eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:39 PM

I was originally going to post in the AI & Scripting section. Then I realized, this is going to be a rant. :dunno:

I'll get straight to the point: I have NO knowledge of how to script an AI on my own. I never have. I rely solely on GUI's or configuration menu's provided by the individual who initially created the AI. I know how to follow general directions when it comes to AI's. I know the commands for loading the custom AI, what the name of the folder should be, and it's placement. And when a AI does not work as intended, there is a definite problem on my side.

Ever since renewal, most of my AI's have ceased functioning. Either partially, or completely. Especially the mercenary AI. To remedy this, my solution is normally to re-download the files or find a new AI. (Or even update a old version.) I have already done this with: RAIL, AZZY, MIRAI, CTHULU, & the DEFAULT AI. I was considering downloading ZEN AI, but it is a much older AI anyway... And to be honest, I'm seriously tired of trying to fix something myself that I don't even understand.

Typically this is when I would be forced to ask for help. Instead I would rather express my disgust and frustration. Not only does this make my monkey illiterate AI ass look stupid. But it raises my dependency on others for a resolution that most of the time is never resolved. Ragnarok AI was definitely not created with the average everyday person in mind. Which is utterly retarded! And it's also not that I don't appreciate previous AI contributions to the community. (Because I do.) They have been helpful in the past. It's just that level of expectancy where your suppose to simply "figure it out".

I would sooner crawl down a deep dark hole, then be in a situation such as this. But since there is no other choice for me. And realistically, a magic wand doesn't pop from the sky. (In a manner of speaking.) I will just take this moment to say: SCREW YOU! To whoever originally came up with the concept altogether. Well, I choose not to be stuck with that inconvenience. In that grim AI world where nothing is user friendly, simplified, or ever independent.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users