WTF is this? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

WTF is this?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

who is this grandpa person that gives out these incredible turn ins? and what level do you have to be to do them? and how do you get eden merit badges? who do you give eden merit badges to? Its not fair to new players that everyone vends in Eden, trying to find a specific NPC with 200 other people in the room. Twice I couldn't find a turn in NPC because they were blocked by vendors.

#27 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

Grandpa stands sort of in front of the Eden Quest boards. He's hard to piss, since he has a QUEST bubble on him. You can start taking quests from him at level 70 (if level 70 quests are offered that week). You get Eden Merit Badges from him.

Edited by KataiKou, 01 November 2011 - 04:18 PM.

#28 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

who is this grandpa person that gives out these incredible turn ins? and what level do you have to be to do them? and how do you get eden merit badges? who do you give eden merit badges to? Its not fair to new players that everyone vends in Eden, trying to find a specific NPC with 200 other people in the room. Twice I couldn't find a turn in NPC because they were blocked by vendors.

Gramps is an old guy to the right when you come in (surrounded by a bunch of douchebags that cover him up)
He gives quests for players level 70-150, but the level ranges swap weekly between these levels.
Eden Merit Badges (EMB's) are rewarded to you for finishing a turn in and you get one EMB for completing the kill count of one monster-but you always have a choice to hunt two monsters. This means you can get 2 EMB per day OR if you use a reset stone on Gramps you can repeat a turn in without having to wait the 24h cool down. More EMB's that way I think.

There is a girl below the apostle warper in Eden on the first floor by the couches. Her name is Merry Badger and you can trade EMB's in to her for items such as battle manuals, reset stones, badges for PVP weapons, etc. She has a weekly "deal" as well.

Edited by Okii, 01 November 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#29 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

Pay2win, iRO can't surprise me anymore.

People still use money to buy reset stones? Thought Eden Merit Badges took care of that? Sure it costs 4 Eden Merit Badges to convert to one reset stone, but Eden badges aren't pay to obtain :dunno:.

I can understand that statement when it comes to armor and gear from Kafra Shop or lucky boxes based gears, items & etc that tend to beat out the in the game gears and items that awarded via quests, from guild treasure boxes to create god items or dropped by monsters.

#30 Bladefox

Bladefox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

I'm surprised there is anyone upset at the "paying part" of this.. You can spend Eden merit Badges to get Reset Stones, or get free from the Spooky Machine, or from other player vends.

I don't think anyone would ever need to buy them from the kafra shop unless they wanted to go really crazy with it one day. The price to reset may change one day, or the EBM turnin rate may change for reset stones, but not this week.

Thanks for confirming it's staying in heimdallr, now I can safely stock up a bit for the future. I think it's a great idea but I also understand why people who already 150'd are upset. Still improving the game from my point of view.

#31 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

in my opinion they're digging their own graves, instead of earning money, this will dramatically decrease the time it takes to get to max lvl, and the sooner they get one or more chars to max lvl, the earlier people will be bored of RO and go look for other games or things to do, and therfore stop spending money on RO.

Edited by Agahim, 01 November 2011 - 05:14 PM.

#32 Weeeelium

Weeeelium

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 452 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:08 PM

in my opinion they're digging their own graves, instead of earning money, this will dramatically decrease the time it takes to get to max lvl, and the sooner they get one or more chars to max lvl, the earlier people will be bored of RO and go look for other games or things to do, and therfore stop spending money on RO.

Other than lvling, there are many other things to do. Create a new char you fancy, doing Et with guild mats, killing mvps,working hard to get better equips, hanging out with your friends, get kvm weapon and i'm sure players themselves can think of more things to do.

This method can allow new players to be keen in playing and maybe attracting first timers as well.

#33 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:07 AM

Why do ppl complain of paying for the reset stones? Dnt you get half(2 eden badges) after you turn in?

#34 llzarrockll

llzarrockll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

I'm surprised there is anyone upset at the "paying part" of this.. You can spend Eden merit Badges to get Reset Stones, or get free from the Spooky Machine, or from other player vends.

I don't think anyone would ever need to buy them from the kafra shop unless they wanted to go really crazy with it one day. The price to reset may change one day, or the EBM turnin rate may change for reset stones, but not this week.

you are a wizard that practices the enchantment of awsome

#35 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:39 AM

I'm really enjoying this resetting TI.
Did 10 rounds of Thors today. -_-

#36 Greedity

Greedity

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:18 PM

Pay2win, iRO can't surprise me anymore.

seems this is route they're going in all games.

just come troll a bit and say hi to Maka that just visited us at Requiem forum.

P.S why you have soo manny volunters and we have none?
all 18+ come make account at Hammerine server and try out the game if you like blood, pk , drama.

Edited by Greedity, 02 November 2011 - 04:19 PM.

#37 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

I'm really enjoying this resetting TI.
Did 10 rounds of Thors today. -_-

Did 5 rounds of Niff TI. Easiest 10 job levels ever. -_-

#38 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:11 PM

Getting 150 is not an achievement. Why treat it like the holy grail?

