Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

You do not want to be a reflect royal guard anymore.
trust me.

Go OB+reflect or something. Reflect leveling cannot be efficiently used as a build anymore.

Sorry for the late edit, guys :Emo_18:

Edited by Okii, 17 December 2011 - 12:10 AM.

#2 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:44 PM

I need some further explanations about this. I want to make one Royal liek you because I am your fan [<3]

The reason behind all the defence is because you are striving to survive without Kaahi while dealing great damage. You let the autocasts do all the work for you. Pretty much can smoke a cigarette and go afk for a bit if you want to while you're in Nogg or some highly crowded map. If you want to go to Juperos, you'll need Valk armor to resist stun and some headgear for that as well (stalactic golem carded.) Well... Aren't you going for 100+ vit? Why the gears?
This is a build I personally tested and have shown to a few people but kept fairly secret because it causes MAJOR lag to others or even yourself unless you turn effects off. Also tired of bragging about it and leaving people wondering. So there you go. I've decided that I don't care anymore though, and not having to depend on Kaahi to level is wonderful.
You can even afk farm with a Rejuvenating Thorny Buckler and a Bison Horn Valkyrie Manteau with your RoR.
Moonlight Dagger not required but if you have one, hotkey it for instant sp recovery.

Also. I think Rune Hairband would be a decent option of headgear to maintain SP too.

And. If I wanted to use Archangeling. Which stat should I sacrifice? Int or Vit? [you know. AA card requires you to have 77 base luk]

#3 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:49 AM

I need some further explanations about this. I want to make one Royal liek you because I am your fan [<3]

Also. I think Rune Hairband would be a decent option of headgear to maintain SP too.

And. If I wanted to use Archangeling. Which stat should I sacrifice? Int or Vit? [you know. AA card requires you to have 77 base luk]

I bought a Rune Hairband to test out (as well as a Valkyrie Featherband) aaand It never procs. Do not waste your zeny on that headgear XD
Valk featherband is way less useful than a defolty hat and +8 power of thor. Trust me.
The faster you kill the mob, the less damage you take and you have a much higher chance to finish the mob without losing a lot of health.
Power of thor will increase your autocast damage by a couple hundred points. It's cute, too~

Defense is literally everything. You are going out there to mob intensely without Kaahi. Remember this.
Also, a teleport accessory would save a lot of time having to buy fly wings, so you can replace the Kafra Blossom carded accessory with this if you like.
Healing yourself and Shield Spell lvl 2 until you get magni is great when fly winging to an empty spot---waste no time :Emo_18:

Luck on an autocast reflect damage RG is.... just no. You're going full INT/VIT to have the most optimal heals/autocast damage as well as a super defense and great immunity to status effects. It's not about physical damage. If you want to toss the remaining points after getting to 120 VIT/INT into luck, that's fine. Test it out and tell me what happens O.O

However, you could figure out a build for RoFL and work with that. I'm sure it'd be just as effective with items such as a cursed hand or something with physical attack procs. If you need help with anything else just let me know.

PS: Does 100 VIT give you stun immunity? 0o? If so, then valk armor is not needed at all... lol!

Edited by Okii, 07 November 2011 - 12:54 AM.

#4 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:09 AM

I might be out of touch with today's RO, but I had a pretty good system for my Royal Guard without reflect, as such:

+(whatever) Rejuvenating Thorny Buckler. I think mine was +8, might have been +2, I don't remember.
+9 Ygg crown

I don't even remember the rest, but with a high INT/LUK/VIT build (which mine was), and taking the points to learn heal 10, with decent reduction I was healing ~2100 and the proc rate on the shield was pretty good. I was too poor for a deviant/GR, but with the borrowing of a friend's, I was able to do this in AL3 no-problemo, though I wouldn't suggest it. Niff1 seemed to be great for this even at level 125.

