Bring BGs back to life! - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Bring BGs back to life!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:35 AM

They are pretty much dead, one of the very few mid-endgame stuff you could do was turned into ashes the day you guys tried to randomize teams to prevent farming, it ended up with bugs that made it almost unplayable. Instead you have introduced alternative ways to get kvm points which is nice but it shouldn't replace the real thing.

I would trade you any boring seal quest for BG action to get my bg gears for sure. But unfortunately when you get a 5 minute cooldown between fights only to get into the chatroom and then you end up with only one of the teams being warped to the arena, disconnect messages or other kind of annoying bugs that really slow down the process it's frustrating... and this goes for flavius and tierra valley too, tierra has a nice setup and some pretty good fights can be achieved but no one will go in there in its current state.

If BGs worked properly you guys could even get some extra revenue, by introducing some kind of 'BG manual' that could give the user 2x point/medal rewards for 'x' minutes and/or bypass the cooldown between fights, pretty sure it would be a desireable item.

#2 PedroProplayer

PedroProplayer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos/Renewal

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

allofmymoney.jpg

Where do I sign?

#3 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

To be honest even if it did work it seems like the # of people that want to just farm it is greater than the number of people looking to actually fight there.

Revert it back to the old non buggy BG where people could farm and the people looking for a fight can just come in and troll the ones farming like we used to.

#4 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

With how easy it is now to get KVM badges through EMB and seal quests, I don't think there's much harm in reverting BGs back to their farmable state. As MrBudd said, back when there was no cool down, KVM was packed with people. Many farmers, but there was a bunch of people looking to fight too. Back then, it was pretty annoying trying to actually get KVM badges, when people would-_- around. But now that theres so many alternate ways to get KVM badges, I don't see it as a problem. I could see my guild doing 5v5 practice matches too, when we're bored lol

#5 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:54 AM

The history of battle grounds (for those who don't know)

Me: "Yeah so excited, just WoE'd and still got that killing bishes feeling.
Lets go BG."

*goes to BG, 50 jillion people waiting in lobby

Me: "Oh finally an empty spot."

Farmer John: "Oh you can't join."

Me: "Whut u talkin bout?"

Farmer John: "This spot is for my alt."
*the farmer and his co-op proceed to harass, and spam with mean PMs till i give and leave

or...

Me: [to my friend] "Dude let's go BG."

*goes and gets in match right away. yah!

Friend: "How come our teammates aren't doing anything?"

Me: "Omg :P We are on an alt team!! Oh well..."

*proceeds to dish out mean pwnage to other team anyways
starts receiving irritated PMs from the farming co-op

Co-op: "Why you kill our dudes? You are ruining our farming?"

Me + Friend: "For realz?"

*concludes pwnage dispensing...after 5th time in a week of this :D, goes to cry to GMs about farming BG.

GM:"Randomize all the teams!!!"

Everyone (excluding the co-ops): "Yah."

*a short while later...

GMs and players: "BG is borked!!! BG script...Y U NO WORK!!!"

The end.

Edited by TheSquishy, 18 November 2011 - 09:56 AM.

#6 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

remove the 5 minutes cool down for KVM??????????????????????????????????????

#7 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

Bringing back old BG would be awesome, even if you wanted to fight but people were farming was just about dont mess with them lol.
I miss those days.

#8 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:36 AM

i would love it if they get rid of the randomizin in BG cause that pretty much killed whats left of bg running, and but unless they make bg give some stuff people want it probably wont happen, though I would love it if it ran, As i could use some more bg armor and medals

#9 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

I doubt this will happen. The rewards aren't valuable enough to spend time in BG (Not talking about KVM) and there is no incentive to fight it out instead of farming if it were true. Plus WoE/PVP is imbalanced as hell especially in small scale battles. Who would wast Howls in GB?

#10 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

The problem with BGs is that there's a 50/50 split on what the players think of them:

Group 1: They're a fun way to get into PvP without the resources, scheduling, or guild size required for WoE. Hop in, grab a team, have fun, and hey, if you do it enough, grab some nice gear too.

