SC Botter in GH 1fl - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

SC Botter in GH 1fl

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:27 AM

We all know how the price of Carat Cart went off the roof (ymir server) due to its demand, so I decide to just try my luck and hunt. It doesn't bother me if I don't get one hunting for 2 hours, what's annoying is there is this Shadow Chaser female BOT which I assume is trying to farm Carat...it annoys the hell out of me.

Is there any way to please have character names appear when outside the city to make it easier to catch these botters in screen? I had the same problem a month ago at GH prison where a GX was also botting and I can't capture them in screen because as soon as they detect someone around they teleport.

It would make it easier to report these botters and easily get rid of them. Thank you! :dunno:

#2 Lelouch

Lelouch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:48 AM

I know exactly who you are referring to and I have reported that bot many time now for over a month...I reopened my ticket and gm say they are still investigating that shadow chaser..I think they are giving me the run around because a few months ago, I tried reporting a female mechanic and saw her again 2 months later doing the same thing in gh cas_01. Btw theres 2 3rd class botting on that map; the female shadow chaser and male mechanic. Both are dummy accts when I ropd them.

#3 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:47 AM

If you really so annoyed, you can take your time to catch it. Try getting a lot of fly wings or teleport clip and keep warping and walking just a bit around the each respawn spot until you see the bot and make him warp away. Eventually he will end up spawning in your field of view and in such cases it takes like 3-5 seconds for them to realise that you're there. That's when you can see and capture their names. It's even better if you got someone else willing to help you and doing the same thing (making the bot warp as much as possible) to make it faster and force bot to spawn beside one of you, so you or your friend will get the time to capture the name. I've catched quite a few bots like that. Good luck xD

I know exactly who you are referring to and I have reported that bot many time now for over a month...I reopened my ticket and gm say they are still investigating that shadow chaser..I think they are giving me the run around because a few months ago, I tried reporting a female mechanic and saw her again 2 months later doing the same thing in gh cas_01. Btw theres 2 3rd class botting on that map; the female shadow chaser and male mechanic. Both are dummy accts when I ropd them.

After a 2 months it could be unbanned already. Should have reported it again and then 2nd time they'd permaban it.

#4 Opusdei

Opusdei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNorth CA

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

If you really so annoyed, you can take your time to catch it. Try getting a lot of fly wings or teleport clip and keep warping and walking just a bit around the each respawn spot until you see the bot and make him warp away. Eventually he will end up spawning in your field of view and in such cases it takes like 3-5 seconds for them to realise that you're there. That's when you can see and capture their names. It's even better if you got someone else willing to help you and doing the same thing (making the bot warp as much as possible) to make it faster and force bot to spawn beside one of you, so you or your friend will get the time to capture the name. I've catched quite a few bots like that. Good luck xD

After a 2 months it could be unbanned already. Should have reported it again and then 2nd time they'd permaban it.

I appreciate the advice, but honestly as much as I want to help and catch these bastards, my playing time is limited as do i'm sure other players as well. I try to make the most of my playing time. I'm not trying to pin this on the GMs but this is their job to investigate and we as players and consumers can only do so much in game. That is why I'm requesting to have the names appear outside of the city, if its too complicated to do then just have it show everywhere, in this case it'll be easy to report people and there will be no need to waste time hunting these botters and enjoy the game itself.

Edited by Opusdei, 01 November 2011 - 03:26 AM.

#5 Kuwano

Kuwano

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:13 AM

I appreciate the advice, but honestly as much as I want to help and catch these bastards, my playing time is limited as do i'm sure other players as well. I try to make the most of my playing time. I'm not trying to pin this on the GMs but this is their job to investigate and we as players and consumers can only do so much in game. That is why I'm requesting to have the names appear outside of the city, if its too complicated to do then just have it show everywhere, in this case it'll be easy to report people and there will be no need to waste time hunting these botters and enjoy the game itself.

Well, I got family and work as well, but can't really leave the bots alone when I see them xD
As for your suggestion, it'd be cool if it's something optional and you can enable/disable it, but beleive me, no one is going to do this just because of warping bots or any kind of bots, all the more it's something that kRO must develop, and they don't have as much issues with bots as iRO, so I wouldn't count on this one. As for a GM's, it appears that their manpower is not enough to have time to entirely spend it on investigating every single field and dungeon unless someone will report particular bot on particular map. I don't know, if you can't catch it, try to PM one of GM's with map, time, class and headgear of the bot, even though you don't have his name.

#6 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:16 AM

@OP: lol your avatar xD

#7 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:45 AM

The GM Team is very limited so they cannot be online all the time to catch every single bot that is sent in. With all the updates coming (skill patch for example) the gm's time if limited. If you send in tickets just be patient they do all get read. If you feel that it isnt being read, send in another one stating so or pm a GM/CM here on the forums with your ticket number and maybe a screenshot of the bot in question.

With the Gm's so busy we as players need to help them as much as possible. So if you can screen shot these bots for them it would help them a lot more than just saying that it is their job to find them.

About your idea. Something like that has to be given to kRO for requesting. If they approve then it can be placed in the game. Even if they did send the idea it would take a while before we would find out whether it was approved or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users