Heals > Damage
Heals = healvalue * [(numenemies^2)/10]
Damage = numenemies * avgdamage
healvalue * numenemies^2/10 > numenemies * avgdamage
healvalue * numenemies/10 > avgdamage

So, as long as you're not taking 1/10th of your heal rate in damage PER enemy, you'll be nearly unkillable. With 10 enemies, each enemy can do your max heal rate, provided you have some buffer zone for the occasions where your heal does not trigger as much as it should.

A greed-hat with a snowier card is cool too, cause' you can eat those creams when things get tight. With two snowier accessories on a 100-Vit RG, each cream heals like 900. Pretty cool.
I also had like 96 p. dodge so that helped too.

#5 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

I might be out of touch with today's RO, but I had a pretty good system for my Royal Guard without reflect, as such:

+(whatever) Rejuvenating Thorny Buckler. I think mine was +8, might have been +2, I don't remember.
+9 Ygg crown

I don't even remember the rest, but with a high INT/LUK/VIT build (which mine was), and taking the points to learn heal 10, with decent reduction I was healing ~2100 and the proc rate on the shield was pretty good. I was too poor for a deviant/GR, but with the borrowing of a friend's, I was able to do this in AL3 no-problemo, though I wouldn't suggest it. Niff1 seemed to be great for this even at level 125.

Heals > Damage
Heals = healvalue * [(numenemies^2)/10]
Damage = numenemies * avgdamage
healvalue * numenemies^2/10 > numenemies * avgdamage
healvalue * numenemies/10 > avgdamage

So, as long as you're not taking 1/10th of your heal rate in damage PER enemy, you'll be nearly unkillable. With 10 enemies, each enemy can do your max heal rate, provided you have some buffer zone for the occasions where your heal does not trigger as much as it should.

A greed-hat with a snowier card is cool too, cause' you can eat those creams when things get tight. With two snowier accessories on a 100-Vit RG, each cream heals like 900. Pretty cool.
I also had like 96 p. dodge so that helped too.

Triple poring hat (MUCH faster proc than Magnolia--but Magnolia hat has a slot) and thorny+bison is a must for overnight afk farming. Farm some HFC's without effort LEGALLY.
If your build works, post more about it because it's cheap sounding and seems fairly efficient based on a ten monster mob.
What other equips do you use?
And no I cannot access a deviant so if that's the one thing that keeps you alive then I cannot try this build Q_Q

#6 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

man, this sounds so much fun. I totally don't have the right stuff in the right places for this sort of build, though. I kept getting suggestions to skip heal and use Kaahi instead, but that turned out to be a pain and a half to make sure my Soul Linker doesn't just pop in high level areas.

#7 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:31 PM

man, this sounds so much fun. I totally don't have the right stuff in the right places for this sort of build, though. I kept getting suggestions to skip heal and use Kaahi instead, but that turned out to be a pain and a half to make sure my Soul Linker doesn't just pop in high level areas.

Well that, and it takes way longer to kill a mob with kaahi and it just looks dumb as hell.

This, on the other hand... looks godly and is super fast.

#8 Renaldoo

Renaldoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

Triple poring hat (MUCH faster proc than Magnolia--but Magnolia hat has a slot) and thorny+bison is a must for overnight afk farming. Farm some HFC's without effort LEGALLY.
If your build works, post more about it because it's cheap sounding and seems fairly efficient based on a ten monster mob.
What other equips do you use?
And no I cannot access a deviant so if that's the one thing that keeps you alive then I cannot try this build Q_Q

It's been a long time, so bear with me-- I will try to describe what I can remember with as much detail as I can:

Weapons:
+9 Bloody Knight/Draganoid/(Something else autocasting) elemental sword
+7 Fortune Sword
+7 Moonlight dagger

Headgear:
+9 Yggdrasil Crown
(mid/lower negligible, do whatever)

Accessories:
Snowier x2, or glorious ring/kafra blossom, or clip of flash x2 (my usual)

+4 Immune Wool Scarf/+4 Green Tidal shoes (no joke, pretty low-tier stuff, did fine)

Shield:
+8 Rejuvenating Rosa Shield

Armor:
I don't remember, +8 Ebone Armor (I can't remember the title or card, but it silences the enemy at a high chance if luk or int or whatever is higher than 77)
This armor did really good, because by the time you had a good mob ready, they'd pretty well all be silenced, so you don't worry too much about spells/skills.

