• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 HyuugaNeji

HyuugaNeji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:01 PM

So I'm really stuck as to what class to play. I miss the feel of the old pre renewal champ, don't get me wrong the sura is awesome, I just feel I need something different.

How do you guys rate the RG for leveling/ end game pvp/MVP?

Advice from fellow RG'ers would be very helpful :(

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:10 PM

RG's really godly in MvPing with its Vanishing Point spam. You can also take out high tiered MvPs like Beelzebub solo using Reflect Damage + Kaahi.

End Game PvP is really good for RG right now because of Reflect, Pinpoint Attack, and Exceed Break but they won't be as good after the balance patch.

PvM, they are just OK. Overbrand isn't exactly the best skill to level with if you don't have God items seeing it can't damage strong enough unless your push mobs into the wall for the extra damage.

#3 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:20 PM

They're better than spellcasters. *cough*

#4 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

RG's aren't very flexible. Either you're agi/str/dex + 1h spear or you're reflect. If you go hybrid, it pretty much just means learning reflect damage to do a little more damage. Idk. They're kinda boring compared to an AB or a Warlock or something with a little more variety to choose from.

Most RG skills require more than one RG to cast and Hesperus Lit is ridiculous in its prerequisites.

Idk.

Edited by Okii, 27 October 2011 - 06:36 PM.

#5 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

rg right now are pretty good, but the balance patch coming up is nerfing the hell out of them, you wont be able to reflect kill beez and alot of other skills are getting nerfed, prob better sticking with a sura

#6 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

After having made a 150 Sura, 150 Chaser, 150 RG, and 150 Sorc, here's what I think about RG.

Pvp, it gets easy kills with pinpoint attack followed by (the current glitched) exceed break. Vanishing point is pretty godlike for being long range and spammable at aspd. Overbrand hits hard, and often gets a lot of accidental kills too, if anyone nearby happens to be standing at the wrong angle.

Leveling is incredibly fast, since you 1 shot pretty much everything to 150 (if you abyss3 with a gae bolg, rather than scarabs)

Rangers, ironically enough, tend to be extremely annoying when they just warg bite and ctrl click. With Defending Aura, it doesn't hurt, but you're not going anywhere anytime soon, especially if you're on your own.

Dispell gets rid of everything that makes you good. -130 attack, -90% aspd, no DA, no reflect (with the exception of reflect damage), and those are only your self buffs. When it takes forever and a half to get back shield spell's attack buff, dispell is a real buzzkill.

Post nerf, Pinpoint attack I believe is being nerfed to like half the damage, and exceed break will no longer be worth using if you use a kvm spear.

MVPing, you really can only kill mvps that do not agi up, even with inspiration. Post nerf, you wont be able to kill bee with Kaahi + reflect. I've only been using my RG to do my Nyd runs, and the occasional lower level summoner mvp. I've killed quest morroc without mvp cards or godlies in order to get into the second map for hunting, but anything a RG can kill can be done much more efficiently on something else.

They're better than spellcasters. *cough*

Glad you mentioned this, because I've had a thousand times more fun on my 150 sorc than 150 RG. Only people I cannot kill are GTB users, and even then I can disable them to the ground and let someone else take care of them. Even if theres no one to kill them, I can keep them asleep/vacuumed long enough to make them voluntarily bwing.

People die to sorc spells in WoE. And I'm not talking about baddies, because they don't die to spells. They die in one Diamond Dust.

People who still say spell casters are the worst characters have only encountered the badcasters. Admittedly though, spellcasters require more gear to be a threat than other classes.

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

After having made a 150 Sura, 150 Chaser, 150 RG, and 150 Sorc, here's what I think about RG.

Pvp, it gets easy kills with pinpoint attack followed by (the current glitched) exceed break. Vanishing point is pretty godlike for being long range and spammable at aspd. Overbrand hits hard, and often gets a lot of accidental kills too, if anyone nearby happens to be standing at the wrong angle.

