Unexpected or expected Ymir WoE? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Unexpected or expected Ymir WoE?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Nyaamsus

Nyaamsus

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:45 PM

Earlier today we had WoE turn on for just payon realm (Which was quite the fail WoE). Now at 12 midnight central time the rest of the woe 1 castles turn on. Was wondering if this was meant to happen and not announced or did gravity mess up and accidentally not sync the woe times for all realms? Its not fun when small guilds can't woe when only one woe realm is up also not fun when you don't know if your castle is safe or if woe will go on randomly and lose your castle.

#2 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

It was most likely an accident alot has occurred in the last 24 hours, it was almost successful with out a problem until WoE came. I'm sure they will address the issue tomorrow (today depending on your time zone).

#3 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:15 PM

Whats interesting isn't the screw-up, which sometimes happens after a major incident like moving servers.
That's nothing new.

Its the lack of threads and posts from the community that's intriguing.

#4 Nyaamsus

Nyaamsus

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

Indeed, haven't seen many threads about this. They should have just canceled WoE like they did on Valk. Not sure why they're just letting the random WoEs go on.

#5 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:37 PM

there's a difference between valk woe and ymir in that maint went through the time valk woe would have occurred, whereas in your case, the servers had been up for a while now and oda even said on facebook woe should be normal for ymir

#6 Nyaamsus

Nyaamsus

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:06 PM

Yeah but clearly WoE is broken on Ymir so it should be canceled till they can fix it not let it drag out and make smaller guilds hate WoE even more.

#7 CyFire

CyFire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

Lack of comments from the community stem from almost no one being able to get on the forums.

WoE was a big fail today both the regular one and the suprise one.

#8 Zeenn

Zeenn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

I think the surprise woe was exciting. Everyone logging in getting the thrill before you go to sleep. :(

#9 Elementald

Elementald

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:55 AM

I dont that the GM's are going to do anything about what happen

#10 Zeenn

Zeenn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:11 AM

There is nothing they can do, and it was nothing unfair about it. If only one server went up today it was highly likely they would have come up later that night. Everyone had fair chances to get a fort last night, and the playing field was pretty even for the most part. Looking from the castle list and the battles. There wasn't really one guild dominating on everyone.

#11 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:27 AM

It would only be fair if it were announced that WoE was going to be held.

#12 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

The problem is being looked into for the answer.

As to what happens after that, don't know yet.

Edited by Inubashiri, 27 October 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#13 Zeenn

Zeenn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

Well if they didn't make an announcement stating woe was canceled. Then everyone should have assumed WoE was still in secession.

#14 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

Oh well, I guess you won since you are prepared for everything to be "working as intended."

Outside of replies to tickets, I don't think any GM has acknowledged publicly what happened. Still was unfair. You even admitted it was a "surprise" and if it was a surprise in the way of an "Ooops, we forgot to open the rest of the realms so we're going to open them a little later" way, I'm sure they would have made an announcement ahead of time letting the entire community know so everyone would have a better chance of getting their act together.

#15 Glittercandy

Glittercandy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

Well if they didn't make an announcement stating woe was canceled. Then everyone should have assumed WoE was still in secession.

Yes, but people assumed there would be only one woe at it's usual time, which there was. No one expected a second woe in the middle of the night. I don't see how anyone could have expected it when there already was a woe earlier in the day at the usual time.

#16 Zeenn

Zeenn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

I don't think they did a "oops we forgot the other realms lets open them later" I think it was more of a "Oops we set the time stamp for the other realms to open at a different time then normal woe time" I don't see the big deal in crying over how woe realms didn't open on time. Those who wanted to woe got their shot earlier at a normal woe time. And those who were playing later in the day also got a shot into Wednesday woes. People who normally can't log in for Wednesday woe due to real life stuff.

#17 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

*shrug* That's like saying it's okay to have WoE any time of day and not knowing when to expect WoE. Just everybody be prepared all the time for WoE. I love the game, but not that much. But hopefully this was a one-time occurrence. It happened, everyone had fun, nothing can be done about it, blah blah blah but bottom line, still not fair for all.

#18 Zeenn

Zeenn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

Guess there is always saturday huh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users