what 2 class combos can level the most effective? - Class Discussion - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

what 2 class combos can level the most effective?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:09 PM

my friend and i are thinking about playing RO again. we have extremely little assets combined and we've never gotten to lvl 99 before. what two class combos would be the most efficient in leveling that requires the least amount of assets? it has been almost 4+ years since we last played so everything is going to be pretty much new for us.

any advice would be much appreciated

#2 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

It really depends on a few things. The way you ask makes me believe you will want to be partying together.

IF that is the case then the most effective duo would have to be a Priest>High Priest>ArcBishop and either a Knight>Lord Knight>Rune Knight or perhaps Sage>Scholar>Sorcerer.

The only problem would be that the Priest would pretty much be dependent on the other to level well. However this saves you massive money on healing and SP recovery.

#3 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:23 AM

oh sorry, how silly of me to not mention that we do plan on leveling together.

between the knight class and the scholar class which of those require the least amount of gear to be moderately effective?

#4 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:37 AM

oh sorry, how silly of me to not mention that we do plan on leveling together.

between the knight class and the scholar class which of those require the least amount of gear to be moderately effective?

I would probably have to say Sorc requires MORE gear to be impressive.

Although to be fair BOTH classes will eventually need better gear but with the support of a Priest a Knight does a bit easier since they have high HP and Bowling Bash to mob level with. When you take away or reduce their need to rest for sp and hp then they can be VERY fast lvlers even splitting the exp.

Also early Sage leveling is easy but pretty much best solo sadly. I have a leveling guide for Mage classes in Mage section if you want to make a 2nd guy though :D

So to sum it up, Knight = easy mob leveling with a support priest. Your Knight will NOT be an Agility based build but a Str/Dex/Vit build.

#5 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:58 AM

I would probably have to say Sorc requires MORE gear to be impressive.

Although to be fair BOTH classes will eventually need better gear but with the support of a Priest a Knight does a bit easier since they have high HP and Bowling Bash to mob level with. When you take away or reduce their need to rest for sp and hp then they can be VERY fast lvlers even splitting the exp.

Also early Sage leveling is easy but pretty much best solo sadly. I have a leveling guide for Mage classes in Mage section if you want to make a 2nd guy though :D

So to sum it up, Knight = easy mob leveling with a support priest. Your Knight will NOT be an Agility based build but a Str/Dex/Vit build.

is there a 3rd option for a damage class that is not extremely gear dependent? not really concerned if we will level as fast as other classes or not. more worried about actually starting essentially from scratch and not being able to afford anything besides gear from npcs.

#6 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:25 AM

is there a 3rd option for a damage class that is not extremely gear dependent? not really concerned if we will level as fast as other classes or not. more worried about actually starting essentially from scratch and not being able to afford anything besides gear from npcs.

Unfortunately short answer is No.

But really a Knight early on will NOT be that gear dependant because you have the support of your priest. It's really only when they solo that they will need extra good gear, for the duo the FREE eden gear is enough really. Just get the 2 handed Eden weapon for him as it is same ATK as best store bought weapon and the free gear is quite good.

Later on you may want to be on the lookout for a better weapon but it's not as important when you have support.

#7 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

my friend and i are thinking about playing RO again. we have extremely little assets combined and we've never gotten to lvl 99 before. what two class combos would be the most efficient in leveling that requires the least amount of assets? it has been almost 4+ years since we last played so everything is going to be pretty much new for us.

any advice would be much appreciated

i disagree with EvilLyonis. Hunter class is fastest and cheapest. Add a priest class with him and i promise u that u can reach 99 in no time doing the eden quests.

#8 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:39 PM

i disagree with EvilLyonis. Hunter class is fastest and cheapest. Add a priest class with him and i promise u that u can reach 99 in no time doing the eden quests.

Except for the fact that you need Arrows. Now they don't cost alot but until you get Arrow Crafting it is a drain when you start with no zenny.

Also Arrow crafting is going to be difficult to get as you need 41 Tough Scalelike Stems. The problem is that at level 30ish when you are allowed to learn the skill you would have to BUY them since theres no way you would survive collecting them yourself.

Before getting Arrow crafting arrow cost can really be high. Also the only really decent way for Archers to level a bit cheaper is with Double Strafe. Problem is archers do not get very high SP pools to draw from if not going with High Int or Bard/Dancer paths. So he will be sitting a LOT early on to regen sp. If he pairs with the Priest this will be cut down a bit with Magnificent but won't get that until 2nd job.

Mages are fastest early on imho because the only thing they need is a Wand and the Eden one has the highest MAtk really and is free.