Leveling is incredibly fast, since you 1 shot pretty much everything to 150 (if you abyss3 with a gae bolg, rather than scarabs)

Rangers, ironically enough, tend to be extremely annoying when they just warg bite and ctrl click. With Defending Aura, it doesn't hurt, but you're not going anywhere anytime soon, especially if you're on your own.

Dispell gets rid of everything that makes you good. -130 attack, -90% aspd, no DA, no reflect (with the exception of reflect damage), and those are only your self buffs. When it takes forever and a half to get back shield spell's attack buff, dispell is a real buzzkill.

Post nerf, Pinpoint attack I believe is being nerfed to like half the damage, and exceed break will no longer be worth using if you use a kvm spear.

MVPing, you really can only kill mvps that do not agi up, even with inspiration. Post nerf, you wont be able to kill bee with Kaahi + reflect. I've only been using my RG to do my Nyd runs, and the occasional lower level summoner mvp. I've killed quest morroc without mvp cards or godlies in order to get into the second map for hunting, but anything a RG can kill can be done much more efficiently on something else.

Glad you mentioned this, because I've had a thousand times more fun on my 150 sorc than 150 RG. Only people I cannot kill are GTB users, and even then I can disable them to the ground and let someone else take care of them. Even if theres no one to kill them, I can keep them asleep/vacuumed long enough to make them voluntarily bwing.

People die to sorc spells in WoE. And I'm not talking about baddies, because they don't die to spells. They die in one Diamond Dust.

People who still say spell casters are the worst characters have only encountered the badcasters. Admittedly though, spellcasters require more gear to be a threat than other classes.

Too bad Inspiration can't be Dispelled. >.> And how can an RG stay stuck if they can just use Earth Drive to get out of Vacuum? You also have to keep in mind that Diamond Dust's Crystalization effect is also getting a nerf when the balance patches get here. As far as I'm concerned, in order to keep up with an RG, you'd need to be pretty damn well equipped as a Sorc or pretty lucky when you hit them with DD. You're not going to kill an RG in WoE if you can't Crystallize them. Even without Spear Quicken, they can still spam VP for a good amount. Unless you're pulling off instant-cast, you're gonna get your cast time broken by them as well. Best strategy is indeed to stay out of range though, but that only lasts for as long as they stay stuck inside Vaccum.

That and a Warlock/Sorc isn't going to be used against MVP's like Nyd.

#8 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Too bad Inspiration can't be Dispelled. >.> And how can an RG stay stuck if they can just use Earth Drive to get out of Vacuum? You also have to keep in mind that Diamond Dust's Crystalization effect is also getting a nerf when the balance patches get here. As far as I'm concerned, in order to keep up with an RG, you'd need to be pretty damn well equipped as a Sorc or pretty lucky when you hit them with DD. You're not going to kill an RG in WoE if you can't Crystallize them. Even without Spear Quicken, they can still spam VP for a good amount. Unless you're pulling off instant-cast, you're gonna get your cast time broken by them as well. Best strategy is indeed to stay out of range though, but that only lasts for as long as they stay stuck inside Vaccum.

That and a Warlock/Sorc isn't going to be used against MVP's like Nyd.

Inspiration cannot be dispelled, but you still lose all your other buffs and a :( load of aspd. Inspiration doesnt last forever either.

Crystallization chance: (5 + 5 * Skill Level) %
Crystallization duration: [(10 + (Diamond Dust Skill Level * 2)) - (Targetâ??s Base VIT / 10)] seconds
Targets in Crystallization status will take 1.5 times more damage from Mace and Axe type weapons.
Targets in Crystallization status will take 50% less damage from Dagger, Sword and Arrow type weapons.
Targets in Crystallization status will take 1.5 times more damage from Wind element attacks.

30% success, rather than the 15-20% it is now. 50% more damage from gfist and wind PW and Varetyr's Spear. These all look like major nerfs to me.

Seriously, the only nerf I can see it getting is that ABs will be able to cure it.

Also, yes Earth Drive removes Vacuum, but not Arrullo. Keeping Arrullo on cool down and using Vacuum as they wake up keeps the RG locked.