Group 2: They require you to spend time to get WoE gear. Use every possible lame tactic to farm them, and do everything you can to drive people out that want an actual fight, as they're slowing down your badge/point gain rate. Get your WoE gear, then forget about them.

Needless to say, it's impossible for those of us in Group 1 to start a battle while Group 2 are busy pissing on the system.

I think the main solution is to allow Group 2 to get BG gear without actually running BGs, so everyone in the BG waiting room is actually there to play the damn game. This seems to be the direction the GMs were going with when they added badges to Seals quest rewards and lucky boxes. I would also suggest introducing something like the old WPS, and allowing BG gear to be purchased with the points.

Of course, for anything to work, there needs to be players who actually do play for things besides WoE, and that requires class balance and a fixing of partying. That's a separate discussion, however.

#11 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

was dead 4 months prior to that sir. I don't consider 4 people trying to fight and the other 24 being 3 people with a lot of accounts logged in. Every time I went in it was predetermined by agreement or unfortunate siding who was going to win. That is not the spirit of what it was for.

BG was for figthing that gives you rewards.

NOT, Rewards that force you to get into a fight. I don't have a way to make the above happen due to the RO settings possible and that players will actively try to avoid it, I don't intend on making rewards better for something that is broken.

#12 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:17 PM

of course yeah........... and boxes gives you the items that you are supposed to fight for then..........

many times we try to do KVM but the FIVE minutes cool down its just excesive, maybe 1 min? please? have you ever try to do battle grounds? :P

#13 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

Also keep in mind that BG in Pre-Renewal was a minimum level requirement of 80+ for the majority. Back then, Lv99 was the limit. It was a good "Close to end-game levels" way to kill time while gaining rewards. Leveling was also slower back then, so people were always up for fights when they didn't feel like level grinding during weeks where there were no drops or exp events. You could say there wasn't too much of a disadvantage in level differences either.

Today BG is still a minimum level requirement of Lv80+, but the new Lv limit is 150. There are status penalties when people fighting are of large differences in levels. This deters lower leveled players from wanting to play BG. Oh and too many RG's and their gear breaking skills makes BG unbearable for many individuals trying to do Flavius' 2 round fights.

People are busy with the constant weekly turn ins and Exp/Drops events. Back then, everyone did BG's because they were bored out of their minds from the lack of events. That and they were "near max level." Give it time and BG Flav/Tierra activity should somewhat pick up "some day" when more people reach Lv130+.

People don't do Tierra because it rewards far too few badges compared to Flavius, while Flavius is too frustrating to deal with at times. Tierra is a lot more fun to do though.....

On that note, team randomization on Flavius and Tierra has been fixed to the point that it's fairly stable and won't DC you as often. It's quite fun when people actually play them.

I made a thread with some suggestions on how to fix Battlegrounds in "The Lab" sometime ago. Just need GM/CM interaction with it. So don't think this has been ignored by some people.

#14 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

Also keep in mind that BG in Pre-Renewal was a minimum level requirement of 80+ for the majority. Back then, Lv99 was the limit. It was a good "Close to end-game levels" way to kill time while gaining rewards. Leveling was also slower back then, so people were always up for fights when they didn't feel like level grinding during weeks where there were no drops or exp events. You could say there wasn't too much of a disadvantage in level differences either.

Today BG is still a minimum level requirement of Lv80+, but the new Lv limit is 150. There are status penalties when people fighting are of large differences in levels. This deters lower leveled players from wanting to play BG. Oh and too many RG's and their gear breaking skills makes BG unbearable for many individuals trying to do Flavius' 2 round fights.

People are busy with the constant weekly turn ins and Exp/Drops events. Back then, everyone did BG's because they were bored out of their minds from the lack of events. That and they were "near max level." Give it time and BG Flav/Tierra activity should somewhat pick up "some day" when more people reach Lv130+.

People don't do Tierra because it rewards far too few badges compared to Flavius, while Flavius is too frustrating to deal with at times. Tierra is a lot more fun to do though.....

On that note, team randomization on Flavius and Tierra has been fixed to the point that it's fairly stable and won't DC you as often. It's quite fun when people actually play them.

