spells or potions? Considering the wide range of self support spells, I need to really consider limiting how many I use.

8.would combining assumptio with high agi make an impossible to hit character?

So the way I see this character is she's fast. She has very good aspd, crits often, avoids hits, has low sp but recovers sp swiftly, takes little actually damage from one or more shield/barrier type spells and heals after combat, preferably through self healing spells. I use gloria always, always have at least one shield/barrier type spell active, and if it is believed appropriate has additional atk through support skills instead of str.

Mainly im concerned about the balances between SP pool and the number of support spells cast. How much combat is achieved between buffing, and my expectations for combat in general.

#2 foxySox

foxySox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1373 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:38 AM

I have a battle/support hybrid Arch Bishop that I like to play on a lot. However, she's not crit build, but rather high agi/dex/str build. I'll try my best to answer your questions though.

1) You'll eventually hit 99/50 and be able to rebirth your Battle Priest, and then start over as a Novice until you become high aco, then high priest, and then at 99/70, you'll be able to become an Arch Bishop. [I'm assuming you didn't understand how it works after you change to second job. Correct me if I'm wrong about what you were asking here]

2) Gloria is helpful for the crit bonus it would give. Agi up helps with increase in aspd. I use Assumption while levelling, since it raises defense. KE is okay, but it doesn't seem to last me long enough to be worthwhile. I have Safety wall, but only at level 3 so I don't use it. Takes too long to cast/doesn't take enough hits to really make it helpful for me.

3) Not entirely sure here. My AB shares gear with my Ranger at the moment. Main gear I use on her is a Peco carded glit jacket (for extra HP), Wool Scarf and merman carded tidals (more HP, and more HP/SP recovery), sidewinder and injustice carded Lunakaligo (so I have double attack/sonic blow chance, and the Lunakaligo gives me aspd bonus), and a Round buckler to help reduce damage. Not sure about the stat parts, but my AB doesn't have stats above 80 either, so I can't really answer. :help:

4) Get Magnificat. My AB has SP problems often, and without Magnificat they would be so much worse. Of course, I tend to support a lot of my friends when they need a priest, so they suck up most of my SP. Also SP recovery and spiritual thrift are a big help with SP problems. The cards I know off the top of my head that help with recovery would be:
Sohee card - Max SP +15%, SP Recovery + 3%
Eggyra card - SP Recovery +15%
Zombie card - HP Recovery +20%
Merman Card - HP/SP Recovery +10%

5) My AB can take off status effects for herself (and the party if I have one with me), except when she gets Silenced or Frozen . Other than that, she can self support. Cure and Status Recovery are good to get, and if I remember correctly, you need them for other skills anyhow.

6) Get Blessing and Agi Up. You probably won't be able to max them, as my AB only has them both at level 9, and they still do their job well. As for getting in the way of combat, they don't really mess me up too much. I buff before I start fighting, and then wait until I'm done with whatever I'm smashing to rebuff. Unless I need to stop to heal, which doesn't take too long as long as I'm not being mobbed.

7) I don't really use any potions on my AB. She has heal, and that's all she really needs. Occasionally I carry a few pots if I know I might not be able to stop and heal in the middle of whatever I'm attempting to kill. And as a priest, you will have a pretty good amount of skill points to use for skills and buffs.

8) I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work. Assumptio doesn't prevent you from getting hit, it just lowers the damage you receive from each hit while it's active. However the more agi you have, the more your flee is increased so you will be hit less often unless you are being mobbed, in which case flee doesn't count.

As for now, my AB can attack for about 4-5 minutes without having to stop and rebuff, but I wait until all her buffs are gone before stopping. I'm not sure how it would work with having to cast gloria, as I only have it at level 1, and don't really use it. (Honestly got it just to be able to find my party members while going through the first floor Eden, or to bother my friends with when I'm in Magic Strings.)

Hope I helped you out a bit, and if you need something that I said explained more, just ask me and I will do my best to help. Have fun with your battle priest. <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users