When was vend cap increased - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

When was vend cap increased

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Prakz

Prakz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

I started playing RO a looong time ago. Like ancient times before 3rd classes, trans or even 2nd jobs. (back when you could dodge 20 monsters with no flee penalty and napalm beat splashed with full damage). The vend cap was 10 million for the longest time even up until I quit the game with the introduction of gonyrun.

Recently joined back 3 months ago and noticed the cap was raised to 100mil. Was wondering if this was done before renewal or after they brought in 3rd jobs?

(and they need to raise it again to 1B) :dunno:

#2 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

Before Renewal, don't ask me when exactly though, cause I simply don't know ^^

#3 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Long long long long time ago, I want to say 2004 or 2005?

#4 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

More 2005 I guess... than again I played on euRO so... don't know ^^

#5 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

it was 1b for a little while... but too much 'i sold multiple items for 1b+ total but i only have 2.1b on my character' so they reduced it to avoid cleaning up idiots problems... tho there are redundancies in place now to prevent that

#6 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

it was a few months after I joined in '04 I think.

Edited by Beyond, 31 October 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#7 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:25 AM

it was 1b for a little while... but too much 'i sold multiple items for 1b+ total but i only have 2.1b on my character' so they reduced it to avoid cleaning up idiots problems... tho there are redundancies in place now to prevent that

oh they actually fixed the problem as well? I figured they just re-lowered the vend cap and swept it under the rug lol. If there are actually safety checks in place now they should re-raise the limit, my previous protests to raising were based on Gravity failing to fix that old problem.

Can't remember exactly when but 2005 sounds about right.

*to GM's* Raising the limit would facilitate much greater trade in +9/10/11/12 weapons and armor, increasing the demand for HD ores *HINTHINT*

Edited by Hrothmund, 01 November 2011 - 04:26 AM.

#8 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

*to GM's* Raising the limit would facilitate much greater trade in +9/10/11/12 weapons and armor, increasing the demand for HD ores *HINTHINT*

+1 on this one i think its just reasonable to raise the cap to 200m.

#9 Gangstaz

Gangstaz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:13 AM

u can't increase limit like that

its capped at 8 figures now, u can't even put 100m coz that'll be 9 figures.

if they want to open up the limit, they have to add a an extra figure - and it'll expand to 999m. I don't think they can "cap" it at 200m.

#10 Prakz

Prakz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

Self vote for raising the cap on vending. ( although I don't know if it's something the gms can do, might have to be done from kRo)

#11 Riener

Riener

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:21 PM

I personally would like to see, a Storage/Bank Tab type thing, where you could store something like Zeny, or make it possible to have Zeny take up storage spots (to facilitate trading zeny between characters through storage type), and then when you could vend they could increase the vending limit back to 9 digits, and would allow for someone to have the overflow jump into the storage, or just have it all like "Wired/direct deposited" into the storage account.

Making RO move into a "credit card phase", and hell they could even do some sort of monthly zeny fee or something to allow players to have a Kafra Bank Account, and would also serve as a zeny sink, I figure something like this would work out well, possibly even get to the point where you could more or less "Write a check" for a large valued item.

The fee could be based off of the amount of zeny in it, like if you had under
1m the fee would be miniscule something like .01% (5k)
over 1m but under 10m could get up to like .05% (50k)
over 10 under 100m something like .1% (100k)
over 100m under 1b something like .5% (5m)
over 10b would be like 1%? (100m)

or even like set amounts of like 5k, 50k 100k 1m and 50m or something from each of the same brackets

different tax brackets! lol. but in all honesty over 10b in the bank account would drop 100m a month, might seem a bit hefty, but then they'd also have to try and figure something out, where it wouldn't completely be like on a certain day, cause then people would be able to pull all of their money out the day before or whatever to avoid the fee.

I personally would like to see something like this implemented, so it'd be easier to deal with things vends and what not and it would allow for not changing the amount of zeny characters can hold (which I'm sure there is some good reason for that, unknown to me)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users