And I do not expect to kill anyone that pots like a madman or Peco classes with a sorc UNLESS I get the crystalization.

And true a Sorc/lock cannot kill Nyd, but then again, I have a few mvps that my sorc kills that a RG could never hope to kill.

#9 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

Pintpoint attack si already stupid as it is. It would be reasonable to reduce its damage to 0 with a 50% chance of destroying an item is already a godly skill. :(

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Inspiration cannot be dispelled, but you still lose all your other buffs and a :( load of aspd. Inspiration doesnt last forever either.

30% success, rather than the 15-20% it is now. 50% more damage from gfist and wind PW and Varetyr's Spear. These all look like major nerfs to me.

Seriously, the only nerf I can see it getting is that ABs will be able to cure it.

Also, yes Earth Drive removes Vacuum, but not Arrullo. Keeping Arrullo on cool down and using Vacuum as they wake up keeps the RG locked.

And I do not expect to kill anyone that pots like a madman or Peco classes with a sorc UNLESS I get the crystalization.

And true a Sorc/lock cannot kill Nyd, but then again, I have a few mvps that my sorc kills that a RG could never hope to kill.

They rebuffed Crystallization chances? o.o I remembered reading that they were lowering the chances, but I guess they changed their mind.

But you know they're going to use Earth Drive the moment they wake up after being hit with Diamond Dust. Assuming they don't get affected by Crystallization though.

The options on MVP's you can solo are pretty limited though. Then again, it's fun kiting Gloom. xD

#11 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

I am a below avg player so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt. Good RG's can post. There are a lot of good RG's that may better help your choice.

I have a 150 RG and a 150 Sura. I don't play the RG anymore lol. RG is a great pvp/woe class right now(better at pvp). Pretty good leveling class(nerf of reflect leveling will reduce their pvm abilities). Can MvP with inspiration but not as good as other classes. I liked my RG because it is a tank(best defense). Has pretty good power with exceed break weapon swap(will get nerfed). Pinpoint attack is great(will get nerfed). To me its a low cost class to play. You can woe with little to no expense. Some RG's have already changed their build for the patch. Expect to be a tank that can Sac killers in your guild. If you don't like that than don't start a build.

Sura is top dog though. Just my opinion. Best MvP class(RK is good as well). Can tank or kill. Fun factor is a lot higher for Sura(snap around with speed, cursed circle most atks). Sura is best PvM in my opinion as well. I imagine some people will say Rangers and Chasers are pretty good leveling classes but I would beg to differ. I had the most fun leveling my Sura. I have had the chance to level with a ranger and fire trap. Sura leveling combos and buffs made me lean toward Sura. Right now Sura in PvP/WOE are hard to top. Sura's in PvP are hard to kill. If you are a melee class and atk a Sura, you will get cursed circle/fist. If you use a ranged atk, you will get lightning walk/cursed circle/fist. If you try to trap a Sura he will snap past your defense. Chasers can still use manhole/shadow form/trap combo on you and you can't pot. Can't fist a RG because of reflect. Right now Sura's are weak to RG(can't gfist) and Chasers(only in pvp or 1v1 woe).

Edited by DarkDan, 27 October 2011 - 07:49 PM.

#12 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Playing RG in WoE, I never got out of Vacuum with Earth Drive. I think Vacuum might just give you some you can't walk status effect, I could only walk after BC.

#13 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK THIS, I VOTED YOU DOWN

my best pw only deals about 3k 5k per hit in pvp, in woe with cranial+inmune gear+and a those pathetics kafra cards the magic gets totally usless

