My rant about Suras - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

My rant about Suras

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 ButtardToast

ButtardToast

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • LocationProntera
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

So here I am taking time out of my busy schedule to let you and maybe a few other people know that Sura's lackeys do not concern themselves much with the people around them. Let me make clear what is foremost on my mind and what the focus of this letter will be: Sura is typical of deranged money-worshippers in its wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize its generalizations. When a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that Sura stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that as long as the beer keeps flowing and the paychecks keep coming, its helots don't really care that many people who follow its complaints have come to the erroneous conclusion that those who disagree with it should be cast into the outer darkness, should be shunned, should starve. The truth of the matter is that the one thing that's central to all of Sura's noisome beliefs is a desire to treat anyone who doesn't agree with Sura to a torrent of vitriol and vilification. I call this the New Maoism. The old Maoism was concerned only with making us dependent on egocentric, brutal slubberdegullions for political representation, economic support, social position, and psychological approval. Although that was bad enough, the cry of "bigot" is raised mostly by bigots. Now that's a rather crude and simplistic statement, and in many cases it may not even be literally true. But there is a sense in which it is generally true, a sense in which it clearly expresses how Sura is not your average neurotic, insane mobocrat. It's the deluxe model. As such, it's poised to undermine the intellectual purpose of higher education some day.

We mustn't let Sura muster enough force to make our lives a living hell. That would be like letting serve as a new national police force in Italy. I don't get it: Will peeling back the onion of Sura's detestable, oleaginous bons mots cause Sura to shed tears or will it merely enhance its desire to dupe people into believing that it is beyond reproach? I mean, I am reminded of the quote, "Its childish 'Mine! Mine! Mine! Now! Now! Now!' attitude makes me think that maybe censorious polemics can't even agree among themselves as to how juvenile Sura is." This comment is not as mawkish as it seems because if I had to choose between chopping onions and helping Sura dispense outright misinformation and flashlight-under-the-chin ghost stories, I'd be in the kitchen in an instant. Although both alternatives make me cry, the deciding factor for me is that the concepts underlying Sura's snooty sound bites are like the Ptolemaic astronomy, which could not have been saved by positing more epicycles or eliminating some of the more glaring discrepancies. The fundamental idea�??that the heavens revolve around the Earth�??was wrong, just as Sura's idea that society is screaming for its calumnies is wrong. Dichotomous thinking has stymied Sura's ability to reach solutions. There; my ranting is finished.

Edited by ButtardToast, 31 October 2011 - 08:40 PM.

#2 LemnzestManatee

LemnzestManatee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 455 posts
  • Server:RO2 Odin ch. 5

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:44 PM

Ummm...what?

#3 Beyond

Beyond

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationThe Cloud
  • Server:Loki -> Ymir -> Chaos

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way about Sura's. Personally Suras have been rather nice to me when they run me over nor have attitude or ill will.

It isn't really the Sura's that are the problem but the players behind them. Suras are a powerful class which tends to grab everyone's attention with their high damage output. You'll find alot of arrogant players behind a majority of classes in game. I'm sure if many of us had Suras and were having a bad day, would be probably running into PvP/WoE and try to bring others to how your level with overkill.

Best advice would be not to hate the player or the game. Just simply enjoy it :dunno:

Edited by Beyond, 31 October 2011 - 09:00 PM.

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:29 PM

Suras are just drunk shirtless men who are imitating Goku from DBZ. Leave them alone.

#5 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:27 AM

http://www.pakin.org/complaint

#6 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:36 AM

Suras are just drunk shirtless men who are imitating Goku from DBZ. Leave them alone.

u mean something like this?? (its in spanish from mexico)

:dunno: pretty funny~

Edited by wonka, 01 November 2011 - 12:38 AM.

#7 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:57 AM

-1 for classism.

#8 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:11 AM

When there is not a single week that someone cannot but to post about sura then something is wrong.

#9 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:34 AM

+1 lol. :dunno:

#10 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:59 AM

Ill admit suras are strong compared to alot of classes. BUT that is their job they are the ones that are supposed to be able to handle the Rune Knights when No back up it coming.That said people only complain when they are on the receiving side of double meg sura and you cannot judge a class by damage alone.

#11 JeffereyParker

JeffereyParker

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:09 AM

I really hate having to write something irrelevant to the post, but I just can't find any other way. Am I the only one that whenever I try to get to Ragnarok community chat page, a black page with message from IDC movement at 25th saying forum is being updated still showing? I mean this post is clearly on RCC site, and every other site beside RCC in warpportal I can access (ex. class discussion, etc) but not RCC and I have no idea how or what's wrong with it. I just want to confirm this is something that only I'm experiencing so I can turn in ticket without having to worry about late realization of something like "oh it's not just you" or "all you have to do is change this setting". Btw, I was somehow able to access this post by clicking on that column next to each site of warpportal which shows the most recent post. I have no idea how the hell that worked, but it's not exactly helping, just irritating.