I made a thread with some suggestions on how to fix Battlegrounds in "The Lab" sometime ago. Just need GM/CM interaction with it. So don't think this has been ignored by some people.

how the people told me about the level restriction for spare card and saint patrick "oh jesuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus chrisssssssssssssst thiiiiiiiink about neeeeeeeeeeew plaaaaaayerrrrrrrrssss!!!!uhuhhulhluahauhlauahluahlahal!!!!! :D :blah: :wave:

The new level restriction could be 130 :P you are a smart guy !!!! ;)

#15 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

you could boost the rewards and only open the BG chats during a certain hour per week, like woe

#16 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

was dead 4 months prior to that sir. I don't consider 4 people trying to fight and the other 24 being 3 people with a lot of accounts logged in. Every time I went in it was predetermined by agreement or unfortunate siding who was going to win. That is not the spirit of what it was for.

NOT, Rewards that force you to get into a fight. I don't have a way to make the above happen due to the RO settings possible and that players will actively try to avoid it, I don't intend on making rewards better for something that is broken.

If its broken isn't it the job of those who made it to fix it?

#17 FiskBlack

FiskBlack

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts
  • LocationMexico, Campeche
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

Almost every player were happy with that, and some times players fight back specially in tierra, even if that was the problem then why dont fix the flavious bug? Or you want everyone to buy once again boxes to get the kvm/bg medals? This is pissing me off, i been playing 3 years this game and back when people used to do flav, not always was farming, and even farming people had fun killing each others, then you want the game to stand on YOUR acomodations? I guess you messed BG on purpose then.

#18 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:05 PM

Have BG events.

Make in-game announcements that BG rewards are tripled for the duration. I'm pretty sure at least half of the server would jump right in just for the fun and giggles.

#19 Furinkazan

Furinkazan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:33 PM

my guild has private KVM events all the time... and we don't farm with alts :P we practice

#20 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:17 AM

If its broken isn't it the job of those who made it to fix it?

The system was created by kRO. jRO saw how broken it was and decided not to implement it. iRO cannot fix a system that was created broken on a game they do not own. The iRO GM's have tried many times to fix BG's but Renewal just broke the system even more! Status effects and Skill damage being affected by base level/job level is one of the worst changes to this game. Yes it makes Bio3 MVP's a bit tougher but it totally breaks any PVP.

Lets look at RWC rules:
Each character will be level 90/60 assumed to have switched at job 50, with the exception of High Wizard, Champion, Sniper, and High Priest that will be level 85/60.

Those 5 levels totally change any form of balancing Renewal RWC has. And with class balance the way it currently is, it is impossible to create a set of rules where it seems to be an even fight. Too many classes get stronger at a quadratic rate compared to other's who don't get stronger at all or get stronger only linearly.

#21 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:38 AM

Then let's have BGs running only at certain times, during the week at peak hours so everyone will join and fight to win, no time for farmers or alts to get in there.

#22 MelonyDale

MelonyDale

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

why not remove the badges from battle grounds and let players make there own rewards if they want to. If your at battle grounds for a fight the badges shouldn't matter. or make the prizes something small like WoE white potions so you get to have fun and get a small present for it xD "something not vendible would be best i think"

#23 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

- Cooldowns for Flavius and Tierra are too long. 5 minutes for KVM is not THAT much... It is the same duration of a battle, unless it is with farmers. 3 minutes maybe?

- Bad prizes. Make me a list of the "useful" BG/KVM rewards, except Medals of Honor.

- Misinformation / Business. Like they said, some people don't even know the battlegrounds exist. Bots and chats always hide the Maroll Recruiter NPC. Why not moving the one in Prontera? Also. People do too much turnins.

#24 HRdevil

HRdevil

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1165 posts
  • LocationMassachusets
  • Server:IRO Valkyrie

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:14 AM

Can you like at least fix it to how it was before the randomization thingy and the new bugs?

@Clogon: With all the E.Z. upgrades pay2win Green ale and God seals acting as god item factory how isn't pvp/woe it going to be broken? Not to mention E.Z. pvm/mvp aswell.

Edited by HRdevil, 20 November 2011 - 04:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users