Hmm A thought with GX Poison bottles - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Hmm A thought with GX Poison bottles

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:26 PM

Okay so since Shadow chasers are getting kicked in the nuts with this balance patch how about something useful. Lets take the GX poisons, Magic mushroom for example. If a person simply clicks the bottles and opens it how come they don't receive the status as if it were given by a GX? This would be a boost to the Shadow chaser allowing them to poison themselves and spread it to others with Deadly Infection. Before you start raging saying how stupid that is, It is still a draw back by being infected yourself and unable to cure it.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 01 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

No, I play a Chaser and even I don't agree with this.

This would mean a Chaser can inflict Leech End/Magic Mushroom on themselves outside a castle intentionally and then rush in and inflict Leech End/Magic Mushroom on anyone they touch before rushing back out. Poisoning yourself isn't necessarily a drawback if you're going to be able to affect a good portion of the enemy guild's people with it by yourself.

Edited by GuardianTK, 01 November 2011 - 12:49 PM.

#3 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:09 PM

True TK that would increase the need for a GX antidote in your guild and not have them always out alone. and they could make deadly infect a number of hits instead of a time limit that would balance that out

#4 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

True TK that would increase the need for a GX antidote in your guild and not have them always out alone. and they could make deadly infect a number of hits instead of a time limit that would balance that out

They're already nerfing it so you can't pass on Deadly Infect with ranged attacks and spells...I think. That and the success rate of passing your status effects would be based on your skill level of Deadly Infect learned anyways. Either case, it'd be easy to still pass on the effects if you spammed Magnum Break with a Marine Sphere accessory after a good Flying Kick. Windmill works too if you have it.

http://forums.warppo...lance-formulas/

#5 Mefistofeles

Mefistofeles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1281 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

HOW THE CRAP A SHADOW CHASER ITS BETTER POISONING THAN THE GX ITSELF? THAT FLYNG KICK CRAP SHOULD NEVER EXIST

#6 WateryGrave

WateryGrave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationEast U.S

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

Its not better at poisoning its better at spreading it to a number of people. A gx is a killing class Shadow chaser is an annoying slow killing class that has nothing better to offer then skills that are nothing more then pestering people. Besides its not like you can obv Curse an entire guild remember if your silenced you cannot do it anyway. A chaser will never kill anyone good with simple melee but yet a GX can run through the best geared people in seconds. That is if they are geared themselves. Shadow chasers do not have that option.

Edited by WateryGrave, 01 November 2011 - 01:33 PM.

#7 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

While we're on the subject of GX poisons, does anyone know where to get a poison kit? Now that I'm getting into the poison half of the skill tree I think I'm gonna be needing one.

Edited by Akami, 01 November 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#8 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

I play a chaser too, and feel that this would be a very, very bad idea. Indeed chasers will have a harder time than now, but we will still be useful. Or at least some of us...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users