• 167 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

The description states

Bloody Lust
Variable Cast Time: 2 seconds
Global Skill Delay: 2 seconds
AoE: 7x7
Duration: (10 * Skill Level) seconds
Inflicts Berserker status on all targets that walk on Bloody Lust. Berserker status is equivalent to Lord Knight Skill: [Frenzy].
This status effect will end immediately when targets walk out of Bloody Lust.

(source http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=86239 )

With such low cast time and delay, such a huge area and such a long duration it will destroy woe. It's basically an AOE silence/soul siphon that can be up quickly and easily for nearly no cost. Sure rangers and gx's may do well in it...but just about everyone else is screwed by this. The only counters are maelstorm and magnetic earth, both of which are easily removed by crazyweed (gambetien)type skills. So a crazy weed->bloody lust cast combo will pretty much make most characters worthless in woe.

For this reason I implore iRO gm's NOT to implement this skill this way. Either leave it the way it was or don't allow it to work in WoE or do something different.

(note: the highest level character i play is a shadow chaser so i alot to gain from this skill...but honestly i'd rather have a game to play then have some OP b.s. character to help end the games days)

#2 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:23 PM

test server already up?

#3 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

If it was the "boosted atk + 0 def + lost flee + unable to use skills or items", then it is good.

The x3 HP and 0 SP is too cheapness.

#4 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

Doesn't one bloodylust remove your previous bloodylust like maelstroms? Anyways, moving a bit away from the area is enough to avoid it...

#5 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

Yes Kadnya, casting bloody lust again will move the bloody lust

#6 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

Shadow chasers get nerfed so hard, at least let them have this powerful skill so they can still remain useful in WoE.

#7 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

......I thought it was supposed to be the rogue class's job to be a debuffer in WoE. There ARE ways to counter it, so I don't see how it's such a big deal. It's about as valid as Wizards saying that Magnetic Earth is overpowered and shouldn't be allowed in WoE since it blocks all of their AoE spells. >_>

#8 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

This makes me wonder if GTB blocks the entire effect...

#9 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

it's the aoe siphon effect i'm mainly worried about. Granted the silence/mute option is nuts to. But if I play chaser, and just stay alive/slippery with flying kick I can cast this a ton and constantly rape a guilds SP and eat up their supplies...like mad. It's just too broken.

#10 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:52 AM

@Rumm:
People just don't understand how broken this skill is. Instant cast and ASPD spammable under strings with Curse and Chaser's multitude of immobilization and slow skills makes this skill very OP. It's the reason why they nerffed it 1 week after implementation onto mains. Don't forget that Frenzy prevents you from using items or switching equipment too. So once u are cursed you have no chance of escaping.

Extreme Vacuum + Bloody lust = unbreakable. Most people would not be able to do anything. If portal casting Earth Drive didn't exist, there'd be no way of stopping this from happening.

Edit:
@Hrishi:
Yes GTB makes you immune to all ground paint skills.

Edit2:
Also Maelstorm will be fixed, so there will be no way to remove Bloody Lust except for portal casting Earth Drive.

@Rumm:
Maelstorm is NOT an ME. It does not remove any skill effects. by fixed I mean this skill will actually worth without the need of the Chaser being in the AoE.

Edited by Clogon, 06 November 2011 - 12:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users