#12 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:12 AM

I really hate having to write something irrelevant to the post, but I just can't find any other way. Am I the only one that whenever I try to get to Ragnarok community chat page, a black page with message from IDC movement at 25th saying forum is being updated still showing? I mean this post is clearly on RCC site, and every other site beside RCC in warpportal I can access (ex. class discussion, etc) but not RCC and I have no idea how or what's wrong with it. I just want to confirm this is something that only I'm experiencing so I can turn in ticket without having to worry about late realization of something like "oh it's not just you" or "all you have to do is change this setting". Btw, I was somehow able to access this post by clicking on that column next to each site of warpportal which shows the most recent post. I have no idea how the hell that worked, but it's not exactly helping, just irritating.

Send it in a PM to Oda or some GM and I'm sure they can help you or at least tell you what's going on.
I I haven't experienced it myself, no =(

#13 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

Ill admit suras are strong compared to alot of classes. BUT that is their job they are the ones that are supposed to be able to handle the Rune Knights when No back up it coming.That said people only complain when they are on the receiving side of double meg sura and you cannot judge a class by damage alone.

No. No. No. NO.
NO!

That is highly unbalanced. Omg.
Every class should be able to hold their own well enough.
I'm not saying a Novice should be able to kill a Sura or anything, BUT
Saying Suras are to be the only option to killing RK's and [every other class] just makes Suras sound even more overpowered.

Suras can do just about everything.
Snap, warp, heal, buff, amazing OHKO, amazing AoE, debuff, tank, you name it.
They are highly versatile.

Did you watch RWC?
Notice how every team had a champion?
They were the main killers. Gfisting everything dead.
kRO had to go without a champion for a rematch and they lost.

#14 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:40 AM

My sura also can knit.

#15 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

In the next stage, suras will be nude, they actually don't wear anything now!

#16 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

See that is honestly the downside of the sura is because they lack overall AoE damage, unless you want to go tiger cannon build which only works out with 120 vit and a tao. As a sura i totally agree that Cursed Circle is the one thing that makes this class stupidly overpowered, as well i hope that they do something about this skill to put them on par with many of the other clases. The thing is that when the implimentation of the 10 second reuse delay of gfist comes into effect, I see many people quitting there suras because that was about the only skill that you can do reasonable damage without having insane gears. The simple reason that everyone posts qq threads about suras is actually quite simple. There are roughly 3 classes right now that you would want to put god items on for woe and those would be RK's, Genetics, and last but not least Suras.
Genetics are very hard to target and has great support skills along with being a great killer when well geared. RK's are nearly unstoppable with there runes, large hp pools and mainly storm blast (Because it can be cast through CC), But they dont quite have the momentum that suras or genetics have so there easily stopped/slowed down. Suras can do massive amounts of damage to single targets, amazing support getting rid of most skills with PP Cure and lets not forget about cursed circle. All in all Suras are the most versatile out of the 3 and they have almost no negative drawbacks such as Genetics with low hp pools and RKs not having the movement speed that a genetic or sura has.
Thats why i think if they made cursed circle not being able to stop entire guilds, then they can easily be over ran by 4-5 players because of there lack of AoE skills and preparation for attacking and maybe we wouldnt have the same discussion once every 3-4 days...

Oh yea I play a sura just because Gxs sprites suck and that was my only other trans.
Also who doesnt love a half naked man snapping all over the place?

Edited by MagicHands, 01 November 2011 - 10:12 AM.

#17 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

I'm tired of suras being the "hero" class.

Everyone's dying Oh no!! Get a sura in here preez!

#18 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:31 AM

Everyone's dying Oh no!! Get a sura in here preez!

bad people maybe talk like that.

Edited by Susan, 01 November 2011 - 10:32 AM.

#19 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:37 AM

Again, I quote:

#20 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

Ok ok, people settle down. No need to argue with each other

#21 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

Suras getting you down?
Really want to get back at 'em?

Next time a sura's trying to get in your TI party,
just tell em "no shirt, no shoes, no party"

Then make them show you their equipment to prove they are infact not shoeless and shirtless.

If you can't beat'em, troll'em.

#22 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:01 AM

Ok ok, people settle down. No need to argue with each other

? Who's arguing? xD Lol CJ

#23 SirDouglas

SirDouglas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 625 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Chaos(RE), Loki(Classic)

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:24 AM

Gravity developers are shura no toki anime fans.

#24 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

? Who's arguing? xD Lol CJ

trying to stop it before it starts. Some people are just waiting to start fights i can tell.

#25 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

I say we refocus the hate back to suras.

Ladies, please take your petty differences to another thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users