Rune knights getting beaten with the nerf pole - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

Rune knights getting beaten with the nerf pole

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76 Moyton

Moyton

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

i really wonder what kind of RK you guys meet. Saying that they are so easy to kill and don't deal enough dmg to kill you.

#77 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

i really wonder what kind of RK you guys meet. Saying that they are so easy to kill and don't deal enough dmg to kill you.

Most rks are really bad. I think I'm one of them O_O *derp*

#78 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

i really wonder what kind of RK you guys meet. Saying that they are so easy to kill.

ROFL

#79 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

between death bound, crushing strike, hundred spears, refresh and millenium shield, any gx will have a hell of a hard time killing a decent rk.

#80 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:01 AM

between death bound, crushing strike, hundred spears, refresh and millenium shield, any gx will have a hell of a hard time killing a decent rk.

death bound, move 1 cell to the left or right, cs- if you have enough flee(which you should as gx) you can flee it, refresh? doesnt really matter just use other attacks, hs, pretty much same as cs tactic, and ms, use soul destroyer to get through it

#81 MagicHands

MagicHands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationAlaska...

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:18 AM

Ok lets summarize this, in general they still have the ability to be a better kill than any class with the right gears. There survivability is top notch and the decrease in Hp is not going to hurt anyways, Crushing Strike is instant so there is no chance to prepare for it or even know that they have it up in the first place, on top of that its also convertable. Storm Blast still goes throw Cursed circle and still can kill classes that dont use shields such as GXs, also convertable. Millenium Shield can be used to save yourself from the endless amount of gfists coming your way without having one single reproccusion. Hundred Spears is still gloomiable and if your using spear dynamo like you should, you shouldnt have any problem hitting your target, also convertable. Last but not least you have Dragons Breath which is still packs a powerfull punch and since everyone has to wear unfrozens because of 100 int not giving freeze immunity that will increase the damage that your likely to do even further. Stop complaining and play your character. If you think using a 2h weapon and frenzying people actually makes you believe that you are playing a character your sadly mistaken. If you would like to add any more comments or need advice Ill help you out as much as I can.

#82 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

death bound, move 1 cell to the left or right, cs- if you have enough flee(which you should as gx) you can flee it, refresh? doesnt really matter just use other attacks, hs, pretty much same as cs tactic, and ms, use soul destroyer to get through it

a good rk can have +500 hit which is fairly enough to hit a gx.
a good rk doesn't stand still to take 'soul destroyer' that has 100000 years delay per cast.
a good rk uses refresh to gain immunity to many status effect other class can't have.
a good rk doesn't spam all buffs and uses millenium shield only when it is needed (eg seeing a fist coming)

i rest my case. tldr; they're still powerful, and it takes a decent tactic to try and get a decent rk.

#83 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

How come when ever there's a discussion about PvP/WoE mechanics, everyone claims definitive knowledge, and everyone disagrees. RKs are either good or they're not, people list these amazing skills, then someone else lists all these easy counters, then a third person points out those counters are not practical. Then a fourth person will reference certain gear that makes the counters effective, and a fifth will list gear that makes the former gear ineffective. It seems that these "veterans" are about as knowledgeable as a new player. Like if you're really a veteran you should be aware of the skills, counters, practicality of the counters, gears, and counter gears. But it's like everyone comes in with a small portion of knowledge, claiming the final word, other people assume it's true when it's not, and that in turn means no one really knows what is true.

#84 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

How come when ever there's a discussion about PvP/WoE mechanics, everyone claims definitive knowledge, and everyone disagrees. RKs are either good or they're not, people list these amazing skills, then someone else lists all these easy counters, then a third person points out those counters are not practical. Then a fourth person will reference certain gear that makes the counters effective, and a fifth will list gear that makes the former gear ineffective. It seems that these "veterans" are about as knowledgeable as a new player. Like if you're really a veteran you should be aware of the skills, counters, practicality of the counters, gears, and counter gears. But it's like everyone comes in with a small portion of knowledge, claiming the final word, other people assume it's true when it's not, and that in turn means no one really knows what is true.

Sounds almost like a presidential debate doesn't it? :blah:

#85 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 11:55 AM

i try to believe there is a counter to everything

#86 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

Best way to differentiate between who knows how to play and who knows nothing but bs is by who they are ingame. You can easily weed out the majority of the posters by using this method.

#87 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:35 PM

naying and braying of barnyard animals precedes this post

#88 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Best way to differentiate between who knows how to play and who knows nothing but bs is by who they are ingame. You can easily weed out the majority of the posters by using this method.

Stupid post is stupid. How would I know who they were in game? And even if I did what does that tell me? There's never a single poster the majority agrees with. It's just groups of people who don't know what they're talking about, who all act like they know what they're talking about, and only one or none of them are right.

#89 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:14 PM

Stupid post is stupid. How would I know who they were in game? And even if I did what does that tell me? There's never a single poster the majority agrees with. It's just groups of people who don't know what they're talking about, who all act like they know what they're talking about, and only one or none of them are right.

That's because you don't participate in high end WoE, which is where it matters. Most of the people on forums use their IGN or something similar as they're forum name herp derp.

Do you even participate in regular WoE? obvious answer is no, which is why your opinion on WoE topics never matters.

#90 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

That's because you don't participate in high end WoE, which is where it matters. Most of the people on forums use their IGN or something similar as they're forum name herp derp.

Do you even participate in regular WoE? obvious answer is no, which is why your opinion on WoE topics never matters.

I would love to see these opinions on WoE matters I made. And as I already pointed out, even people that do WoE don't know what they're talking about. If you were all so pro you could come to a consensus about what's good and what is valid, and I have never seen such a consensus the entire time I've been here.

Not Participating in WoE does not give you knowledge of WoE matters.
Participating in WoE does not give you knowledge of WoE matters.

#91 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

Ego always matters and the one who can show the longest e-peen prevails. That's how the internet works folks....

#92 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:14 PM

I think this topic itself has been beaten with the nerf pole enough.

#93 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

i try to believe there is a counter to everything

that's true. then it's pretty much who is the fastest to pull the counters, the one more organised, and so on that will win the game. it's always been like that.

#94 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:30 AM

There is a counter to everything, but most of the times the counter and the attack are way of one from the other, like needing 5 charas to counter one attack, or sometimes one counter to stop 5 charas...

#95 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

^ aka Suras.

#96 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:49 AM

that's renewal. and in the end, if someone can take advantage of the so-called 'unfair-counters', so can you. then again it depends on people's playstyle and the way they play the game that they find fun.

#97 zplus

zplus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

Posted Image

#98 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

If your standing 2 cells away from the rk deathbound doesnt work. if you get them in mid DB cast you will rape their shield in 3 rc and then they die in the next few rc. crush strike hurts but so far ive only been killed by it once when i was derping around and using edp sand attack on a rk. the other times they tried to crush strike me i had weapon blocking on or they just plain missed since i had hallucination walk on

#99 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:20 PM

Its up to the readers who they want to listen, get some info and try it out, it helps even for a lil bit, thats their opinion, ofcourse some one will always disagree, coz they have diff ideas to share.
But again, its up to us, we always have a choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users