Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

A bit of scheduling news for upcoming events: The special event WoE's that we are working on right now will be introduced when we implement the skill update. During those event WoEs we will still have a realm running normal WoEs so we can be testing the new skill effects at the same time. Normal WoEs will continue to run until we get the balance files implemented on the main servers.

#2 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 04:15 PM

its there any date? :P

#3 Xerloris

Xerloris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

How about you be more specific and detailed. This :P about announcing woe changes then backing out of them is getting old. People read one thing, decide not to show up for siege for a few weeks then you change your mind and have woe going as normal. It was said event woe starts on the 22nd, now I see the 22nd is crossed out? Attendance for most guilds is :D already, then having more people not show because there wasn't suppose to be a siege does nothing but hurt everyone.

Edited by Xerloris, 18 November 2011 - 06:39 PM.

#4 DeltaRay

DeltaRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

TO be honest I think its a good idea to delay it, they only gave us 1 week of warning?The slower players can actually prepare for this event,adding a double exp event would lessen the worries too.

#5 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

I think not a 2x exp event, but a event lowering the exp curve as it was did before. So we can 99 our second/trans classes faster to the event, but the third class grinding phase would be unaffected.

#6 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:50 AM

there has been no info at all since the " regular woe will return in January, until then there will be event woes starting Tuesday 22nd" ... disappointment and confusion aside, why is this new info not stickied and highlighted? its 10000x more important than pretty much anything else on these forums right now. Also i'm not sure what would be the point of having two different sets of woe happening at the same time, it makes no sense at all. And for christs sake communicate about this stuff more often please... People want to know what these event woes are gonna be, how they will be organized, which classes they should have ready, more updates on the sakray issue, etc etc..

PS: How is it possible that another stupid thread asking people what they want in kafra shop box more important than woe scheduling? At least if it was some kind of poll or something that looked organized, i'd get it, you re here to make cash it makes sense to figure out what will sell more. But this is just silly and seeing that stuff stickied while important info about the game is scattered in the middle of the forums is very disappointing.

Edited by fenryl, 19 November 2011 - 02:56 AM.

#7 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:31 AM

there has been no info at all since the " regular woe will return in January, until then there will be event woes starting Tuesday 22nd" ... disappointment and confusion aside, why is this new info not stickied and highlighted? its 10000x more important than pretty much anything else on these forums right now. Also i'm not sure what would be the point of having two different sets of woe happening at the same time, it makes no sense at all. And for christs sake communicate about this stuff more often please... People want to know what these event woes are gonna be, how they will be organized, which classes they should have ready, more updates on the sakray issue, etc etc..

PS: How is it possible that another stupid thread asking people what they want in kafra shop box more important than woe scheduling? At least if it was some kind of poll or something that looked organized, i'd get it, you re here to make cash it makes sense to figure out what will sell more. But this is just silly and seeing that stuff stickied while important info about the game is scattered in the middle of the forums is very disappointing.

There's no point in giving a date because we know what happens when they put a date on the skill balance patch implementation. How many different dates have we gotten? The 1st date was back in August wasn't it?

I agree, we could use more info about the event WoEs. I wasn't here when it happened last year.

There's no point of using a poll either because we know what happens when they put a poll up. They look at the most frequent response and take a dump on it.

#8 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:21 AM

Sticky this sh!t please.

Seriously though if you're going to open up one realm for regular woe and half my people have already scheduled themselves to do other things and not show up, the regular woe better be some sort of special event thing.

#9 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:29 AM

Details are sparse right now because we are still in the planning process, and developing some interesting mechanics for the events that are going to require some testing. That being said, the timeline is being strongly affected by the slow progress on getting 14.1 and the skill patch working.

#10 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:35 AM

So does this mean next tues and weds will be normal woes if you dont get the patch in before that? I think you need to get a more decisive timeline so ppl can plan accordingly

#11 sayoko

sayoko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 590 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

what about a VIP weekend for all accounts for this? then no one would QQ :mellow:

#12 Snewt

Snewt

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:08 PM

Thread for information?

Misleading.

#13 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:45 PM

Was thinking this was going to be an announcement about what the specific event woes were going to be. Meh, oh well. I'm sure I'll find out eventually. =P

#14 sendo

sendo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

i think it's time to quit and come back when regular woe is up again. byes =)

#15 Daize

Daize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:55 PM

Was thinking this was going to be an announcement about what the specific event woes were going to be. Meh, oh well. I'm sure I'll find out eventually. =P

That's exactly what I thought as well when I first read the thread title. Lately the community managers have not been very good at... well, communicating. This is getting ridiculous.

#16 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

inb4EndlessRantingAbout"Nobody"guildsgettingcastles.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 20 November 2011 - 01:39 PM.

#17 Jing

Jing

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEast Prontera
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

its like saying we might do some changes next week or then again maybe not but we like to inform you guys ahead of time.

#18 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:32 PM

inb4goditemsandskillabuseczeitslolnovicewarsamirightoramiright

#19 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

So will the event woes start sat? or will it be normal woe?

#20 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

The skill patch will hit Sakray for testing before the main servers regardless of a delay, correct?

#21 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:10 AM

Can you tell us which category will ninjas fall in?

#22 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

Assuming nontrans

#23 Wanderer

Wanderer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

Yes, but 1st or 2nd class?

#24 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:06 AM

So is this actually going to happen any time soon?

#25 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:55 AM

its there any date? :bang:

One year to get all of the files on the server. Another year to test it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users