NeroCelta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

Ok I am a little slow on the upkeep. I just started play IRO again not too long ago and i have notice that there was and old RK sprite that was change to the new sprite. now this my be incredibly controversial but I like the old RK sprite and I was wondering if there was any way to change it back via Kafia or something in game. I am going to sill keep playing the game even if I have to stomach the new sprite because it's not that bad but I prefer the old one
Thanks

#2 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

Some people have asked that there be an option to choose between the two (many of them in much less reasonable ways than NeroCelta) and some people had believed that the new sprite would be optional, however as it is right now, that doesn't seem to be possible.

Personally I would have preferred it be an "option" but that would require a costume sort of deal with multiple different sprite options. That would have been an item mall thing, and only 1 class would have the option. I think this sprite is closer to what was originally intended but failed due to timelines.

I am not sure how possible having the old one would be for individuals. We will see about a costume sort of option with HQ to see if they are interested in such a possibility.

Edited by morphine, 28 October 2011 - 01:49 AM.

#3 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:45 AM

Old or new they're both ugly.

#4 NeroCelta

NeroCelta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:13 AM

Oooh well Guess I just have to deal ha ha

#5 ShionTheBlack

ShionTheBlack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:58 AM

I'm still hoping that Heim can get something worked out with a costume solution. I'd pay a small amount for the option of using the old sprite.

#6 NeroCelta

NeroCelta

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:03 AM

I'm still hoping that Heim can get something worked out with a costume solution. I'd pay a small amount for the option of using the old sprite.

Agreed

#7 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

kRO would have to make an additional set of sprites since the lion mount uses the new RK sprite, and I seriously doubt kRO would waste time and effort for pocket change.

Edited by Alca, 29 October 2011 - 01:13 PM.

#8 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:58 PM

Just go into the GRF and swap the spr/act files with the old versi-

...You didn't hear anything.

I doubt we'll ever see the old sprite from kRO again, except for the NPCs who are still floating around in the old armor.

#9 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 29 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

kRO would have to make an additional set of sprites since the lion mount uses the new RK sprite, and I seriously doubt kRO would waste time and effort for pocket change.

Comparing the new&lion with old&dragon sprites, I doubt that would remotely be a big deal.

At one point (before new RK sprites were released anywhere) it was said that the other 3rd classes would get second sprites sometime afterwards.
Was really looking forward to that but after the new RK sprite simply replaced the old one without even being a kafra shop item, it was clear that this idea was scrapped :thumb:

There isn't much character look customisation, and by now, everyone has picked classes that have grown on them over the past 7 years or so, which is half of the time resulting in dislike of the suddenly drastically different sprite of it's 3rd class. Getting to pick between 2 looks per class would have been really sweet at this point.

I also felt the old RK had a unique sprite, with the new probably being the only 3rd class now that looks similar to its previous class.

If at least there was around 10 cloth dyes for each class, which would be easily doable... but this are all small details that dont get real attention now, and in general.

#10 Alca

Alca

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

The Old RK sprite imo was a failed concept. The visual appeal of a trench coat is that it "floats" when walking. The RK sprite however has it's trench coat glued to it's butt, making it look pretty appalling. Moreover, They had giant crystals over their shoulders/hands, which had no real connection to their runes, other than "looking" magical. The 14.1 RK sets show the new RK sprite with Runes embedded at the shoulder area and some other minor areas, which is why I actually like the new look.

I admit being unique on RO is a life & death matter to others, but RO is an MMORPG, and gameplay content matters so much more over looking like one kawaii mother-_-er.

It would "probably" not be in kRO Gravity's interest to waste time on making an extra set of sprites right now. Their focus would probably be on improving or adding end-game content, introducing 2nd classes for ninja/gunslinger/taekwon branch, and trying to fix class balance, something they've failed on doing since the beginning of renewal.

Edited by Alca, 29 October 2011 - 06:06 PM.

#11 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1244 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Why so many negatives for telling the truth? Take a look at the RK dragon and compare it with the RG griffin. Tell me how ugly the fat dragon is compared to the awesome clean beautiful looking griffin?

Real talk don't hate.

#12 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:37 PM

No, just no. :dunno:

0 user(s) are reading this topic