Tactic:
Keep all three weapons hotkeyed to your favorite spot

(if you're in range of niff1, I got amazing EXP there despite being 14 levels above it. If not, go for somewhere similarly dense and navigable)
Keep your fortune sword out (If you're high luk like I was, with clips of flash, the p. dodge is immensely helpful)
Run through the path (Niff 1 is very linear, monsters move at perfect speed, they don't "Sweat"), and get a very sizable mob. As long as you have 7, elemental sword should make quick work of them, but I liked to drag it as far as I could go for 20-30 disguises and dullahans. When you've got the mob at a good size and they're all trailing a few feet behind you, stop moving, snap over to elemental sword, and snap reflect damage on if it isn't already. They die, you might take a lot of hits at once and see your HP drop before the heals trigger, but as long as it's not too big, the heals will all kick in and you'll stay 100% HP almost constantly.

The only reason dev/GR was necessary for dragons is they're heavily immune to the elements and I had to rely solely on reflect damage to kill them.

With a ring of resonance (mostly for assumptio, but heals too), Juperos was pretty manageable, but it helped to pop one of those 10-minute regen potions. I tried there with a dev/GR and had no danger whatsoever. I ended up giving my kaahi account away because it was a pain to use.

I tried this also at odin's shrine but it was nearly impossible to get enough enemies to target me at once, they're so scattered

However, one manageable option for Kaahi is to drop an antonio card in an armor for your soul linker, set them in Juperos or wherever with you (same map_, cast kaahi on themselves and you, and when your Kaahi is up, drop a giant flywing to instantly meet up and recast kaahi.

#9 CountKaiser

CountKaiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

I get the feeling an Injustice card would be good on an Elemental sword for this set, especially if the sword also has a Hunter fly card on it.

The damage done from Sonic blow would be physical, and thus would proc hunter fly as well as a Rideword hat that one may decide to wear. Then again, this card is competing with the Mutant Dragonoid card, which would deal damage in an aoe.

So it's basically 4.4 atak and a possible heal proc vs. 1.6 matk in an aoe

What do the rest of you think?

#10 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 12:08 PM

Since this was bumped, new St-Patrick hat is amazing with such a setup.

#11 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:43 PM

With new changes on St. Patrick Hat, this is the setup I used to level 150 my RG. I am able to tank any mob size at Cursed Monastery and Scarab Hall 2 without dying at all. Make sure to keep Reflect Damage level 5 and Shield Spell 1 active at all times.

+7 St Patrick Hat - No Kaahi/Pots needed if you are tanking 5+ mobs. Abuse it before the balance patch hits. You'll never get easier leveling with Royal Guards once it's released.

Glorious Spear +9 - Better than Elemental Sword in end game especialy against magic resistant enemies and procs more often = 10% vs Ele sword's 5%. Most enemies at end game have high mdef and Elemental Sword becomes obsolete. Glorious Spear +9's Gloria Domini ALWAYS do 2k damage to the enemy if it procs. Also causes lesser lag than Elemental Sword

Stygian Valkyrian Manteau - Fireball/FireBolt/Reflect all in 1 garment

Rejuvenating Thorn Buckler - For Bison-Thorn Buckler Set and the Auto Heal effect.

Ring of Flame Lord - More instance of Gloria Domini and Fireball. Auto Zen and Bowling Bash are a plus as well. Make sure you equip this first BEFORE the Glorious Spear +9 and the Kasa Valk Mant or else you will get weaker versions of Fireball and Gloria Domini.

Bison Horn of Doubled Power - Auto Lex Aeterna. This will tremendously speed things up when things take double damage from Gloria Domini.

No armor and no shoe equipped because I need to take more damage to reflect more damage back. :blink:

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 08 December 2011 - 01:46 PM.

