#1 Harper

Harper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

Hello.

Some of you may have seen some of my newbish posts about this or that... but onto a more serious matter (when the game finally patches up... ha) of my Theif to Assassin.

From what I recall, Agi is a big stat to focus on... and I'm still unsure if I want to go Dagger Sin or Katar... but then I was wondering... if I got two 1-handed swords, and used the double attack card... could my Sin then dual-wield two 1-handers... and is this a viable thing to do? I won't do much PvP... as I've never really been much of a fan of PvP in any MMO.

But back to stats... from what I recall playing more than a year ago... I thought someone said stat focus order should be Agi -> Dex -> Str -> Luck... is this correct?

And then... about Kafra items... which would be the best headgear to get? I noticed several have Agi and Dex on them...

tl;dr

Trying to make sure I don't have a fail Thief or Assassin.

Edited by Harper, 02 September 2010 - 11:39 AM.

#2 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

Any weapons aside from daggers and katars are going to fail for an Assassin. Assassins have a very high aspd penalty when using swords, so it's best that you never, ever touch them.

As for your build, it depends. If you got decent gears, then Str > Agi > Dex is the way to go. If you're just starting out, then Agi > Str > Dex. Luk is not needed eitherway, unless you go Crit build (which is not recommended for beginners since it is heavily equipment dependent and is thus expensive to make. And even then, crit builds don't get that much Luk).

If you're not going for crit, then double dagger is the way to go.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

But back to stats... from what I recall playing more than a year ago... I thought someone said stat focus order should be Agi -> Dex -> Str -> Luck... is this correct?

Good god, that's a horrible approach, whoever told you that should be shot!

Prod covered builds pretty good. When she says, Str > Agi > Dex, that means final strength higher than agi, and final agi higher than dex (realistically, probably 110-120 total str, 80-90 total agi, 50-60 total dex). Early on, particularly for new players you focus more on the agility, so that you can start to dodge stuff, and then once you can level decently, you get

And then... about Kafra items... which would be the best headgear to get? I noticed several have Agi and Dex on them...

Uh, if using katars on a DD sin, chick hat. Otherwise.... mini propeller + red ribbons is great on a new thief when you don't have any cash or anything for mocking. Eventually you'll probably want an alice doll (sooner or later, depending on where you level), but that can be left until you can afford to put vanberk card in it (and there are a number of other options to consider at that point, though).

#4 Harper

Harper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:23 AM

Good god, that's a horrible approach, whoever told you that should be shot!

Prod covered builds pretty good. When she says, Str > Agi > Dex, that means final strength higher than agi, and final agi higher than dex (realistically, probably 110-120 total str, 80-90 total agi, 50-60 total dex). Early on, particularly for new players you focus more on the agility, so that you can start to dodge stuff, and then once you can level decently, you get

Uh, if using katars on a DD sin, chick hat. Otherwise.... mini propeller + red ribbons is great on a new thief when you don't have any cash or anything for mocking. Eventually you'll probably want an alice doll (sooner or later, depending on where you level), but that can be left until you can afford to put vanberk card in it (and there are a number of other options to consider at that point, though).

Ooh, wow. Very helpful, so thank you. And maybe it was Agi->Str->Dex... this was a while ago... I just know Dex increases hit chance... correct? For melee classes anyway.

But yeah, even though I won't be able to use Sonic Blow or Grimtooth, the daggers seem to hit way more often and I don't use nearly as much SP.

Sorry to sound so noobish... but when you say "DD Sin" what exactly do you mean? I'm still familiarizing myself with game mechanics and lingo. Sorry to be such a pest!

#5 Harper

Harper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:25 AM

Any weapons aside from daggers and katars are going to fail for an Assassin. Assassins have a very high aspd penalty when using swords, so it's best that you never, ever touch them.

As for your build, it depends. If you got decent gears, then Str > Agi > Dex is the way to go. If you're just starting out, then Agi > Str > Dex. Luk is not needed eitherway, unless you go Crit build (which is not recommended for beginners since it is heavily equipment dependent and is thus expensive to make. And even then, crit builds don't get that much Luk).

Oh... then perhaps it was on a private server I saw a friend using two 1-handed swords. I completely forgot about penalties certain weapons give. I do definitely plan on just going for daggers... and heck, I might even make two Assassins... one dagger and one katar. Ha.

#6 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:30 AM

lol i saw this guy was using dual axe

#7 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

lol i saw this guy was using dual axe

Other then dual dagger and katar, anything else is pretty much a novlity lol you rarely see those people but they do exsist xD. Just like I seen someone made a 25str/99agi/99dex sinx (even tho that was in jRO) lol

#8 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:37 PM

DD Sin = an Assassin that uses 2 Dagger class weapons as the primarily. Usually you would have a Size Carded Gladius [3] or VVS elemental Damascus in Main hand and a +7-10 Main Gauche [4] in the offhand with 2/2 Race/Element cards.

Crit Sin/ Katar Sin = Means a Assassin that specializes with Katar weapons and attacks. There are also 2 versions of this build, one is a Equip Crit which depends on the equipment for it's high critical hit chances and Natural Crit which in general has a lot more Luk for the same thing usually sacrificing Dex since crit 100% hit.

#9 Harper

Harper

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:13 AM

DD Sin = an Assassin that uses 2 Dagger class weapons as the primarily. Usually you would have a Size Carded Gladius [3] or VVS elemental Damascus in Main hand and a +7-10 Main Gauche [4] in the offhand with 2/2 Race/Element cards.

Crit Sin/ Katar Sin = Means a Assassin that specializes with Katar weapons and attacks. There are also 2 versions of this build, one is a Equip Crit which depends on the equipment for it's high critical hit chances and Natural Crit which in general has a lot more Luk for the same thing usually sacrificing Dex since crit 100% hit.

Ooh, Thank you very much.

I think for now, I have a Damascus with an Andre card in it, and then, when I go DD Sin in just 10 levels, I have another Damascus dagger with... um, whatever card gives 10 hit and 10 attack. It's called a "Slingshot Damascus." Just forget the name of the card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users