Post balance - Crushing Strike damage - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Post balance - Crushing Strike damage

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:01 AM

Hello,

After the balance patch is out, which should be very soon, I have been looking at alternatives to the conventional stormblast/dragons-breath aoe damage in WoE.
(The stormblast formula will now have a modifier of INT/8 instead of INT/4 and there will be a reduction in the hp which will affect the dragon breath damage)

The crushing strike skill looks promising. Description is below:

Rhydo Rune
Rank C
Skill re-use Delay: 30 seconds
Fixed Cast Time: 1 second
ATK [{Weapon Level * (Weapon Upgrade Level + 6) * 100} + (Weapon ATK) + (Weapon Weight)]%
20% chance to destroy the weapon.
Duration: 30 seconds

It will be a self buff, similar to the RGs exceed break and will proc on the next normal hit. There are speculations that it will/might deal critical damage and work with double attack as well.
In the atk formula, the weapon weight plays a significant role; would a one handed spear such as hunting spear be one of the best weapons for this skill?
(PS: It is like the opposite of the hundred spears skill where the lower the weight, the more the damage)

If anyone has more details on this skill, kindly do share it with us. I am still unable to test a rune knight, as it is still unavailable on the sakray test server.

Thank you.

#2 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

This is the one change I am looking forward the most among the RK skills. What I had in mind was, if it procs with Crit, one could combo it with Auto Counter. It would be a deadly counter against GX that ctrl-click with EDP.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

Are we sure that that formula is correct? They multiply the player's attack by the weapon attack (as a %)?

In any case, it's clear that the weapon level and upgrade rate matters most.

A +9 lvl 4 weapon will do 4*15 = 6,000%, plus weight and attack, so +9 KVM spear would be 6130% if that formula is correct - while +9 hunting spear would do 6600%... However, the hunting spear would have what, a +20% card in it? While the +9 kvm spear would inflict +120% damage v demihuman and bypass 25% of defense... I think the KVM is still going to do significantly better damage.

#4 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:01 AM

Hello,

I picked up the formula from the balance patch notes on the warpportal forums itself. I don't really know how reliable it is.

I personally like the fact that a heavy spear could be used to deal an acceptable amount of damage. This will encourage more RKs to use runes even though they do not have highly upgraded KvM weapons. Right now, the only RKs that make full use of the runes during the WoEs are the ones with the KvM spear.

Another question would be, can a mjolnir be used as a weapon for this skill. It works with the Pertz(storm blast) runes.

If anyone has tested the crushing strike skill on the test server, could you kindly give an estimate of how much damage you dealt, with what equips, and what target, and under what environment.

Thank you.

#5 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:41 PM

If anyone has tested the crushing strike skill on the test server, could you kindly give an estimate of how much damage you dealt, with what equips, and what target, and under what environment.

Thank you.

Doesn't matter the enviroment because crush strike will be melee so it has the chance for Double attackk and 3x rune growth so it will probably give suras a taste of their own medicine. In woe melee attacks are not reduced just be patient and try it out yourself.

#6 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

Crush strike will apparently do the same damage it does now. What's changed is how it'll be used. You can test it now to see how much damage it does.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:30 PM

Another question would be, can a mjolnir be used as a weapon for this skill. It works with the Pertz(storm blast) runes.

Sure but the damage will suck since you can't upgrade it:

ATK [{Weapon Level * (Weapon Upgrade Level + 6) * 100} + (Weapon ATK) + (Weapon Weight)]%
ATK [{4 * (6) * 100} + 250 + 600]%
ATK [2400 + 250 + 600]% = 3250% damage - and no % damage modifiers (no slots).

Damage would be pathetic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users