#12 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

With new changes on St. Patrick Hat, this is the setup I used to level 150 my RG. I am able to tank any mob size at Cursed Monastery and Scarab Hall 2 without dying at all. Make sure to keep Reflect Damage level 5 and Shield Spell 1 active at all times.

+7 St Patrick Hat - No Kaahi/Pots needed if you are tanking 5+ mobs. Abuse it before the balance patch hits. You'll never get easier leveling with Royal Guards once it's released.

Glorious Spear +9 - Better than Elemental Sword in end game especialy against magic resistant enemies and procs more often = 10% vs Ele sword's 5%. Most enemies at end game have high mdef and Elemental Sword becomes obsolete. Glorious Spear +9's Gloria Domini ALWAYS do 2k damage to the enemy if it procs. Also causes lesser lag than Elemental Sword

Stygian Valkyrian Manteau - Fireball/FireBolt/Reflect all in 1 garment

Rejuvenating Thorn Buckler - For Bison-Thorn Buckler Set and the Auto Heal effect.

Ring of Flame Lord - More instance of Gloria Domini and Fireball. Auto Zen and Bowling Bash are a plus as well. Make sure you equip this first BEFORE the Glorious Spear +9 and the Kasa Valk Mant or else you will get weaker versions of Fireball and Gloria Domini.

Bison Horn of Doubled Power - Auto Lex Aeterna. This will tremendously speed things up when things take double damage from Gloria Domini.

No armor and no shoe equipped because I need to take more damage to reflect more damage back. :)

That's and interesting build :D

#13 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:46 AM

Cerulean, how much you spent (estimation) on those gears?

#14 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:24 AM

No armor and no shoe equipped because I need to take more damage to reflect more damage back. :)

CG how do (did) you keep your SP up? I don't believe I saw anything that would do that, unless you meant to just use the Green Ales you found right away is that it?

Just curious but would not Race Carded Shoes be helpful???
You would take 20% more from the race, thus negating buff from shoe Def, but also get more exp from them as well.

For Armor perhaps a Loli Ruri card to help with the Heals as well?

Wondering how viable Reflect leveling is now.

#15 CountKaiser

CountKaiser

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:36 PM

Not very, from what I tested.

The main thing that kills it is the 50 reflect limit RD has now. With that in place, I've been finding it really hard to recast it while in a mob, what with other auto-casts going off. The fact that it no longer reflects ranged attacks is also a bit of a bummer, but can be dealt with if it weren't for that 50 hit reflect limit it now has.

#16 Okii

Okii

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1733 posts
  • LocationAppleton, WI

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

Not very, from what I tested.

The main thing that kills it is the 50 reflect limit RD has now. With that in place, I've been finding it really hard to recast it while in a mob, what with other auto-casts going off. The fact that it no longer reflects ranged attacks is also a bit of a bummer, but can be dealt with if it weren't for that 50 hit reflect limit it now has.

Oh I quit my reflect RG because of balance patch...
I guess I should have mentioned that in the OP but I had forgotten about this topic.

Sorry :glomp:

#17 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:52 AM

CG how do (did) you keep your SP up? I don't believe I saw anything that would do that, unless you meant to just use the Green Ales you found right away is that it?

Just curious but would not Race Carded Shoes be helpful???
You would take 20% more from the race, thus negating buff from shoe Def, but also get more exp from them as well.

For Armor perhaps a Loli Ruri card to help with the Heals as well?

Wondering how viable Reflect leveling is now.

The St. Patrick hat +7 gives 10% HP/SP Recov (free ale). You'll always be in full SP. Also nice suggestion on the shoe. 10% EXP would have sped up leveling a bit.

Unfortunately Reflect leveling is so unreliable now. It goes down in seconds if you try to mob more than 5 mobs and it's harder to refresh it becoz the auto skills will try to interfere with the reflect damage recast.

Leveling RGs is a little bit harder now. Overbrand is the way to go but if you don't have access to God items and can't 1 shot Scarabas with 1-2 Overbrands, it will be extremely slow compared to Reflect.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 19 December 2011 - 06:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users