#9 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:11 PM

Except for the fact that you need Arrows. Now they don't cost alot but until you get Arrow Crafting it is a drain when you start with no zenny.

Also Arrow crafting is going to be difficult to get as you need 41 Tough Scalelike Stems. The problem is that at level 30ish when you are allowed to learn the skill you would have to BUY them since theres no way you would survive collecting them yourself.

Before getting Arrow crafting arrow cost can really be high. Also the only really decent way for Archers to level a bit cheaper is with Double Strafe. Problem is archers do not get very high SP pools to draw from if not going with High Int or Bard/Dancer paths. So he will be sitting a LOT early on to regen sp. If he pairs with the Priest this will be cut down a bit with Magnificent but won't get that until 2nd job.

Mages are fastest early on imho because the only thing they need is a Wand and the Eden one has the highest MAtk really and is free.

to be honest i always used normal arrow in the lower levels. Coz they cost 1z each only. And because of high dex quite easy to level up. And ur right about the mage classes. They are the fastest in lower levels. But once u reach lvl 60 and above, u need a lot of zeny to survive. I'm not a big fan of the mage class really. Too much zeny wasted on pots. Rather would prefer rogue class. Awesome moneymaker!!

#10 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

to be honest i always used normal arrow in the lower levels. Coz they cost 1z each only. And because of high dex quite easy to level up. And ur right about the mage classes. They are the fastest in lower levels. But once u reach lvl 60 and above, u need a lot of zeny to survive. I'm not a big fan of the mage class really. Too much zeny wasted on pots. Rather would prefer rogue class. Awesome moneymaker!!

No offense but if you need pots for a Mage class before level ~90ish then you are playing it wrong or picking the wrongs spots to level in.

There is a reason Fire Wall exists.

Also now that Vitata Cards (Give lvl 1 Heal) are available on Valkyrie server, then potting even after lvl 90 isn't a problem. These cards are down to around 2-2.5m now and before you say anything about price keep in mind that this is nothing compared with other gears needed for other classes and is good the whole game through.

I really think the changes they made with renewal ruined Archer and Hunter classes for bow usage.

#11 coolnix

coolnix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 304 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

No offense but if you need pots for a Mage class before level ~90ish then you are playing it wrong or picking the wrongs spots to level in.

There is a reason Fire Wall exists.

Also now that Vitata Cards (Give lvl 1 Heal) are available on Valkyrie server, then potting even after lvl 90 isn't a problem. These cards are down to around 2-2.5m now and before you say anything about price keep in mind that this is nothing compared with other gears needed for other classes and is good the whole game through.

I really think the changes they made with renewal ruined Archer and Hunter classes for bow usage.

i guess ur right. I really dont play good with mage class. But i feel more comfortable with double strafing or claymores than with any of the mage skills. I mean claymores hit upto 20k damage with proper stats. No other AOE like it for a 2nd class character. And hunters are far better at evading attacks thanks to their agi or luk. Maybe it depends on our playing style really. Guess hunters suit me and mages suit u.

#12 Dawei

Dawei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:11 AM

i would say for a duo class you are going to want something that has an AoE.

Knight would be a good choose.....BUT bowling bash can be a tricky skill and need to understand its mechanics to use it effectively. because one second you can shot an entire mob the next second you only hiting one monster 5 cells and the rest you are still tanking..... if you can master it yah knight is great lvl tho i have always soloed my knights. they are really cost effective with a priest since your main expense is pots...a priest would take that away...if you do the eden quest that gear will keep you alive in the lvling places that you would be at.

tho i love the archer class take my advice...it was my first character....and i was poor until about 2 years ago.... i have been playing since 03. but yah they are just pricey. bows, arrows, traps, etc and once you hit ranger wooooohoooo traps are like triple the cost.

sage is a fun class i just finished my second and almost have my 3 sorcerer. simple builds its the hit and run wizard is my thoughts. i like sage mainly cause of freecast. makes life easy you can run around a mob while you cast saves on pots you dont need alot of defense gear. though any mage class you need to know how to vertical firewall.

wiz would be a good option...both mage classes can be a bit squishy if not properly geared...but with energy coat it helps as well as having support. as a wizard that opens up larger AoE skills that will help you control mobs better and as long as you combined your spells right as well as spell lvls...ie dont sg 10 from the start if you cant tank a mob for the whole cast SG 1 to freeze then SG 10 over it will save your life for simple geared players.

a wouldnt suggest assassin class as of right now...maybe after balance patch GX will be more fun but in general people end up quitting this class for others.

so to summon it up...

Knight, Mage class (sage or wiz), possible Rogue (since in theory is really just a knight or mage class depending on the build would be my suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users