Request: Free Skill Reset - 14.1 and Skill Balance update feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Request: Free Skill Reset

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Kaillera

Kaillera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

It's only fair that we get one free reset when the Balance Patch does hit correct :P?

#2 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:05 AM

Agreed, I think a free reset is mandatory anytime you change classes enough to seriously effect somebody's success with their current build.

#3 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:57 PM

Yes please, lot of skill builds will change with balance patch is almost the same as renewal, we DO need resets. :P

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

There should be atleast 5 reset opportunities. People want to test which build works for them and I'm 100% sure none of us are gonna get the perfect build for ourselves at the first attempt of a reset.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 16 November 2011 - 07:45 PM.

#5 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:05 AM

Only one reset will do. It's called test server for a reason.

#6 pdiaz6

pdiaz6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:02 AM

Yes please, lot of skill builds will change with balance patch is almost the same as renewal, we DO need resets. :P

i agree

#7 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:11 AM

i agree

-Add an NPC to Eden

-Let the Eden NPC charge 1 Eden Merit Badge
-You get warped to a special room (kind of like the novice starting area)
have an NPC for each class, Each npc gives you a Mr.Smile mask for each class. Wearing that Mask temporarily gives you access to ALL the abilities of that class (and sub classes) only usable in that room.
-In the room theres also 2 sets of stationary mobs a lvl 1 Egg with 100000000000000 hp and a patch of 7x7 eggs with the same # of HP
-logging out or zoning out of the area makes the Mr. Smile mask the NPC gave you disapear or not work

this way people can play with the skills before they change their skills

Edited by Helios0, 17 November 2011 - 10:12 AM.

#8 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

How about log onto Sakray and test it out before it becomes live? An infinitely easier solution than your suggested one.

#9 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

How about log onto Sakray and test it out before it becomes live? An infinitely easier solution than your suggested one.

the sakray server wont be on all the time and once the changes are implemented on the live servers it wont be up at all

its more of an option for people once it goes live

not that many people go on the test server..

Edited by Helios0, 17 November 2011 - 10:21 AM.

#10 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationJohnston City, IL
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

What test server?

Oh, you mean the non-existent Sakray? ... (below)

And along with that, it's still not open. I'm going to laugh even harder when it isn't open tomorrow either, considering it's been a week. :x

========================================================================

[[ Meanwhile, Last Week ~ ]]

Posted Image

Edited by Rukario, 17 November 2011 - 10:30 AM.

#11 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:16 PM

Only one reset will do. It's called test server for a reason.

People switch playstyles, guilds change strategies and asks members to use a particular build, people easily getting bored with builds, people just not completely satisfied with builds overall..... OK, do I need to continue providing more reasons?

In other words, you can never get ENOUGH resets. Since the balance patch is a huge transition and will affect players in so many ways in terms of how they play their character, not even the best character builder can create a perfect build right on the spot. The test server and the actual server you play ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENTS.

Also, not everyone has time to play on Sakray. It's pointless other than testing things and most people are just not into that......

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 17 November 2011 - 11:18 PM.

#12 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:43 AM

I highly doubt that we'll be getting multiple resets with the balance/14.1 patch on main servers. We'll most likely receive 1 free reset and that's it.

#13 weaseI

weaseI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:13 AM

People switch playstyles, guilds change strategies and asks members to use a particular build, people easily getting bored with builds, people just not completely satisfied with builds overall..... OK, do I need to continue providing more reasons?

In other words, you can never get ENOUGH resets. Since the balance patch is a huge transition and will affect players in so many ways in terms of how they play their character, not even the best character builder can create a perfect build right on the spot. The test server and the actual server you play ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ENVIRONMENTS.

Also, not everyone has time to play on Sakray. It's pointless other than testing things and most people are just not into that......

This is balance patch and not an introduction to Renewal.

#14 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:00 AM

I highly doubt that we'll be getting multiple resets with the balance/14.1 patch on main servers. We'll most likely receive 1 free reset and that's it.

If you haven't used the Mesmerizer reset in Eden, do you get 2 then?

#15 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

If you haven't used the Mesmerizer reset in Eden, do you get 2 then?

No.

Last time they did the reset thing there was 2 free resets.

#16 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

either way they need to give resets for week or 2 so people can fiqure out how they want there builds, cause we all know next to no one test anything before it hits main servers, look at renewal when it was on sakary it had what 150 people testing, that is what 1/10 ro population of all servers?

#17 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

either way they need to give resets for week or 2 so people can fiqure out how they want there builds, cause we all know next to no one test anything before it hits main servers, look at renewal when it was on sakary it had what 150 people testing, that is what 1/10 ro population of all servers?

I think 3 days to a week would be fine. Two weeks is just a little excessive.

#18 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:40 PM

There BETTER be at least one free reset... :P

#19 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

I'll need more than 1 reset for sure to build properly my shadow chaser once the patch hits...

#20 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Someone's angry that I didn't agree for a two-week reset period. I personally find that conceited.

--

If you can't find time in a week to figure out what build you want, then honestly you should just buy
neutralizers from Kafra so you promote the company. I don't believe the company should lose out
and give everyone free resets for two weeks just because you couldn't find the time to fix your
character or characters for yourself. :/

Inb4 flames and -1's...

--

3 days to a week is the period of time I would be comfortable with.

#21 SoulHero7

SoulHero7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Didn't they have a soultion when renewal first hit that the first reset was free, and then charged steadily increasing amounts of zeny for people to keep resetting? I only had to do it twice to get what I wanted, but how did that work for everyone else?

#22 Rukario

Rukario

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Didn't they have a soultion when renewal first hit that the first reset was free, and then charged steadily increasing amounts of zeny for people to keep resetting? I only had to do it twice to get what I wanted, but how did that work for everyone else?

It would make sense to do that. If they did it once, I figure they'll do it again.

#23 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

I wouldn't mind if they charged zeny. Although, so many people would hate it if Gravity used the balance patch as a way to make $ off reset stones.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 19 November 2011 - 03:16 PM.

#24 captainmaverick

captainmaverick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

C'mon guys don't you all know Gravity has to make their money off of this convenient situation? I can see them giving us 1 reset but Gravity is too cheap to give us more than that. Just sayin.

#25 SoulHero7

SoulHero7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:40 PM

C'mon guys don't you all know Gravity has to make their money off of this convenient situation? I can see them giving us 1 reset but Gravity is too cheap to give us more than that. Just sayin.

Who knows, Gravity might do this again to try to increase its public relations with it's customers for a change.

And then ask for more money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users