Steps to consider when trading - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Steps to consider when trading

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:35 AM

Oda
The suspensions that we do for receiving illegal zeny are in three cases

1. Player receives a direct trade or mail of zeny from a novice account created solely to hold onto mass amounts of botted zeny

2. Player creates a bogus vend selling a trash item for hundreds of millions of zeny to try to hide an illegal money transfer

3. Player uses a dummy account to receive the bought zeny and moves it to his "clean" account

We don't suspend accounts for innocent transactions that the players would not have know are using illegal zeny.

This (and facebook) is not the place to discuss an account's suspension.

1. Never deal with novices ( if you dont think something is suspicious when you see a novice dealing you 2 bill to buy your mp card, i think you are asking for it out of sheer smartness :dunno: )
2. never get zeny mailed to you by unknown people. oh hey this can bee seen as an exploit by some ppl to get others banned by mailing them illegal millions. kinda like some one stashing dope in your room. call the cops first before some one does it on you. i.e inform the gms first before they get a chance to point fingers. i.e don't be greedy if some one even mis - mails you a lot of zeny.There is no lottery system in RO. only nigerian prince ( sic) to get you banned.
3. So all people vending non slotted gears for the price of slotted gears and trying to sell blue 0 cards instead of blue O cards ( BOO set) and things like that, beware your scams will get you into bigger trouble and i pray that they do .

What else can be added as a cautionary step/check to avoid falling prey to such illegal trades even by mistake.

#2 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:57 AM

ropd,forums and the usual old fashioned asking around does serve its bit in verifying the buyer at least to some extent.
Edit:
But i don't think there is any actual way of really knowing if the buyer's zeny is legit , except for the gms

We don't suspend accounts for innocent transactions that the players would not have know are using illegal zeny.

don't know what exactly qualifies as innocent transaction. ? sale of items worth 1-2 bill or half a bill or any amount of trade.

Edited by Zinja, 31 October 2011 - 05:03 AM.

#3 Lostie

Lostie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:13 AM

3. So all people vending non slotted gears for the price of slotted gears and trying to sell blue 0 cards instead of blue O cards ( BOO set) and things like that, beware your scams will get you into bigger trouble and i pray that they do .

I don't think that's even a bannable offense unless the seller intentionally does a false advertisement on their shop title. I would fault the buyer's stupidity for not being attentive to the things they pay for.

#4 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:20 AM

I don't think that's even a bannable offense unless the seller intentionally does a false advertisement on their shop title. I would fault the buyer's stupidity for not being attentive to the things they pay for.

check out Eden second floor, the number of people trying to pass off a 0 for a O blue card.. and yes we are taking about people intentionally scamming with false advertisement . Deceiving others is never a good thing , and should not be without consequences

Edit: for instance With 2-3 venders selling a marc card for 7mil a 4th one comes up right under their nose selling it for 4 mil whilst the actual price of marse card is 200k-500k doesn't need an actual name on the shop for it.

Edited by Zinja, 31 October 2011 - 05:22 AM.

#5 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:32 AM

those are player valued items, you can sell those at whatever price u freaking want, market value can say whatever it wants but if you vend yours at whatever the price u want and if someone buys it thats there business, dont go to the gm crying omg ban this guy he vended me a marc card for 4m which ragial said it was 200-300k

#6 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:38 AM

Yeah that kind of puzzles me as to what the GM's consider a base or standard for market value of items.

2. Player creates a bogus vend selling a trash item for hundreds of millions of zeny to try to hide an illegal money transfer

@Asuki
What i was trying to illustrate was the concept and not the actual items or price.but let us say the difference is price crosses well over 50-80mil . what exactly is considered significant enough to matter as a scam on vend.

#7 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

Only trade main characters for big items.

Worry alot when you sell a 35m card for 95m cos its the only one vending and you wanted to rip off sone desperate nab......aka what i did today

#8 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:14 AM

For very high end stuff like MvP cards, try your best to get a GM to be the middleman between the trade.

#9 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

Just get a screenshot from a known player. Don't buy MVP cards from low level players who can't even prove they have the resources to legally acquire those cards.

#10 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:39 AM

Only trade main characters for big items.

Worry alot when you sell a 35m card for 95m cos its the only one vending and you wanted to rip off sone desperate nab......aka what i did today

now the difference here is about 55mil . one could argue that its base value was 35mil to start of with. it would be nice to have some clarity on how the gms value items price , based on what criterion. to deal with reports of scam or such.

@codface now if a zeny bot/RMT trader bought it of your vend for 95mil. what would be your situation now?
will you get banned because you aquired HUGE amount of illegal aquired zeny how does the price disparity figure into this.

#11 Boxinguru

Boxinguru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

They should have a reputation system. Right click someone and you can check their reputation. People should be able to leave comments as well.

#12 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

Too many trolls will play that. Don't like someone? Log in 50 chars to -50 rep that poor sod who afked to get dinner.

#13 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:59 AM

Bluh, now I feel like I need a photo ID, fingerprint scan, and a DNA sample before I do anything with trades. It makes me even more paranoid that I get gifted zenny from my guildmates because I'm a poor sucker.

#14 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:14 AM

Bluh, now I feel like I need a photo ID, fingerprint scan, and a DNA sample before I do anything with trades. It makes me even more paranoid that I get gifted zenny from my guildmates because I'm a poor sucker.

I'm gonna screenshot any trade deals I do and keep em for safety :dunno:

#15 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

gms may do odd things and have odd judgement at times, but they arent stupid. you dont have to worry about guildies sending you some zeny or doing trades of high value with people. use common sense and you will never have to worry. i know a bunch of ppl including myself that have mailed out decent sums of zeny as gifts to random people and have never been banned

to sum it all up: Don't be an idiot

Edited by Andini, 31 October 2011 - 09:44 AM.

