Zenny Sink+New Player help? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Zenny Sink+New Player help?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

What if there was a system in place where veteran players donate a portion of their wealth to new players, and in exchange get a ticket for an aesthetic costume piece. Like you donate 1m and get a hat, donate 3m get hat and coat/shirt, donate 5m get full set. Nothing game breaking, just something cute like a Samaritan set that is nothing more than a costume or skin.
New Players don't distribute their wealth back into the market like veteran players. They drop their zenny on potions and wings. Any thoughts or modifications?

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

What if there was a system in place where veteran players donate a portion of their wealth to new players, and in exchange get a ticket for an aesthetic costume piece. Like you donate 1m and get a hat, donate 3m get hat and coat/shirt, donate 5m get full set. Nothing game breaking, just something cute like a Samaritan set that is nothing more than a costume or skin.
New Players don't distribute their wealth back into the market like veteran players. They drop their zenny on potions and wings. Any thoughts or modifications?

That's a good idea in a way, but 8mil is a drop in the pond for many veterans (I'll be real here, I have 3billion zeny and I hardly play, imagine if I did!)

New players can easilly farm supplies for older players to use, which redistibutes the wealth, yes it takes time, but it's plenty to get you through your starting stages.

I'm gonna give you a list of items that older players need that you can farm at a low level.

Blue herbs
Stems
Poison spores
Warpportal energy (lawl)
fabric
mermaid hearts
zenorc fangs

Almost any drop from Byalan is good too if people are doing the seal quests. They are repeated very often in order to make god items, so players need those quest items.

I like the idea of rewarding donations to new players with a cute hat or something, but I doubt many people would take it up.

Anyway, my point was that zeny needs to actually be removed from the game by being fed to the npcs. This would give zeny more value.
So for example, instead of a raydric card being 90mil, it'd be 9mil.
Which is a lot easier to aim towards with npc drops, which helps new players.

#3 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:15 PM

It would take a very honest server to redistribute wealth fairly, even if it was freely donated to such a system. How would you collect it? Could someone make 100 alts and collect welfare?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users