Which KVM weapon, Glorious Jamadhar or Glorious Bloody Roar? - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Which KVM weapon, Glorious Jamadhar or Glorious Bloody Roar?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bladefox

Bladefox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

Which one would you get if you could get only one? I'm leaning towards the Jamadhar, but for leveling the bloody roar seems superior...but will it be useless at max level....

#2 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:07 AM

Well it depends on whether or not you're going up againgst Demi human targets with high defense or not. Given how defense is like in renewal I don't see many Demi human monsters or players with really high defense for the def bypass to really be effective, so I'd go glorious jamadhar over the glorious bloody roar.

#3 Bladefox

Bladefox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

The weird thing is no matter my gear setup according to iroWiki's Renewal calculator the bloody roar beats out the Jamadhar vs. every monster. Also the bloody roar would also effect skill usage making it even more superior for skill spamming.

Of course that calculator has proven it's bad at combat simulation because it's always off, not much else to go off of though.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

Jamadhar = Pure critical build

Bloody Roar = Hybrid Double Attack build

Being a Hybrid GX is better because their damage is so much more consistent because two instances of attacks happen when they attack, double attack, and if that doesn't trigger, a critical. They also make excellent Emp breakers.

#5 Bladefox

Bladefox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

I bought bloody roar, so do you always wear chick hat? Bloodied shackle ball / shackles combo?

What's the proper build to use? I've never tried hybrid double attack before. Thanks for any help.

If you want to keep your build secret I understand but maybe you would consider PM'ing me it, we don't play on the same server so it shouldn't hurt you in WoE.

Not that I even WoE right now.

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:20 PM

I bought bloody roar, so do you always wear chick hat? Bloodied shackle ball / shackles combo?

What's the proper build to use? I've never tried hybrid double attack before. Thanks for any help.

If you want to keep your build secret I understand but maybe you would consider PM'ing me it, we don't play on the same server so it shouldn't hurt you in WoE.

Not that I even WoE right now.

Well if you want to Double Attack, yes, a Snake/Chick Hat is mandatory. Bloody Shackle Ball+Shackles is a good acc combo but Medal of Honor x2 or Rogue Treasure x2 aint't shabby either.

You would build it similarly to a critical GX maintainining a 25 base crit (70+ luck) and try to get 40 from equips.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 03 November 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#7 Bladefox

Bladefox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:06 AM

I think I understand, bought a chick hat and gave it a test, not sure if I like it but it's too late to turn back now. I'm wearing 2x Rogue Treasure's, I'm at 50 critical on my character spreadsheet. So I could probably take both of them off or just one. Was thinking of using the Cold Heart combo since I'm going to need to get my weapon highly upgraded anyway. That or the RoFL combo for fun but that's something else entirely I want to play with.

The main thing I was concerned about is I need higher dex for this right? I'm sitting around 30 dex and 70 luk.

#8 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

I think I understand, bought a chick hat and gave it a test, not sure if I like it but it's too late to turn back now. I'm wearing 2x Rogue Treasure's, I'm at 50 critical on my character spreadsheet. So I could probably take both of them off or just one. Was thinking of using the Cold Heart combo since I'm going to need to get my weapon highly upgraded anyway. That or the RoFL combo for fun but that's something else entirely I want to play with.

The main thing I was concerned about is I need higher dex for this right? I'm sitting around 30 dex and 70 luk.

For WoE, 30 DEX is fine since Flee is cut by 1/2. If the double attack doesn't trigger, the critical will proc instead, so it's a win-win situation.

For PvM, you may want to get 40-50 DEX if you want to hit monsters with Double Attack consistently.

#9 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

Jamadhar = Pure critical build

Bloody Roar = Hybrid Double Attack build

Being a Hybrid GX is better because their damage is so much more consistent because two instances of attacks happen when they attack, double attack, and if that doesn't trigger, a critical. They also make excellent Emp breakers.

dunno why you categorized them like that...bloody roar doesn't mean you need to DA since +7 little feather is much better than snake/chick hat. with sabbath set(14.1) there wont be much different for both katar crit dmg vs demi-human. And bloody roar will get more benefit with balancing patch. The right way to categorized them is

jamadhar = better crit damage for PVE. still decent choice for skill usage in pvp/woe because of slaughter bonus.

bloody roar = better damage overall for pvp/woe. still decent choice for PVE because of 193 aspd.

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:59 AM

dunno why you categorized them like that...bloody roar doesn't mean you need to DA since +7 little feather is much better than snake/chick hat. with sabbath set(14.1) there wont be much different for both katar crit dmg vs demi-human. And bloody roar will get more benefit with balancing patch. The right way to categorized them is

jamadhar = better crit damage for PVE. still decent choice for skill usage in pvp/woe because of slaughter bonus.

bloody roar = better damage overall for pvp/woe. still decent choice for PVE because of 193 aspd.

If you know the perma-Power Maximize Trick, Double Attack setup is much more consistent in damage. You also don't have to rely on Sabbath gear which makes you almost like a glass cannon. I mentioned earlier, GXes must also learn how to play Emp Breaker in WoE because they are also good with it and a double attack setup is really preferred over anything else. Also, if you're attacking other GXes or any builds with high Luck, don't expect criticals to trigger all the time unless you're in Gloria or something. That's why Hybrids are so much better than pure crits.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 07 November 2011 - 06:07 AM.

#11 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:56 AM

lol stop joking, it's not perma. im still new on GX in WoE, but if you're not dying in WoE, then ygg WoE must have been really dull. i would love to see how ygg woe is but too bad i never see any video of it.

you must really have no idea how awesome sabbath is. +7lfh and the set already 70% crit damage increase which is 238%. even if you don't expect crit to trigger all the time 200% dps vs 150% dps is pretty huge. im not saying that i'll definitely switch to sabbath over glorious once it's out but with a lot of skill have been nerf, and more people not wearing their glorious+variant+nid...it's worth to try. you kill faster, you can backslide/cloak faster.

about the crit shield thing, with 50 crit, you still have 86 chance to crit. it's not a big deal. and I'm sure any GX already learn how to switch to chick head when attacking emp :Emo_18:

#12 Bladefox

Bladefox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:14 AM

I've been having a lot of buyers remorse with the GBR. GJ +20% critical seems to apply to all mobs while the armor penetration is only applying to demi-humans. Kinda sucks but I guess it's too late to change my mind.

I thought I'd be more versatile and maybe the character will be when skills get buffed but yeah at the moment I think +20% crit to everything and the +9 aspd would have been better.

#13 SPKEY

SPKEY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

IMO BR. after balance patch, it will have more uses because various skills get buffed..

#14 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:29 AM

Having tested both on the same char, I'm sticking with the glorious jama for general purposes. The glorious bloody roar seems cooler overall but unless you're up against something with a lot of defense the jamadhar actually has more potential.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users