#16 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

FYI if you have a transaction of 500m+ you can request a GM presence to over see the trade.

#17 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:37 AM

Wow if I always need GM presense to trade anything above 500m, half the time in-game I'll be waiting for GMs to come facilitate the trade.

It would take up a lot of 3 persons time. Why the hell is this happening anyway? Isn't there a better way to catch RMT than through us innocent people?

And btw, the closed threads, both of them, I know whats gonna happen. Joy, the customer service rep is gonna say "Decision is FINAL." And it will take days to receive a reply if any of them want to refute the claim. Disputes via support ticket sucks real bad once they say "Decision is FINAL". I think that's really overboard - locking up all threads. So these victims are treated like criminals with no avenue of fending for themselves besides a really frustrating, hard to reach out to and communicate with "support" team.

Its like blaming the rape victim that she dressed to seductively in rape cases.

Same scenario here. Blaming the victim who doesn't know anything that "you dealt with people u didn't know" - so you're in the wrong.

#18 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:40 AM

The problem I see here are those wpe sellers who might get dirty zeny from those trades. There are high lvl ppl with high lvl botfarms too.

#19 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 10:51 AM

Wow if I always need GM presense to trade anything above 500m, half the time in-game I'll be waiting for GMs to come facilitate the trade.

It would take up a lot of 3 persons time. Why the hell is this happening anyway? Isn't there a better way to catch RMT than through us innocent people?

And btw, the closed threads, both of them, I know whats gonna happen. Joy, the customer service rep is gonna say "Decision is FINAL." And it will take days to receive a reply if any of them want to refute the claim. Disputes via support ticket sucks real bad once they say "Decision is FINAL". I think that's really overboard - locking up all threads. So these victims are treated like criminals with no avenue of fending for themselves besides a really frustrating, hard to reach out to and communicate with "support" team.

Its like blaming the rape victim that she dressed to seductively in rape cases.

Same scenario here. Blaming the victim who doesn't know anything that "you dealt with people u didn't know" - so you're in the wrong.

I said you can request it, not that you had to. But its an insanely good idea to have them so you don't get screwed or get involved in an illegal transaction.

Those threads were closed because first of all they violated the rules and second they end up being a road to nowhere and full of unfair shots at Gravity staff in general based on nothing more than conspiracy theories which aren't constructive in the least. In reality these types of things are supposed to be handled privately and posting all that publicly like that particular person did won't help your case with the staff. FYI this person was spamming their facebook page as well as posting the same topic over and over again in EVERY section of the RO forums. And just to put your mind at ease, that case is being investigated I'm told and they will be hearing from them soon.

Edited by Inubashiri, 31 October 2011 - 10:52 AM.

#20 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:29 AM

I said you can request it, not that you had to. But its an insanely good idea to have them so you don't get screwed or get involved in an illegal transaction.

Those threads were closed because first of all they violated the rules and second they end up being a road to nowhere and full of unfair shots at Gravity staff in general based on nothing more than conspiracy theories which aren't constructive in the least. In reality these types of things are supposed to be handled privately and posting all that publicly like that particular person did won't help your case with the staff. FYI this person was spamming their facebook page as well as posting the same topic over and over again in EVERY section of the RO forums. And just to put your mind at ease, that case is being investigated I'm told and they will be hearing from them soon.

And just out of Sheer curiosity lets do take the same 500mil+ deals. How much is it going to cost us in terms of wpe/kp to get gm to help validate/certify the legitimacy of the trade.

Edited by Zinja, 31 October 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#21 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

And just out of Sheer curiosity lets do take the same 500mil+ deals. How much is it going to cost us in terms of wpe/kp to get gm to help validate/certify the legitimacy of the trade. Forgive me if i see if i fail to see and hear beyond the *Kaching* of the cash registers......

Uhh it costs nothing...mr bold and enlarge text personPosted Image

#22 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

Uhh it costs nothing...mr bold and enlarge text personPosted Image

aggreed -.-" that does look sucky but it serves the purpose of hilighting key points.

Also just think for a second the sheer volume of trades going on well over 500mil in an hour on a populated server like valk.if a majority of people were to make this kind of request .....

Edited by Zinja, 31 October 2011 - 09:26 PM.

#23 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

And just out of Sheer curiosity lets do take the same 500mil+ deals. How much is it going to cost us in terms of wpe/kp to get gm to help validate/certify the legitimacy of the trade. Forgive me if i see if i fail to see and hear beyond the *Kaching* of the cash registers......

I recently requested a GM oversee a trade for an MvP card, and I didn't have to pay a thing, so I don't know where you are coming from.

#24 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

I recently requested a GM oversee a trade for an MvP card, and I didn't have to pay a thing, so I don't know where you are coming from.

Value Added Services - over the Zeny limit trades.

Edit:
Or so i thought, i was pretty sure i had read it some where in the warp portal pages. i cant seem to find it though. was it in some terms and aggremts or some kind of extended vas?

where can i find the policy info on over the zeny limit trades

Edited by Zinja, 31 October 2011 - 09:28 PM.

#25 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 11:37 AM

aggreed -.-" that does look sucky but it serves the purpose of hilighting key points.

Also just think for a second the sheer volume of trades going on well over 500mil in an hour on a populated server like valk.if a majority of people were to make this kind of request .... there is no other way i see this heading down to.

I'm sorry but I fail to see the point of what you're trying to say?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users