Buddy Power Rings(Or gear, or inscription! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Buddy Power Rings(Or gear, or inscription!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:36 PM

You know how there is the marriage thing, well, I'm thinking something different, like a buddy system, doesn't matter what gender; Nothing to deal with sexuality at all, just plain out buddies. You know how RO has been trying to get new recruits. Well, wouldn't it be cool if players could do some sort of quest and make two people buddies, or anyone for that matter. Kinda like that game Double Dragons for Nintendo, or like Mario and Luigi. They could have small abilities similar to the marriage system, or completely different(Marriage system is just a good model to look at) where you could call your buddy(Disabled during WoE of course) And there could be other little things. Like, if a buddy gets real low on life, you could use "Protect yee friend!!!" which makes monsters more likely to attack you instead. I know there are certain people with that I play with all the time, and it'd be kinda cool to have a system where we could get some small benefits, plus show that two people are the ULTIMATE PAIR!!!! Ok. maybe not ultimate, but you get the point.

What do you guys all think? Would you want a buddy system to show you and your friends how awesome your double power nitro boxing turtle madness is?!?!

If so, what do you think would be cool little perks that could go along with it?

Edit: I changed the title cause somebody mentioned that it didn't have to be a ring and I thought that was BRILLIANT!!! Haha.

Edited by Zayik, 02 November 2011 - 04:44 PM.

#2 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

YOUR POWERS COMBINED!!!

Really though, I don't think it's necessary to keep kicking this dead horse. Oda replied pretty clearly in the last topic that it isn't a social stigma keeping them from updating the marriage system, it's a lack of man power and the existence of about a million other projects that take precedence. No matter what you call it, it doesn't change the fact that it's an idea that can't be given much attention at the moment.

#3 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

I don't think I saw that topic. Owells, didn't mean to "kick the dead horse." Just thought it was an awesome ideal.

#4 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

As long as it isn't like The Super Mario Brothers movie from the 90s.

#5 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:48 PM

"we're not gay, we're buddies" nomnomnom

#6 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

I think I should have actually opened that with "WONDER TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE", that makes more sense, but oh well.

#7 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:59 PM

Haha, is that the one where they're all messed up or something. If I remember it right, that movie was . . bazaar. . .

But yeah. I still think we should just write down a whole bunch of possible things they could do. Maybe when RO isn't as frantic, we can pull this up and be like HERE!!!!! TAKE IT!!! And eventually submit it to RO for proposals. IRO is a perfect example of how the community can make a difference, even against big baddy KRO and their mighty hammer of doom.

#8 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

They will never implement a same-gender system in an MMO. Everyone can pretend America is this incredible accepting society, but I'm in North east Ohio surrounded by racist and bigots. Even the subtlest hint of homosexuality will bring the project to a screeching halt. Pretend all you want this is a liberal society, go read the comments on youtube or yahoo news with a subject that even remotely hints at homosexuality. People are full of hatred and apathy. Not to mention Korea is even worse than America.

#9 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:21 PM

Agh, please I was trying to derail.

Have at you:

#10 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

I've wanted something like this in RO for a long time, it would be a lot of fun and everybody could get in on it. Plus Gravity could make a ton of cash by selling certs in the store for non-VIP folks to utilize it too. Everybody wins or at least comes out neutral and nobody looses.

Also, whether or not its a dead horse, bringing up the same sex marriage issue is something players have a right to do, and it shouldn't get archived immediately every time. I mean come on, people bring up the same boring issues about WoE endlessly and those are allowed to stay. Censorship isn't a good thing unless people are breaking the rules.

Edited by StStephen, 02 November 2011 - 01:51 PM.

#11 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

It didn't get archived immediately. It ran it's course.

But when one topic gets closed because people can't say their peace without having to make personal attacks, it doesn't mean another should be opened moments later about the same thing. It's almost a guarantee that it will just all end the same way again.

Also, as said, there's really no need to keep arguing something after a CM has already clearly answered. He said what was possible, gave a reason for not immplementing it sooner, and dispelled all the nasty myths surrounding it. What else do you really want? More drama? Sometimes just because you have a "right" to do what you please doesn't always mean it's tactful to go ahead and do it.

#12 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:18 PM

Agh, please I was trying to derail.

Have at you:

Hated all of that

THERE WAS NO HADOUKEN! or Shoryu Reppa... but I guess I could <3 because of my favorite Belgian kick boxer =D

But yeah the buddy rings, not gonna fly, I'd just call it freaking marriage (same everything) and leave it at that Calling it something different, doesn't make it different -_-

It doesn't look good since HQ are hard asses about... well 90% of everything so, dont hold your breath X_X

#13 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

I have no objection but in reality usually people are trying to skirt the previous issue and putting a more....friendly label on it in order to get what they want. Posted Image

#14 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Bro-Fist !!!

Of Course !

...and don't forget to fry the Coke!

...ok, enough internet memes here...

#15 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

i support this!

#16 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:32 PM

Maybe instead of rings, you could make it something else, since I'm sure there are people who would find it controversial. You could have like....matching boxers/panties. But seriously though, it doesn't have to be rings. It could be gloves, hats, or any number of things. I do think this is a good idea worth exploring though.

#17 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

I don't like that it has to be equipped. Odds are, you'll replace the ring with something useful.
Like wedding rings... they need a slot or something. I never wear mine EVER because I have to use more useful accessories.

#18 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

It could be like an inscription to an item(Like having a pre-name before at item) , or even just an etc item that you carry and special abilities are gained. Or you could add a new equipment spot and name it like, Buddy card:Card from your best buddy you always keep with you! That way being buddies doesn't screw anyone over who really depends on the gear they wear.

#19 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:19 PM

This thread supports bromance and girl-friends.

#20 llzarrockll

llzarrockll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:40 AM

As long as it isn't like The Super Mario Brothers movie from the 90s.

but... i liked that movie ;.=.;

#21 llzarrockll

llzarrockll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

bromance.....?

#22 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:20 AM

Somehow, when reading this thread, I keep hearing the FUN song in my head... Especially the "F is for fire that burns down the whole town" part. That sounds so iRO.

#23 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:01 AM

i support this!

Ok, as long as the system is based on the Stonecutters No Homers Club, you may have something here.

#24 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

Haha, I think the "ring" concept got outta hand. As funny as it is with so many "special ring" concepts as there are, I think something that didn't require an equipment slot would do a much better job. Players shouldn't have to sacrifice their equipment for buddy powers.

#25 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:56 AM

You know, giving me a negative view because you automatically assume any thread about buddy rings is related to "bromance and girl-friends" is really assumptive of you. I personally don't care about those things. I personally have always been a fan of creating characters that work well with one another, especially when I played Diablo 2. I always looked to make team and would play a class that would contract the other well. This was just a way I thought would add on to that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users