• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mauveispurple

mauveispurple

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:17 PM

Hey there. I recently began playing RO again after going on hiatus for several years. With Renewal in, my friend and I decided to make a fresh start with me playing a support Int/Vit acolyte and him playing a Agi/2H Sword Knight.

He wants to skip Lord Knight and immediately go to Rune Knight as soon as we hit 99/50, and I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to do the same and skip High Priest and directly go to Arc Bishop.

I'm really, really going to miss my Assumptio, though. Is it worth it?
The mass buffs/high heals and whatnot from Arc Bishop sounds pretty damn awesome, but if I go straight to Arc Bishop, then I'll miss out on Assumptio - right?

I'm a little confused about job changes right now! Please offer me some assistance. Thank you in advance!

#2 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:32 PM

Hey there. I recently began playing RO again after going on hiatus for several years. With Renewal in, my friend and I decided to make a fresh start with me playing a support Int/Vit acolyte and him playing a Agi/2H Sword Knight.

He wants to skip Lord Knight and immediately go to Rune Knight as soon as we hit 99/50, and I was wondering if it would be a good idea for me to do the same and skip High Priest and directly go to Arc Bishop.

I'm really, really going to miss my Assumptio, though. Is it worth it?
The mass buffs/high heals and whatnot from Arc Bishop sounds pretty damn awesome, but if I go straight to Arc Bishop, then I'll miss out on Assumptio - right?

I'm a little confused about job changes right now! Please offer me some assistance. Thank you in advance!

Forget Assumptio, since we got the renewal mechanic, defense isn't useful as it was before.

Your friend will be missing Clashing Spiral, which is like the backbone of soloing. He needs to be very geared for everything else without it.

You on the other hand will be missing major SP regeneration from Medatio. Assumptio has no party buff version (Except as usable scroll items), but casting Praefation is more prefered.

#3 mauveispurple

mauveispurple

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

All right! Thanks for the response - I wasn't expecting one so fast.

After talking it out with him, we've decided to go through trans class. Thank you kindly for the words of wisdom... To be honest, I always thought Clashing Spiral was a Spear-only skill. It's probably why we didn't really see the big deal in skipping LK.

Outta curiosity though, what's it like to go from Trans to 3rd? Do we go through the rebirth process again?

DX; Sorry, such a n00b now.

#4 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

After talking it out with him, we've decided to go through trans class. Thank you kindly for the words of wisdom... To be honest, I always thought Clashing Spiral was a Spear-only skill. It's probably why we didn't really see the big deal in skipping LK.

Outta curiosity though, what's it like to go from Trans to 3rd? Do we go through the rebirth process again?

CS are for swords too! Also, sorry for the late reply, but that last message was before I went to bed.

Going from 99/50 or 99/70 to Third class is like going from First to Second. You lose all job bonus stats (You're given a green apple ring accessory to compensate the lost stats while you get your job level back), and your job level goes back to 1.

What I suggest, if possible: Once you're 99/50 your first time, start the third job change and do it up to before you become Third Class. Rebirth before you complete it and once you get to 99/70, complete the quest. Instant Job Change!

//Note: I haven't tested this because I only just heard that it was possible. Ask on the main forum about it to be safe.

What server do you play on? Maybe I can spoil you guys a little with the levelling process. Add name too!

#5 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

Glad your gonna go through trans class. Skipping it would of been a total wasted character in my opinion. More stat points and 25% more HP and SP should not be ignored. Lord knights clashing spiral does work with swords too and the damage is godly (till the near balance patch kicks in where it will be nurfed) but they also have other useful skills too like spear dynamo(instant +50hit is great) aura blade for more damage is love, parry is useful too, high priest assumptio is still good somewhat. I believe you can reach pre-renewals assumptio effect if you can get around 300 armor defence.

Well anyway as to your last question its more like doing your job changing from first class to 2nd (quiz or battle or finding item or waiting or enduring, etc)

#6 mauveispurple

mauveispurple

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

Just got back from class!

Thanks so much for all of your wonderful advice. I feel like we woulda really been regretting our actions had we gone through with our original plan.

Thanks for the 'Renewal' related tips, too. I had no idea so much stat/skill changes took place, rofl. I'm glad to hear I won't be needing to go through High Novice for a second time, too. To be honest, we were really nervous about going through Trans because we were so sure that we'd have to do the whole rebirth thing all over again. xD;

Also, I play on the Yggdrasil server. :v
My IGN is "Julia Hart" and my friend and I have no idea where to level. xD

#7 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

How you lvl now is you have to be fighting monsters in your lvl range now. Best exp a monster can give you is 10 lvls above you. You can fight as high as 15 lvls above you but if you fight over 15 or under 15 lvl different the exp is craptastic. You can somewhat figure out the lvls of each map when you open up the world map.