#39 tioluko

tioluko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

Being 150 should be harder...

constant 2x exp events, turnins, 3xBMs already make that be easier, even still being hard, but that reset stone thing ISNT NEEDED (and actually, anyone that is doing turnins can have lots of resets easily)

That only makes the old and good leveling method disappear and make the turnins be the main patch to lvl literally.

I dont even have any 150s, im too far from it, I just like to enjoy the game, and making turnins the main method to lvl your character kinda ruins the fun of playing it.

Its a personal opinion, dont take it badly ppl
Sorry the bad english

Edited by tioluko, 02 November 2011 - 06:23 PM.

#40 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

Wow, you people are a bunch of whiners. First it's too hard to level, now it's too easy? Guuuuh.

#41 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:27 PM

It's a nice thing since I can party longer. But the nice thing, it's not the only option. During 2x, I went to Scaraba 2 and actually duo'd with someone there and it was excellent. The map was empty and the exp was amazing. I could have stayed there all day. Heck, I even want to go back with him even though there's no 2x and just chill. And today in Eden, I saw quite a few people recruiting for magma2 parties even though they can easily go to Niff and do TIs. And there's even people that make little groups for that little Overlooked Water Dungeon. People are still leveling normally. Even though the TIs have visibly taken over the game, regular leveling methods still exist. And who knows, you may find someone who wants to level the traditional way with you.

As for me, I've played for years and I've leveled chars the traditional way. My first 150 was leveled traditionally (after she got past 99/70 that is... let's pretend that she's not a baby of Troy/Dragonlabs/pre-Renewal item turnins) and so was a good chunk of my second 150. But that's a lot of work and after all that, I'm enjoying being able to level quickly to try out new characters and builds /and/ not have to do it all by myself.

Sadly, it does end up shoving characters to high levels without skill or proper gear (which is not fun to party with). But I guess since everyone is different, there's no 100% way to satisfy everybody. We've been spoiled with turnins before and now, it's probably too late to turn back completely.

#42 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:47 PM

And today in Eden, I saw quite a few people recruiting for magma2 parties even though they can easily go to Niff and do TIs. And there's even people that make little groups for that little Overlooked Water Dungeon. People are still leveling normally. Even though the TIs have visibly taken over the game, regular leveling methods still exist. And who knows, you may find someone who wants to level the traditional way with you.

I went to Niff 7 times today and Nogg twice -_-!
It's like... you're in a TI for a while and everyone knows they can reset so they're all like "brb turn in and reset" and then they come back.
We cycle out all the tards and end up with an amazing group that can go level elsewhere when it gets too crowded in Niff or if someone we like runs out of reset stones.
I actually donated my EMB reset stones to a few people today just to continue partying with them.
AND I ACTUALLY REMEMBER WHO THEY ARE NOW.

But with the constant turn ins... we need max level 200 and fourth class xD!
Bring it on, baby~!!

Edited by Okii, 02 November 2011 - 08:48 PM.

#43 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

hey I'd be ok with 4th las lv 200, but the complainers certainly wouldn't.

#44 tioluko

tioluko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:25 PM

Wow, you people are a bunch of whiners. First it's too hard to level, now it's too easy? Guuuuh.

Different people, different opinons. Learn to live with that^^

The world is pretty big, but half of the rag population is aways on Eden group and on TI maps xD (bots dont count as ppl)
My point is that making TI be the main lvling path isnt very nice, and that reset stone thing just make it "worse".

note: IM NOT AGAINST THE TIs, but i just dont like seeing the old way of hunting/lvling being totally forgotten xD

Edited by tioluko, 02 November 2011 - 11:36 PM.

#45 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:37 PM

Different people, different opinons. Learn to live with that^^

The world is pretty big, but half of the rag population is aways on Eden group and on TI maps xD (bots dont count as ppl)
My point is that making TI be the main lvling path isnt very nice, and that reset stone thing just make it "worse".

IM NOT AGAINT THE TIs, but i just dont like seeing the old way of hunting/lvling being totally forgotten xD

I agree with you here, and Eden group has become what leveling is in RO.
Still, I think it's fun... but just too easy. Huge boost of xp and you just fly through levels like mad.

I got from (trans) 90-97 82% and from job 52-69 82% in one day with the Niff turn in and resets (as well as job manuals)
All the boosting items and the turn ins make leveling so easy that people never really learn what the hell to do or wear in certain situations because all you do is either:
A. Pull
B. Heal/Buff
C. AoE spam
D. Attack things to seem useful

I don't know.. it's like, if turn ins went away, i would be upset with having to grind all the time..
But if turn ins stayed the way they are, I would feel like things are too easily accomplished..
BUT partying is a hell of a lot more fun now than it was before turn ins were reset-able because I see people multiple times a day and can get to know them as friends much better than I could before.

I'm torn Dx

Perhaps turn ins should be available once/twice a week with the resets. Only problem is, I know a lot of people play for them now and will most likely stock up on reset stones and only level during TI's regardless.

Edited by Okii, 02 November 2011 - 11:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users