High Wizard and Warlock Skill Build; Please Help~
Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:24 PM
My stats is possibly going to be around:
My skills for High Wizard: (1 unused skill point)
My skills for Warlock: (7 free HW skill points)
I appreciate any feedback and updated skill/stat builds. Also thank you in advance~
Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:15 PM
Vit should be at 100-108 and Dex should be more than 80 but not more than 100. Int should obviously be maxed.
There are 2 ways to go with Warlock, a Comet or a Tetra Vortex build. I'm using a Comet build for WoE/PvP and this is what I have: http://irowiki.org/~...DrFqnaObsabsUcY
The skill tree for Comet Warlocks is pretty flexible. If you don't like Soul Expansion or White Imprison, you can use it for Recognized Spell or maxed Crimson Rock.
I'll let someone else share their Tetra Vortex build since I've only used it for such a short time.
Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:29 PM
I feel like Luck might actually be better at 78 because I'd get the matk bonus at 78 rather than 77. So I took two points away from Vit. Does this seem more reasonable? Also, yeah I used to think Luck didn't do much for Matk until I looked into it
Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:10 PM
Yeah in terms of stats, you are somewhat on the right track, but you do get 1 LUK from job level 31, that's why 77 is the right base amount, so you still get 78 either way.
Check this chart to see which stats you get for job levels: http://www.playragna...bonus.aspx?c=40
Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:46 AM
Also, thank you for all your help~
Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:05 AM
Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:49 AM
As far as I remember, your stats are good, but you are wasting too many points while you can get the same amount of MATK by using less points and balance your VIT even better. LUK and DEX will balance better up to certain point w/o wasting more points than need it (it was posted on one of the threads while ago).
PM him when you get the chance, also, you can ask Nero or Jeniok, they made Haseo give them good tips build/stats wise.
Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:29 AM
As creza mentioned, the stats allocation is good enough and will serve you well in PVM (which mainly will be your focus later on). Basically, for a warlock, stat priorities are: INT>DEX>VIT>LUK (INT>DEX>LUK>VIT if in WOE). Though I'm not good at calculating things, I do feel that the DEX allocation there are quite good as when you reached 130+ later on, the difference between 85 to 100+ DEX is not that substantial due to Radius 3 (20% fixed cast time reduct). As for other things, the stat suggestion by creza-chan (? /heh) is very good, and will make your experience with warlock a better one (i.e. quite flexible enough; there's no wrong/imbalance stat allocation here). Later on, when you have fun and wanting to try new challenge, then feel free to reset and try some outrageous stat allocation (AKA wasting lots of reset stones hehe).
As for skill build, from what you mentioned above for the HW build (you thinking of going into AOE dealers later on warlock), I can summarize that it all depends on where to level to 99/70 anyway.
I would suggest this (please tweak it according to your likeness ya):
IsisThump: HW: Revised skill build 1.1 <- such a fancy name...duh..
- I added these skills to your current skill build: SG10, Soul Drain 10, Frost Nova 10, Quagmire 3, Increase SP 10. So if you already have the build already, you can proceed to these suggestions ^^
IsisThump: HW: TI AOE
- the point here is to level your high mage ASAP until you ready to power level 56 - 70 (maneater blossom quest), and then earn you place at TI party at level 70. The skill priorities here is, IMHO, tweak it according to your equip - stronger equip means less bolt needed hence less skill point to allocate at that skill during your early high mage. As for me, the critical skills as High Mage: FB9 > Increase SP Recovery 10 > CB9, HW: SG10 > LOV 10 > Frost Nova 10.
- with ample aoe support, I believe you are highly demanded in the fast run parties in low TI
IsisThump: WL: No Comet/TV build
-neglecting the 1st job and 2nd job class skills (which already mentioned above), I've been thinking on giving as much AOE as you can. By having the five elements mastered (CR, CL, JF, ES, SExpansion), you will provide a lot of support to your parties/soloing in Scaraba later on. By having 5 Freezing Spell here, with 120 INT, and high level (starting from 130+), you practically able to store 4 3rd class spells, which actually you can dish about 6 times of the particular spell (E.g. RSB and store 4 CR > RSB (but left the window open)> MA/no MA > cast CR > all 4 release > pick the CR option > 5th release = 6 CR in one succession /slur).
- With having no TV, means that the option are so flexible. Actually, the Comet skills can be so damn amazing/the curse for the WL due to this - its high SP requirement. As for me, I sometimes didn't mind wasting lots of light sp box, so I kept on cometting everything and pretty much my DPS can outdish the ranger due to I can achieve high cycle between comets (lots of RSBing, releasing, triple cometting, swapping equips), but it will be the most troublesome when SP items are limited, means you need to time when to comet or not. As creza-chan said, by having AA mid, it is amazing because it will solve the sp recovery problems though I don't have it so i don't know how fast the AA compare to SP-beater comet skill.
- Now that you will opting out the comet, and only focus on other AOE skills, I pretty much concluded that you don't even need sp items or even HP pots due to high cycle between releasing and the wide AOE skill that you can give to the party. With AA mid, I think, your SP will not even reach <90% (compare to comet focused build, which mostly I stayed at 5 - 10% SP at all time - just imagine how much light sp box to cover that ^^).
There also a comet build and also TV build, but I will left that for other people that lurk here later on.
If you need some suggestion on gear, do feel free to add. ^^
^Sorry for the lengthy post...bah I need to learn how to not post in SHORT STORY length in the future../swt
Edited by Nero89, 09 May 2013 - 06:32 AM.
Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:37 AM
I strongly recommend you to ask someone knowledgeable, sadly, the only person I have yet to see successful with Mage classes (Sorc/Warlock) is M.I.A. (I haven't even seen Haseo/Shu online anymore, something about another promotion and corp meetings every day?).
So far, there's a point in where DEX will be too expensive to be exchanged for LUK, that is the balance I read about. At what point one is better than another, you can either test or ask around (Nero or Wizard I guess?).
Also, is not difficult to solo on Mage classes, SW seems to do the trick just fine?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users