#8 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

How you lvl now is you have to be fighting monsters in your lvl range now. Best exp a monster can give you is 10 lvls above you. You can fight as high as 15 lvls above you but if you fight over 15 or under 15 lvl different the exp is craptastic. You can somewhat figure out the lvls of each map when you open up the world map.

You don't have to follow my list, but sadly I play on Valkyrie. The places I mentioned are the fastest way to 99, but may require support (Which evidently you are one, but you may need outside help of an Priest/AB).

1-15 = Training Ground Monsters / Payon Field 2 (Boa /Spore/Wormtail) / Morroc Field 18 (Scorpion)

15-28 = Payon Dungeon Floor 1&2
-------------------------------
15+ = Zombie / Poporing / Skeleton / Familiar
19+ = Skeleton Soldier *Need Support, and Only if you feel 26-28 is slow*

28-36 = Babylon Dungeon Floor 1&2
---------------------------------
28+ = Marina / Kukre / Plankton / Hydra
30+ = Vadon
33+ = Cornutus

36-49 = Orc Dungeon Floor 1&2
=============================
36+ = Orc Zombie / Orc Skeleton / Drainliar
39+ = Zenorc *Need Support, and Only if you feel 40-49 is slow. Watch for Orc Archers!*

49-58 = Sohee (Payon Dungeon Floor 4)

58-65 = Geographers (Juno Field 12)

65-83 = Glast Heim Church (Evil Druid/Wraith/Mimic)
65-90 = Juno Field 7 (Goat/Harpy/Grand Peco) *THIS IS FOR CLASSES THAT CAN MOB AND AOE KILL*

73-83 = Clock Tower Upper Floor 3 (Alarms)

83-88 = Rachel Field 12 (Roween/Anopheles) *65+ Dex Recommended*
83-88 = Ice Dungeon Floor 1 (Siroma)
83-95 = Glast Heim Churchyard (Dark Priest) *Watch for Dark Lord*

88-95 = Nogg Road Floor 1 (Everything)
90-99 = Nogg Road Floor 2 (Everything) *Requires a party for effective leveling*

95-99 = Veins Field 3 (Magmaring/Muscipular/Drosera)

Well I used these one or more of these routes for my 13 characters always having a AB beside me, good luck!

#9 mauveispurple

mauveispurple

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

That explains why leveling at wolves sucked so hard at when me and my partner were low-leveled. xD Thanks for the friendly advice. Hopefully I can look up monster levels if some maps get too crowded.

You don't have to follow my list, but sadly I play on Valkyrie. The places I mentioned are the fastest way to 99, but may require support (Which evidently you are one, but you may need outside help of an Priest/AB).

1-15 = Training Ground Monsters / Payon Field 2 (Boa /Spore/Wormtail) / Morroc Field 18 (Scorpion)

15-28 = Payon Dungeon Floor 1&2
15+ = Zombie / Poporing / Skeleton / Familiar
19+ = Skeleton Soldier *Need Support, and Only if you feel 26-28 is slow*

28-36 = Babylon Dungeon Floor 1&2
28+ = Marina / Kukre / Plankton / Hydra
30+ = Vadon
33+ = Cornutus

36-49 = Orc Dungeon Floor 1&2
36+ = Orc Zombie / Orc Skeleton / Drainliar
39+ = Zenorc *Need Support, and Only if you feel 40-49 is slow. Watch for Orc Archers!*

49-58 = Sohee (Payon Dungeon Floor 4)

58-65 = Geographers (Juno Field 12)

65-83 = Glast Heim Church (Evil Druid/Wraith/Mimic)
65-90 = Juno Field 7 (Goat/Harpy/Grand Peco) *THIS IS FOR CLASSES THAT CAN MOB AND AOE KILL*

73-83 = Clock Tower Upper Floor 3 (Alarms)

83-88 = Rachel Field 12 (Roween/Anopheles) *65+ Dex Recommended*
83-88 = Ice Dungeon Floor 1 (Siroma)
83-95 = Glast Heim Churchyard (Dark Priest) *Watch for Dark Lord*

88-95 = Nogg Road Floor 1 (Everything)
90-99 = Nogg Road Floor 2 (Everything) *Requires a party for effective leveling*

95-99 = Veins Field 3 (Magmaring/Muscipular/Drosera)

Well I used these one or more of these routes for my 13 characters always having a AB beside me, good luck!

Ahh.. such a shame that you're on Valkyrie, but I'm glad you still provided the list. :( Thanks! I'll show this to my friends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users