My normal pw in woe deals maximun 1k damage per wave, and classes like rks can have 80k hp, then the physical classes like sura and rk, can deal above 40k per atack(WICH ITS NOT WRONG, THERES NEED TO BE KILLERS IN WOE!) BUT they have skill cast times of 1 second, when mage class have skills like pw with 15 seconds variable cast time and 2 seconds FIXED and skills like GOH have 1 second variable cast time NO FIXED CAST TIME AND CANT BE STOPED EVEN IN WOE, then the sura can have lech end and blood sucker effect and still able to use GOH and kill any Genetic/sorc/warlock/arch bishop/even wanderers and rangers/EVEN GXS!!! BECOUSE THERES A FLEE PENALTY IN WOE(50%) and even the sura have the almighty cursed circle......... and snap............ they can heal etc......... why i qq almost only about sura? becouse its the only class that wanst nerfed in the balance >__________________________<

Edited by Mefistofeles, 27 October 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#14 Thugmission

Thugmission

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

Try out RG, if don't like it try out something else. With the turn ins you can definitely do both RG and Sura.

Leveling Sura: you must keep buffs up, which you have to get used to. Once you do, the pace of leveling is the same as RK.
Leveling RG: Overbrand is a good skill, but if you are too close to the target the skill may miss. Kaahi/Reflect still useful for now.

Hopefully, we will have a free one time skill/stat reset again if the nerfs make current builds completely useless and most classes are left with only one good build for their class.

RG's Reflect should be nerfed in pvp/woe maps, not pvm. Same for PPA and Exceed Break pvp/woe map nerf only, not pvm.
Sura's Cursed Circle should take up more spheres, so no Gfist after using lv5 CC.

#15 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:08 PM

RG = Tank/Killer/Breaker/Spell-Caster/PvP/MVP

As my main, I always abuse his capabilities /no1

Edit: I have also 150 Sura from Champ, played longest in-game for yrs but Im having more fun w/my RG so I made him as my main since Renewal.

Even hes getting a lot of nerfs, still = RG

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 27 October 2011 - 10:12 PM.

#16 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:23 PM

@GuardianTK:
No they nerffed DD's crystalization chance. You guys forget that this thing is reduced by Vit. Currently it is ~40% chance with 0 vit reduced to ~20% with 100 vit. The nerf will make it ~10% with 100 vit.

RG's remain a very good class. Most ppl are just over exagerating their nerfs. You can still reflect level just not with 1 int and only moony dagger.

#17 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:28 PM

RG :(

Hayroh :thumb:

#18 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:54 PM

When i can use MVP cards my RG essentially turns into a superpowered stormblaster. Otherwise I dont bother playing it.

#19 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

@GuardianTK:
No they nerffed DD's crystalization chance. You guys forget that this thing is reduced by Vit. Currently it is ~40% chance with 0 vit reduced to ~20% with 100 vit. The nerf will make it ~10% with 100 vit.

RG's remain a very good class. Most ppl are just over exagerating their nerfs. You can still reflect level just not with 1 int and only moony dagger.

So I was correct in saying that Crystallization chance is getting a nerf. ;/ For a second there, I was hoping I was wrong about it too.

#20 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

Really? That's pretty gay. It doesn't mention anything about chance, other than the 5 + 5 * skill level. Vit reduces only duration, according to the post.

40% would mean that it'd have to GAIN % from 0 vit.

#21 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

my rg has < 30 str and no killing skills, be a real rg and sac

Edited by Andini, 28 October 2011 - 09:52 AM.

#22 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

my rg has < 30 str and no killing skills, be a real rg and sac

I wanna see more Sac RG's. ; - ;

#23 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:56 AM

I wanna see more Sac RG's. ; - ;

My RG knows sacrifice but there's never a use for it.
I level alone. If I do a turn-in, people walk all over the place and do whatever they want.
It's hard to stay in range of a group of people.

Not to mention the sacrifice level range is 10 levels and not 15.
Doesn't make sense.

#24 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

@GuardianTK:

again you are posting wrong!!!!!!!!!!

THE MAGICAL DEFENSE ITS THE NEW STAT RESSITANCE AND VIT REDUCE THE TIME YOU ARE IN THAT STATE

#25 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

At least post evidence if u say I am wrong. Magic def rests and reduces the duration of Frozen and Stone Curse. Read kro 04/06/11 patch notes. Crystalization has always been resisted and reduced by VIT and remains so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users